Labour Split

Who’s the horse though?
Margaret Beckett has the teeth of a horse....

Just kidding. It's two horses really - one of Labour's Trot past, and the second of "anti-Semitism". Quite who thought it was a good idea, I don't know, especially as I don't see what Hatton can bring other than hardening divides.

It’ll be interesting over the next few months. Maybe two leaderships challenges before an election and Vince Cable making way for a new middle party

And he's staying as an Independent MP and not joining the People's Front of Judea. I wonder how many from both sides will do that?

In principle, I'm instinctively positive about this Labour/Tory rebellion to reclaim a bit of the centre ground of British politics that has been vacated by the two major parties in the last several years. More independent thinking in parliament = more debate = better policy.

But in practice, we've been here before and it never seems to have fundamentally changed the face of British politics.
Post-war, there has always seemed to be a glass ceiling of non-Labour/Tory MPs because the majority of voters only ever seem willing to tick the red or the blue box, regardless of how incompetent both parties are acting.

And yes, the other solution would be PR but we had the opportunity to move in that direction under the Con-Lib Dem coalition and flatly rejected it.

I'm starting to think that the British voters get the government they deserve...…..

To be completely fair, when Reckless and Carswell joined UKIP from the Tories, both re-stood for election in their constituencies.

Back
Top Bottom