Ex-Staff Liam Manning

Errrr. They outright asked him a) if there had been an approach (he answered that there hadn’t) and b) if he would be interested in the Bristol City job (he declined to answer).

Make of that what you will. Didn’t come off as sinister - although did sound a little uncomfortable (Jerome noticed that as well). Typical Manning low key answer. Probably a little disappointing he had the chance to put the speculation to bed and opted not to - albeit on a professional and personal level I see why he didn’t.

Errrr. They outright asked him a) if there had been an approach (he answered that there hadn’t) and b) if he would be interested in the Bristol City job (he declined to answer.

Make of that what you will. Didn’t come off as sinister - although did sound a little uncomfortable (Jerome noticed that as well). Typical Manning low key answer. Probably a little disappointing he had the chance to put the speculation to bed and opted not to - albeit on a professional and personal level I see why he didn’t.
Cheers, sounds like a typical Manning interview, let's see what the next days and weeks bring.

I guess it depends how much B city are willing to pay…. ‘Hi Liam your salary is doubled from 150k a year to 300k a year on a longer term contract’….

Anyone, me and you included is signing that in an instant!

Taking the positives, didn’t Plymouth have thier manager poached and continue on to promotion?

I guess it depends how much B city are willing to pay…. ‘Hi Liam your salary is doubled from 150k a year to 300k a year on a longer term contract’….

Taking the positives, didn’t Plymouth have thier manager poached and continue on to promotion?
I think Luton did too.

Especially when the figures are more like 250k to 500k.

EDIT: Probably more than 500k.

“The highest-paid Championship manager was reportedly paid 3.46 million pounds a year, with an average across the division of 878,000 pounds a year.”

Last edited:
Especially when the figures are more like 250k to 500k.

EDIT: Probably more than 500k.

“The highest-paid Championship manager was reportedly paid 3.46 million pounds a year, with an average across the division of 878,000 pounds a year.”
Wow. okay, if Bristol city make a move it is see you later then! Who is a viable replacement……

That's a bit of a tenuous positive I think, Ryan Lowe was poached by PNE in Dec 21, Schumacher (Lowe's no.2) got them promoted 18 months later in 2023.
After the game today, the general consensus on Radox was that if Manning left his no.2 Hogg would go with him.

You would hope Liam would be a bit more committal given we gave him a route back into the game when his stock was pretty low after the MK collapse.

Such altruism from Grant and Tim. Could be he was the only one who gave the Chuckles a free hit if we got relegated?

You are such a romantic.

I didn’t like the sound of his (Manning) response to Nathan’s question(s) re Bristol City which sort of surprised me as I thought he would have quickly put it to bed if he wasn’t interested. I can understand that he might be interested e.g. higher league & salary possibly etc, and at a club not that far away.

Personally I think it’ll be a risk for him to go now, a la like when Appleton left and midway through a season, whereas, come the summer our the whole situation could be clearer, especially as we’ll know what league we’re in etc.

I didn’t like the sound of his (Manning) response to Nathan’s question(s) re Bristol City which sort of surprised me as I thought he would have quickly put it to bed if he wasn’t interested. I can understand that he might be interested e.g. higher league & salary possibly etc, and at a club not that far away.

Personally I think it’ll be a risk for him to go now, a la like when Appleton left and midway through a season, whereas, come the summer our the whole situation could be clearer, especially as we’ll know what league we’re in etc.

Seems conclusive to me, especially the last bit - he's here for the now, get a promotion under his belt then come and ask me next year.

1699142707920.png

1699142991720.png

Back
Top Bottom