Ex-Staff Liam Manning

Absolutely this.

Any manager worth his salt should be able to keep this squad up from this position.

Unfortunately some posters seem to feel that to concede that we're not as good as relegated goes some way to excuse KR. It doesn't. He has made an absolute shambles of this season.

However, it's not mutually exclusive to cry about the absolutely appalling management this season (at all levels) - and still recognise that safety is very much possible.
Really? Any manager worth his salt should be able to keep a team up, he inherits that are just above the relegation zone, haven't won in ten games, YES TEN GAMES, have huge fitness/injury issues and are devoid of all confidence. In your view any manager coming in should be able to turn this around in ten games. Some of our fans are out of their minds. Yes, of course, it's possible but I would suggest it will be a hell of an achievement if he does.

We don’t lack effort, can’t fault that, we are where we are in terms of quality in the squad as he obviously can’t bring anyone else in but the one area where we desperately need a boost is in having some confidence and belief, there’s a difference in trying hard and conviction, hopefully we can get a quick win under Manning and it will snowball from there with a fresh voice with some new ideas and a bit more technical nous, the players at the moment though look like they are expecting bad things to happen and a bit resigned to it, which is understandable after 1 point from 10 games and Robinson draining the soul from the club while his supposed boss just looked on.

I actually have a bit more hope after today, the players actually seem up for the fight but are a bit lost and directionless, hopefully Manning can make the difference there.

Really? Any manager worth his salt should be able to keep a team up, he inherits that are just above the relegation zone, haven't won in ten games, YES TEN GAMES, have huge fitness/injury issues and are devoid of all confidence. In your view any manager coming in should be able to turn this around in ten games. Some of our fans are out of their minds. Yes, of course, it's possible but I would suggest it will be a hell of an achievement if he does.

Respectfully disagree, and think that's a very defeatist attitude.

What is (more or less) the same squad need to achieve at the rate they achieved in the first 26 games.

It's a challenge, but not an insurmountable one.

Edit: Perhaps not any manager, but I'd hope we were after more than that.

Last edited:
We don’t lack effort, can’t fault that, we are where we are in terms of quality in the squad as he obviously can’t bring anyone else in but the one area where we desperately need a boost is in having some confidence and belief, there’s a difference in trying hard and conviction, hopefully we can get a quick win under Manning and it will snowball from there with a fresh voice with some new ideas and a bit more technical nous, the players at the moment though look like they are expecting bad things to happen and a bit resigned to it, which is understandable after 1 point from 10 games and Robinson draining the soul from the club while his supposed boss just looked on.

I actually have a bit more hope after today, the players actually seem up for the fight but are a bit lost and directionless, hopefully Manning can make the difference there.
Agree with that. An example today was when their equaliser went it. It looked like the players felt it was game over, to be honest I did as well so like the players maybe we all need something to give us a bit more belief.

Respectfully disagree, and think that's a very defeatist attitude.

What is (more or less) the same squad need to achieve at the rate they achieved in the first 26 games.

It's a challenge, but not an insurmountable one.

Edit: Perhaps not any manager, but I'd hope we were after more than that.
I would say realist rather than defeatist. I'm well up for the fight but am a realist when it comes to the situation we find ourselves in.

Incredibly naive and risky decision to appoint Manning, made by people with clearly very little understanding. It’s no surprise the stadium debacle has happened when you’ve got such incompetence controlling the club.
Maybe they’ve got more understanding than you give them credit for, you might be wrong?

Maybe they’ve got more understanding than you give them credit for, you might be wrong?
“Stadium debacle “
Please clarify
Letting an ex school teacher head up possibly the single most important part of the clubs future. Somehow fails to find any suitable land in Oxfordshire and ends up scratching around a triangular patch of earth, in which it’s already known the new owners grand plans won’t actually fit.

Letting an ex school teacher head up possibly the single most important part of the clubs future. Somehow fails to find any suitable land in Oxfordshire and ends up scratching around a triangular patch of earth, in which it’s already known the new owners grand plans won’t actually fit.
The triangle will work though and the ex teacher is working his a**e off behind the scenes give the club some credit.

Wow! I thought your earlier post was a load of old tosh, but you just keep getting worse!

It certainly will if they incorporate the arable land to the South of the Triangle............

I hope Manning didn’t say that in his interview!

Back
Top Bottom