Ex-Staff Liam Manning

It will be an offer that meets the contractual obligations of Liam's contract. No more than that.
Which makes you wonder what the incentive would be for the club to allow discussions.

We either pay him his contractual value over the term of the contract, when all signs suggest he has a real chance of success with us.

Or we accept his contractual value now and then spend the same or more on an alternative manager who could by all means send us to the foot of the table.

If they really will offer only the value of the contract it makes you wonder why we would even entertain an approach.

Does anyone know the length & conditions of Manning's contract.
I can't recall them being mentioned, mmmmmm intresting......

Mous was on 5Live the other evening, speaks so well and so switched on to the modern game.
Not sure he would jump ship from Pompey just yet, seems to be really enjoying what he is doing and spoke well about the potential if the club is run properly and not allowed to become a financial basket case.
As for LM........ who knows?

Mous was on 5Live the other evening, speaks so well and so switched on to the modern game.
Not sure he would jump ship from Pompey just yet, seems to be really enjoying what he is doing and spoke well about the potential if the club is run properly and not allowed to become a financial basket case.
As for LM........ who knows?
mous is who I wanted, well before he went to pompey

It will be an offer that meets the contractual obligations of Liam's contract. No more than that.
So does Manning have a 'buy out clause' or can Oxford hold him to his contract legally?

Also I assume that Manning is one of a number of potential managers Bristol City are looking at?

So does Manning have a 'buy out clause' or can Oxford hold him to his contract legally?

Also I assume that Manning is one of a number of potential managers Bristol City are looking at?

He'll have a compo figure in his contract.

I'd assume they have a number of people that they are looking at, Manning being one of them.

He'll have a compo figure in his contract.

I'd assume they have a number of people that they are looking at, Manning being one of them.
I hope we have a replacement list in mind if he does end up going.. don't want another long wait for a replacement, whilst we plummet down the league

There was seemingly a break clause in the contract in the event that we went down last season. Not everybody being interviewed for the job was willing to accept that. Had we gone down, we could well have pulled the trigger. If an opportunity comes up that he fancies, he owes us nothing and will go. That is football. Clubs talk about protecting themselves all the time, but players and managers have the same right.

Whatever does or doesn’t happen, Manning has already shown that he will just get on with his job. If he goes, he will go professionally and respectfully. Which is a world away from the constant a**e wiggling and smug “mmm, dunno, depends if people want to act like a big club…” style comments that we had to endure previously.

The chance's of him going ,are a lot higher than some people, seem to be discrediting the thought..

Can John Mousinho not just manage us as well as Portsmouth? Like a second job he does in the evenings. It wouldn't matter if he gave them more time as I, like most sane people will be happy if we come second to John Mousinho's Portsmouth.

Should of sacked the Muppet quicker & put him in charge... oh well ....
I think that we have done really well by appointing Manning.
Not sure that many supporters will wish we had somebody else? Other maybe than the person that wanted us to come second to Pompey?

There was seemingly a break clause in the contract in the event that we went down last season. Not everybody being interviewed for the job was willing to accept that. Had we gone down, we could well have pulled the trigger. If an opportunity comes up that he fancies, he owes us nothing and will go. That is football. Clubs talk about protecting themselves all the time, but players and managers have the same right.

Whatever does or doesn’t happen, Manning has already shown that he will just get on with his job. If he goes, he will go professionally and respectfully. Which is a world away from the constant a**e wiggling and smug “mmm, dunno, depends if people want to act like a big club…” style comments that we had to endure previously.
I'm sure you're right, but you could say that leaving so soon isn't very professional or respectful. I get the thing about precarious careers and all that but I've worked with people who were hard to recruit and then left after six months and we were pretty pissed off with them.

I think that we have done really well by appointing Manning.
Not sure that many supporters will wish we had somebody else? Other maybe than the person that wanted us to come second to Pompey?
You can’t really deny that, statistically, Mousinho is doing a better job than Manning, currently. Only 3 points and 1 goal better, though. And they may have had a better budget/starting squad.

I guess you can argue it. We shall see by the end of the season I guess!

You can’t really deny that, statistically, Mousinho is doing a better job than Manning, currently. Only 3 points and 1 goal better, though. And they may have had a better budget/starting squad.

I guess you can argue it. We shall see by the end of the season I guess!
I am.not arguing who is better between Mous or Manning. As you say, Mous had a better squad (no doubt).
I was referring to the person who seemed to be bemoaning the fact that we have Manning instead of Mous.

When you hear our new recruits talking they say that Liam Manning painted a picture of a club going places and they bought into that vision
For Liam Manning to leave now would shake the faith of those new players it would seem like he wasn’t true to his word.
Now if BCFC come up with a phenomenal offer LM would have to consider it. But like all managers he has a shelf life ,he has to consider several things one of them being he has just moved his family into the he area.
Don’t know how this will pan out but I have a feeling LM is a man of integrity and will want to see the job through
If we just miss out on promotion his stock will be where it is now and won’t have changed much and he will still be considered a forward thinking coach/manager and we would be touted by Championship clubs

I'm sure you're right, but you could say that leaving so soon isn't very professional or respectful. I get the thing about precarious careers and all that but I've worked with people who were hard to recruit and then left after six months and we were pretty pissed off with them.
What if your company had decided they didn’t rate them after all and cut them loose inside the first year?

Did this person leave their old job for better terms? If so, surely they only did to your company what they did to their old one on your behalf?

What if Manning had been sacked for not being able to stop someone else’s rot?

Etc.

Back
Top Bottom