League Two League 2 final day

They have an obligation to compete in every game and not to favour any team by fielding a weakened side. Can’t read the league regs on my phone, maybe someone will find the relevant section

Fixtures​

24 Requirement to Play Full Strength Sides in League Matches
24.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.
Guidance
From the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a League game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the League game before.

Fixtures​

24 Requirement to Play Full Strength Sides in League Matches
24.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.
Guidance
From the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a League game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the League game before.
I guess their get-out would be if they’d fielded a similar side in the previous game. ‘Full strength’ is a bit subjective given how bad their first team has been, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a legal case.

Hartlepool couldn’t go up or down though, it was a dead rubber.

It may well of been a dead rubber, but my point is, that it wasn’t just for today. As they did it before, and as werthers said, there first team has been poor. Why not give the kids a chance. So Scunthorpe haven’t done it as a one off

Northampton football club have a chance to go up via the playoffs, and if they are good enough they will win them.

It may well of been a dead rubber, but my point is, that it wasn’t just for today. As they did it before, and as werthers said, there first team has been poor. Why not give the kids a chance. So Scunthorpe haven’t done it as a one off

Northampton football club have a chance to go up via the playoffs, and if they are good enough they will win them.

You wouldn’t be saying that if it was Oxford in Northamptons position.

I don’t doubt that Scunthorpe’s first team would have lost. They’ve won four league matches all season and would have pretty much rolled over today as well.

However when you throw in six players all with less than 10 matches each to their name, it narrows the odds somewhat in Bristol Rovers favour. It’s fine in dead rubbers or even in matches where a colossal swing in goals is needed (Doncaster needed to win by a rugby score to survive in our final match) but I’m a little more dubious about it when it has an improbable but possible outcome on it.

People need to remember that Scunthorpe are a relegated side who had lost plenty of other games with their ‘first’ teamers all playing. Who’s to say that after their previous abject loss the manager hadn’t threatened them that he’d play the kids unless they sorted their attitude out? Maybe the first team went out on the P**s and were late for training? A club should be allowed to play their youth team if they think it gives them a better chance of winning the game

People need to remember that Scunthorpe are a relegated side who had lost plenty of other games with their ‘first’ teamers all playing. Who’s to say that after their previous abject loss the manager hadn’t threatened them that he’d play the kids unless they sorted their attitude out? Maybe the first team went out on the P**s and were late for training? A club should be allowed to play their youth team if they think it gives them a better chance of winning the game
Yes that’s certainly true, as ‘strongest side’ Is open to interpretation. But you aren’t allowed to P**s about in a crucial promotion game. I’m sure Keith Hill didn’t set out to lose 7-0, hes a good experienced manager.

But they lost , 0-7 , to decide who gets automatically promoted.
That shouldn't happen to field such a weak side in a vital match. Dead rubber fine but I'd be fuming if that was us .

Bristol were in great form going into the last day, i am sure nobody gave even a courteous glance or a moments thought when it was 2-0 at Half time.

Also keep in mind that Northampton still had their destiny in their own hands where another goal or 2 for them and / or not conceding and indeed by all accounts the Barrow keeper made some decent saves.

They would have been fully aware of events in Bristol yet apparently as a poster mentioned earlier, they adopted a more conservative approach for several minutes, yes most clubs would do the same so they've been unfortunate but to suggest all sorts of conspiracy theories is just daft.

As we know only too well from the F A Cup game once a side builds momentum anything can happen and that side was Bristol.

They fielded a weak team against Hartlepool as well. So it’s not like it was just for today.

Yes the poster above is right, they can develop there side, and play kids as it’s there duty to do so.

I don’t see the problem.

Im pretty sure you would if that was us in Northamptons position and it was Swindon in Scunthorpes position.

Yes that’s certainly true, as ‘strongest side’ Is open to interpretation. But you aren’t allowed to P**s about in a crucial promotion game. I’m sure Keith Hill didn’t set out to lose 7-0, hes a good experienced manager.
You could add in another element into it too - betting patterns. They would be interesting to see from around 16:00 yesterday. I know I've got my tin hat on bit something doesn't seem quite right.

I would absolutely livid if we were in Northampton's position.

You could add in another element into it too - betting patterns. They would be interesting to see from around 16:00 yesterday. I know I've got my tin hat on bit something doesn't seem quite right.

I would absolutely livid if we were in Northampton's position.

Northampton should of beaten Scunthorpe themselves, and then yesterday would of been irrelevant. They took there foot off the GAS yesterday, and only have themselves to blame.

You reap what you sow. Like I said if NTFC are any good they will win the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom