Ex-Staff Liam Manning

Just watched the first players meeting and I'm scared (apprehensive of expectations of me) and I'm not even playing😅- extremely business like woah!

What this Forum needs right now, more than anything else, is a discussion meshing together Manning's attempt to prevent relegation and the complexities of Brexit.

I've got a superb Northern Ireland protocal/Ciaron Brown long-throw analogy just waiting to be deployed.

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT. :)

• React
Reactions: MJB
Sounds promising:

From the article,

Liam is the Head Coach and it’s a very exciting proposition,” Grant said. “It was a very extensive process over 10 days before we got there. Names started flying off the shelves as soon as Karl left and we had something like 150 applications which we sorted through and replied to all of them. They came from all corners of the world and we went through every one of them because you never know - there could be diamonds in the rough.

“That filtered down to a long list of credible candidates and we did very detailed due diligence on them and then got down to a shorter list of people we wanted to interview.

“We looked at who was the best fit for the club and the right chemistry for the existing people here and interviewed ten people at that stage. Then the short list was four people and we held second interviews with them. At the end of the process I think we have ended up with an exceptional young man

I‘d love to know who applied, who was interviewed, and who made the final short list. I guess we’ll never know.

I think the bit about “the right chemistry for the existing people here“ is interesting, that might have ruled out one or two from the CEO’s point of view.

From the article,

Liam is the Head Coach and it’s a very exciting proposition,” Grant said. “It was a very extensive process over 10 days before we got there. Names started flying off the shelves as soon as Karl left and we had something like 150 applications which we sorted through and replied to all of them. They came from all corners of the world and we went through every one of them because you never know - there could be diamonds in the rough.

“That filtered down to a long list of credible candidates and we did very detailed due diligence on them and then got down to a shorter list of people we wanted to interview.

“We looked at who was the best fit for the club and the right chemistry for the existing people here and interviewed ten people at that stage. Then the short list was four people and we held second interviews with them. At the end of the process I think we have ended up with an exceptional young man

I‘d love to know who applied, who was interviewed, and who made the final short list. I guess we’ll never know.

I think the bit about “the right chemistry for the existing people here“ is interesting, that might have ruled out one or two from the CEO’s point of view.
Well Kim Jong-un might not be everybody's cup of tea !😂

From the article,

You can't really fault the recruitment process, that's exactly what I would expect of a professional club.
With all the pelters you have to give the board some credit here (unless LM takes us to non-league of course).

From the article,

I.e are you willing to work with the existing staff as we sure as hell aren't paying them off!

Excellent content from the club today.

I’ve been critical about the fan engagement of late, but this is spot on. More of this please.
Absolutely agree, our iFollow content is very poor, throw in some of this more often and you'd instantly garner more interest

Absolutely agree, our iFollow content is very poor, throw in some of this more often and you'd instantly garner more interest
Also: will be suggesting 15 minute meetings with my boss tomorrow. Will see how that goes!

A good start.
What we have to hope for first is the new manager bounce, just to keep us up. It's not going to be easy, in fact quite the opposite!!
If he achieves that then he can put his own stamp on the club.
Getting rid of the dead wood that KR accumulated won't be easy either. Several overpaid, over the hill or just disinterested players that will interest very few other clubs. Let's hope KR gets another job quickly and he takes some off our hands!!

Back
Top Bottom