Ex-Staff Liam Manning

Getting rid of the dead wood that KR accumulated won't be easy either. Several overpaid, over the hill or just disinterested players that will interest very few other clubs. Let's hope KR gets another job quickly and he takes some off our hands!!
The money it will take to pay off some of them will be criminal. We’re paying Josh Murphy over £300,000 per year and he won’t write the second year of that salary off for less than 75% of the remaining value. Most likely more in his case as he doesn’t seem to care about playing so could be quite happy to just sit and collect. He might want the entire lot.

Hopefully Baldock can be retired but we’re still going to be stuck with the likes of Bodin, Yanic and Henry, whose body appears to have started giving up on him going back to last season, let alone this one. And those are merely the players who are aged 31+ with various injury issues. We haven’t even looked at players of a good age who simply aren’t good enough but are being paid a small fortune.

It could legitimately cost the best part of a million pounds to shift 4/5 players.

The money it will take to pay off some of them will be criminal. We’re paying Josh Murphy over £300,000 per year and he won’t write the second year of that salary off for less than 75% of the remaining value. Most likely more in his case as he doesn’t seem to care about playing so could be quite happy to just sit and collect. He might want the entire lot.

Hopefully Baldock can be retired but we’re still going to be stuck with the likes of Bodin, Yanic and Henry, whose body appears to have started giving up on him going back to last season, let alone this one. And those are merely the players who are aged 31+ with various injury issues. We haven’t even looked at players of a good age who simply aren’t good enough but are being paid a small fortune.

It could legitimately cost the best part of a million pounds to shift 4/5 players.
I know Ryan, frightening tbh.
It's what I was alluding to without going into detail!!

Good content from the club. Body language of Wildschut and Murphy doesn’t look great. Suspect many are thinking of themselves and where they now stand with Manning.

Manning made the point of development - have to wonder the appetite of those close to KR and where they are in their career if they see themselves as part of a Manning team.

I thought filling the KR gap in term of personality might be an issue, but Manning seems assertive and clear in himself. Am encouraged he comes across as knowing what needs to be done to turn this around.

Fingers crossed!

1 word for Manning, 5 for Robinson.

So much easier for everyone bar Karl.

Good content from the club. Body language of Wildschut and Murphy doesn’t look great. Suspect many are thinking of themselves and where they now stand with Manning.

Manning made the point of development - have to wonder the appetite of those close to KR and where they are in their career if they see themselves as part of a Manning team.

I thought filling the KR gap in term of personality might be an issue, but Manning seems assertive and clear in himself. Am encouraged he comes across as knowing what needs to be done to turn this around.

Fingers crossed!
Wildschut didnt shake his hand either, oops!

Fingers crossed!

Indeed. Talk about first impressions. Bet he thought he was back to managing under 16s.

We're in a scrap, and it'll filter the men from the boys. Saturday's team selection is going to be really interesting.

Don’t forget the payoff for Robinson has to be added

I think Yanic could come good. I think the seriousness of the injury he is coming back from should be factored in to where is he at right now. I think compared to Murphy, he has shown a lot more effort and glimpses of what he can do.

I think Yanic could come good. I think the seriousness of the injury he is coming back from should be factored in to where is he at right now. I think compared to Murphy, he has shown a lot more effort and glimpses of what he can do.
I agree
I thought at first he was a poor signing but he has grown on me ,he put in some really good crosses on Saturday,shame it was young Tyler who was on the end of them,if we had a decent centre forward or even thrown Brown up there those would have been decent.
I liked the look of him as a centre forward v Ipswich, but I think he needs a good run of games to get the best out of him

I agree
I thought at first he was a poor signing but he has grown on me ,he put in some really good crosses on Saturday,shame it was young Tyler who was on the end of them,if we had a decent centre forward or even thrown Brown up there those would have been decent.
I liked the look of him as a centre forward v Ipswich, but I think he needs a good run of games to get the best out of him
Yanic is OK but to me he's a squad player rather than a first choice, along with many of our players.

Fingers crossed!

Interesting how we see things differently, I thought Wildshut looked more attentive than quite a few of the others!

Agree about Murphy, poor body language, noticed he had a pad of some sort on one of his calf muscles?

In general though too much slouching, sit up straight!

Back
Top Bottom