Ex-Staff Liam Manning

To hear Short talking about us needing physicality in midfield after the game today ...I could've thrown the radio at him. You have to ask as a part of the senior coaching staff what the hell has he been doing

That assumes he hasn't pointed this out before to KR.

I have zero empathy with Manning. He’s paid a massive amount (£250k pa?) to get us in the Championship but his first priority is keeping us in lge 1. It’s obvious when accepting the job those were 2 of his top objectives with avoiding relegation being priority. He knew what the squad was like, and what it was capable of doing, before he signed up so if we are relegated he’s failed in my book.
We had a pick of decent managers and he was the chosen one so has to deliver. Good luck with that Liam with what you’ve inherited but you have to deliver.

To hear Short talking about us needing physicality in midfield after the game today ...I could've thrown the radio at him. You have to ask as a part of the senior coaching staff what the hell has he been doing

Trying to make the best of a bad job dropped in his lap by his boss, staying employed.

You would do the same.

We did alright today against a decent team despite a pretty clueless set up from Short. If Manning is halfway competent then he'll keep us up, we didn't give up today and do have decent players, they've just been woefully coached for the last 15 months or so and made to look worse than they are.

I've said it before, people are wildly underestimating just what a bad job Robinson did. The squad is obviously poor, especially for the money spent on it, but it's good enough to stay above the likes of Accrington and Morecambe.

It's really weird that despite Robinson being crap for well over a year, clearly having lost the changing room and seeing us improve immediately under the ropey leadership of the three Amigo's people think it'll be hard to improve on what he left us. It really shouldn't be. We also need to stop talking about the games against Morecambe and Cheltenham coming up and Forest Green and Accrington at the end of the season as if they're the only chance we'll have to get points. We could easily have taken something from Derby today who are in the playoff positions and that's setting up with no protection in front of the defence. There's no reason we can't get something out of any game we've got remaining, Peterborough got whacked 3-0 at home to Cheltenham today. It's not a good League and we need to get out of this scaredy cat mentality that we can't compete with some bang average teams.

I have zero empathy with Manning. He’s paid a massive amount (£250k pa?) to get us in the Championship but his first priority is keeping us in lge 1. It’s obvious when accepting the job those were 2 of his top objectives with avoiding relegation being priority. He knew what the squad was like, and what it was capable of doing, before he signed up so if we are relegated he’s failed in my book.
We had a pick of decent managers and he was the chosen one so has to deliver. Good luck with that Liam with what you’ve inherited but you have to deliver.

Give him a bloody chance before virtually writing him off. I think he will be brilliant for us and such a refreshing appointment. I didn’t want a tired, round the block, 50 year old and thankfully, neither did the board. It was Manning or Holden for me and I couldn’t be happier with the outcome.

I still can't get over how odd it was that he wasn't introduced to the crowd at the game today. Apart from one question in the half time quiz, it was as though he didn't exist.

Give him a bloody chance before virtually writing him off. I think he will be brilliant for us and such a refreshing appointment. I didn’t want a tired, round the block, 50 year old and thankfully, neither did the board. It was Manning or Holden for me and I couldn’t be happier with the outcome.
Err, where did I write him off? I said he has to deliver on the first objective of his new job.
I also think he will turn it round and I’m supportive of him but as @Osei Yaw said he’s not faultless if we go down.

Who cares, and ultimately who knows if he is the right man for the job, we haven't got time to bicker and moan about it, we need to support him and the team otherwise we have to watch us play Barrow next year... that should be incentive enough to get behind the team on its own.

Liam Mannings Yellow Army #COYY

Err, where did I write him off? I said he has to deliver on the first objective of his new job.
I also think he will turn it round and I’m supportive of him but as @Osei Yaw said he’s not faultless if we go down.

Well yeah, I was the first one on here to say that he cannot be blameless when just about everyone else was saying the board and Robinson are totally to blame. The tone of your post was somewhat different to how you’re now trying to portray it though.

He will have nearly a quarter of a season, with many of the games against bottom half teams. If he doesnt make a good fist of it, could he be be expected to take us up to the next level?

Manning was the cheap option who was prepared to work with Short & Co - the others weren't. Hope he is a magician because that is what we need!

Well yeah, I was the first one on here to say that he cannot be blameless when just about everyone else was saying the board and Robinson are totally to blame. The tone of your post was somewhat different to how you’re now trying to portray it though.
I was just laying out that he has to deliver. I don’t think I changed tack at all from my original point but hey ho.

Manning was the cheap option who was prepared to work with Short & Co - the others weren't. Hope he is a magician because that is what we need!

Do you mind divulging how you know that ? I would have thought only those on the inside of the interview process would know his salary and his willingness to work with existing coaching staff. You sound certain so I’m just intrigued to know your role within the club and how you’ve obtained this information.

I think that a lot of people are massively overestimating how good some of the teams are in this league, there's plenty of dump especially down the bottom. If Manning can't keep us up with a three point head start, probably the best squad of the relegation candidates and games against four of them between now and the end of the season then he doesn't get away blame free for me.
Don’t forget our massively superior goal difference over the other 7 clubs with us in the bottom 8. That could make all the difference on the final day of the season.

Back
Top Bottom