Ex-Staff Liam Manning

It seems like it’s true, wonder what the release clause/compo is for Oxford. Did we try and offer him more to keep him?

This will fully test the mettle of Tim and Grant in terms of a replacement and ensuring our season isn’t derailed! If we could keep Hogg and other back room team then not so bad, but guessing they will all go potentially!
Hogg is his puppet he'll go with

I get the whole 'its a short career, gotta make hay' argument that those in football put forward, but really...all the messaging was about building something here, a style, a culture.

It means nothing. The disillusionment is real. Individual success > Team success every time.
It's not a short career though is it, that sounds like something a player would say to justify their actions. Roy Hodgson is 76 and managing a premier league club

John Terry, Frank Lampard, John Eustace please.

Manning has let himself down big time here.

Frank Lampard or John Terry? Based on what Lg1 experience is that exactly?

I would hope that the recruitment teams approach is a little more measured than plucking a successful former player, who has no experience of the task at hand, league 1 promotion.

It's not a short career though is it, that sounds like something a player would say to justify their actions. Roy Hodgson is 76 and managing a premier league club
I think some would argue that even managers need to take every opportunity to earn. I agree though, in Mannings case, is it really necessary to give us a measly 6 months before jumping ship at the first sniff. Poor show.

I now know who Manning 'doesn't do social media'.
Emotionless Power Point Manager.
We want a proper person running our family club.

John Terry, Frank Lampard, John Eustace please.

Manning has let himself down big time here.
Judas. Where was he before we gave him his second chance. It’s Bristol City, they’ve always been s**t.
I had respect for Liam, that shows what sort of a person he is.
The board should insist on a transfer embargo to BC.

Whatever he says, he categorically knew about the approach and will have had unofficial contact for sometime before. Okay that’s not meant to happen but everybody knows it goes on.

Im hoping Oxford were also aware and have already started their own recruitment

No. Absolutely not.

We've moved away from the loud mouth morons.

Yeah, moved on to quieter, less loud mouthed ones but ones who sh*t on you from a great height.

I'd have Jones here in an instant. He quite simply gets teams promoted and a team that is very similar to us in stature, albeit currently operating in the PL thanks in no small measure to Nathan Jones.

Back
Top Bottom