Ex-Staff Liam Manning

I mentioned both times we played MK last season that they played the best football of any team I’d ever seen in League One. That said, we did beat them both times - I suppose in that respect we may see more of what we’ve been used to the last few years, pretty football that perhaps flatters to deceive.

The MK capitulation this season under him was also a bit concerning. You get the sense he needs a strong cast of supporting characters behind the scenes to really thrive - which we famously do not have.

I don’t know. I was excited when I initially saw it thinking about the football MK played. But thinking about it more, I worry whether A) it will be a continuation of the same pretty but ultimately ineffective football and B) he is the coach to lead us out of a relegation scrap.

That all said, he will obviously have my full support. Manning’s Yellow Army!

I think in 18 months time we will either be glad we got him or he will be sacked

Edit: but I think he is a shrewd appointment personally

Last edited:
Yeah, Appleton was a stunning appointment in a bad way his record was abysmal! I think Cambridge forced him to bring his plans forward. I e those players were never going to play how he wanted them to, and we had an efficient board to make the changes.

With Manning it's very much unknown, with MAPP he started on minus due to his previous. Manning comes in at zero as for me, this season totally cancelled his moderate success of last season.

Welcome Liam. Wouldn’t have been the obvious first choice for many but I’ve heard the players are buzzing with his appointment. Fingers crossed for a good reaction today. 🤞

Wouldn’t have been my first choice but what do I know - I hope he goes on to become OUFC’s most successful manager of all time (or at least just gets us promoted)

At least he can’t disappoint like any failure by Appleton would have…

What I will say Liam is ignore those on here saying you will have absolutely zero fault or blame if we get relegated, it’s not a free hit, you’re in charge now, keep us up!

Incredibly naive and risky decision to appoint Manning, made by people with clearly very little understanding. It’s no surprise the stadium debacle has happened when you’ve got such incompetence controlling the club.
Says the expert!

What experience have you got in running a club, financing a club and attempt to build a stadium?

At least he’s finally been announced and we can move on from the KR reign.
Not my first choice by any means but it’s not my decision and hopefully the club and board have made the best of the situation.
Good luck Liam let’s hit the ground running.

Back
Top Bottom