National News Labour Leadership battle

As expected SIR Keir Starmer is the new Labour Leader
how long before the right wing red tops start the 'blood on his hands' type smearing of Starmer, after digging into his past as head of DPP ? ? :oops::rolleyes:

off to a brilliant start, Starmer shaking hands & embracing his supporters.... so much for the social distancing we're being instructed to practice! :confused::(:mad:

Last edited:
Good riddance - what a dreadful five years that was. Things can only get better, ironically!

how long before the right wing red tops start the 'blood on his hands' type smearing of Starmer, after digging into his past as head of DPP ? ? :oops::rolleyes:

off to a brilliant start, Starmer shaking hands & embracing his supporters.... so much for the social distancing we're being instructed to practice! :confused::(:mad:
I can only find a clip of his acceptance speach from his home (presumably). Have you got the clip of him shaking hands etc.

I can only find a clip of his acceptance speach from his home (presumably). Have you got the clip of him shaking hands etc.
I'll see if I can find it ... that said, it couldve have been archive footage ( retaining his seat at the GE), linked to the labour leadership vote result announcement, as a celebration by archive? ?

I'll see if I can find it ... that said, it couldve have been archive footage ( retaining his seat at the GE), linked to the labour leadership vote result announcement, as a celebration by archive? ?
I can see it now at the next election Starmer saying “ get me into power and we will rejoin the Eu “ just hope when this pandemic is over and we get brexit done it will be enshrined in law that we can’t rejoin. I could never understand why Corbyn made him the shadow Brexit Secretary when he wanted to remain? But then again I could never understand Corbyn.

Good that Starmer is leader. Hopefully he culls some of the shadow cabinet and promotes competent ones like Yvette Cooper in their place.

Good that Starmer is leader. Hopefully he culls some of the shadow cabinet and promotes competent ones like Yvette Cooper in their place.
Hope there is a place for Lisa Nandy. She does actually 'get' what the British people want and of all the candidates recognised the need for change more.

• React
Reactions: m
Good riddance - what a dreadful five years that was. Things can only get better, ironically!
Was it really only five years? In that time he managed to lose two general elections, a European election and pick the wrong side in a referendum despite spending decades campaigning against the EU. Given what a shambles the tories have been in at least some of that time that takes some doing. What a w****r, worst thing is he will believe he did nothing wrong.

If long Bailey had won it would have been the end of the labour party,

Was it really only five years? In that time he managed to lose two general elections, a European election and pick the wrong side in a referendum despite spending decades campaigning against the EU. Given what a shambles the tories have been in at least some of that time that takes some doing. What a w****r, worst thing is he will believe he did nothing wrong.

If long Bailey had won it would have been the end of the labour party,

Gaining a majority for moderates in the NEC was unprecedented but vital too. I feel like I might be gaining a home again (somewhat ironically in days such as these).

Before you get all weepy, your tent is still in the garage. Can I burn it now?

Would you? Please don’t go inside though. I’m not proud of what went on in there and I promise to learn from my mistakes.

Tracy Emin wannabee! You scamp, there are only 3 names and one of them's Lesley Ash.

• React
Reactions: MJB
In Starmer's shadow cabinet Ashworth ( Shadow heath sec for some years now) retains his place, Nandy has been given shadow foreign sec , Oxford East MP Analeise Dodds has been elevated from junior treasury minister to shadow chancellor.

Back
Top Bottom