Ex-Staff Liam Manning

I would do the same if I was him I suppose but it does leave a bit of a sour taste in your mouth leaving after 7 months, ah well onto the next one. Wonder who will be in charge on saturday? Craig Short?

Quicker recruitment this time round with us at the top and not wanting to lose much momentum? Attractive job for most managers compared to when the 'temp' took over.

Forgive me ignorance but am I right in saying there is no Director of Football at Oxford Utd? If so where does the continuity come from? There has to be an understanding about what sort of club we are and the type of football we play and then recruit players and managers based on that understanding.

Frank Lampard or John Terry? Based on what Lg1 experience is that exactly?

I would hope that the recruitment teams approach is a little more measured than plucking a successful former player, who has no experience of the task at hand, league 1 promotion.
Lampard did a fairly decent job at Derby in the championship. John Terry has good experience as a number 2 and if you watch a recent interview by him where he applied for a couple of league 1 jobs (Sunderland being one) and didn't get them. After that he has gone away and done a lot of research on the league and players.

I wish him the sack asap from Bristol city- cant see him getting on with the board there
Bizarrely I was speaking to an couple of Brizzle City fans at the weekend , the current board are a nightmare to work with apparently?

Wasnt it eventually issues with LM and the board at MK that saw him fail there?

Last edited:
Short is like Faz, stick to coaching in the background. Every game is vital in us not surrendering momentum, I'd like to think a recruitment process began as soon as Manning was linked meaning we should be a week or so into it. Not interviews obviously but definitely a few viable candidates of real interest. If Short has to do a game so be it but I wouldn't want him doing any more. This international break is suddenly a god send to us.

Lampard did a fairly decent job at Derby in the championship. John Terry has good experience as a number 2 and if you watch a recent interview by him where he applied for a couple of league 1 jobs (Sunderland being one) and didn't get them. After that he has gone away and done a lot of research on the league and players.

Lampard was s**t for Derby. He managed to f**k up promotion with one of the largest boom or bust budgets, which has left them where they are now.

Stop giving big names managerial jobs based on no experience whatsoever!

Back
Top Bottom