Conference 13/05/23 - National League final: Chesterfield v Notts County

Notts county deserved to go up after the season they had. I don’t think they will struggle in next league either.
Jodi Jones played well but certainly wouldn’t say he is league 1 standard.

Notts county deserved to go up after the season they had. I don’t think they will struggle in next league either.
Jodi Jones played well but certainly wouldn’t say he is league 1 standard.
didnt make it easy in the shoot out though ... congrats County. Proper football club.

The Radio Notts guys were so excited when the winner went in they unplugged something and went silent!

Apparently Nottingham is statistically interesting for some reason. No idea what, though. Chesterfield has a bent spire and their forum reacted far too excitedly when a few seasons ago I (in traditional early-season jocularity) referred to their first match (at Gr**oble Road) as their cup final. Fuck Chesterfield and all their settees.

Fair play to Notts county they deserved to get promoted after 46 games they scrapped through the play offs tho (2-0 down against BW in the semi's 2-1 down today in extra time)

Bostock what the hell! Score and you are the hero and Notts are thru. So he tries a panenka and screws it up. Thank god his team mate did a proper job.
Put your foot thru it and bust the f*****g net.
Welcome back Notts County, well deserved.

Attendance. 38138. Vast amount from Notts County, possible lower attendance due to train drivers strike. When we played York City. In our playoff final 2010 the attendance was. 42669 of which 33500 were from Oxford,

Apparently Nottingham is statistically interesting for some reason. No idea what, though. Chesterfield has a bent spire and their forum reacted far too excitedly when a few seasons ago I (in traditional early-season jocularity) referred to their first match (at Gr**oble Road) as their cup final. Fuck Chesterfield and all their settees.
When I was choosing unis 35 years ago the rumour was that Nottingham had a statistically significant excess female population, so was the place to go to pull.

I chose Manchester instead, and had a few barren years. I have only myself to blame.

When I was choosing unis 35 years ago the rumour was that Nottingham had a statistically significant excess female population, so was the place to go to pull.

I chose Manchester instead, and had a few barren years. I have only myself to blame.
Yes, I remember hearing that same rumour at the time (but chose elsewhere)

I would have thought, now you've spent some years in the country that produced sheilas like Margot Robbie, that you've made peace with the loss of Nottingham as a potential pulling destination.

Went to uni down the road and can confirm after numerous nights out in many Nottingham institutions that there is (or was, back then) an excess of women in comparison to men.

However, what the comparison didn't take into account was the predominance of perma-tanned, banshee wailing, vomiting in taxis, up for a scrap, carrying a couple of pounds too much for that outfit women...once they were taken out of the equation (usually in a police van) then the status quo was more than aligned.

Back
Top Bottom