Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question for KR would be - “How many players from last seasons squad who are here have you coached to be better or improved tactically this season”

For me.. McGuane is the only one to shown a great improvement.

Eastwood, Long, Moore, Seddon, Gorrin, Brannagan, Henry, Bodin, Taylor, Browne, Baldock..

None of them have improved.
Well Gorrin and Baldock might have we haven’t seen them for 90 minutes in a league game yet 😀

Sorry don’t want to give a negative vibe on what you said but if we performed like we did Tuesday night most of the season I’m sorry but there would be some fans who would bother returning.
Ah well they’re not true fans then, they’d be better off at Disney World

Yes maybe but surely you’ve seen that before.
Bad enough when you see idiots walking round Oxford in the mature utd/city Chelsea/ Liverpool shirts probably not seeing a seasons worth of football live at their real clubs, but they still rather watch premiershit over their local club

We haven't got 6k true fans let alone 15k to fill the nice new shiny 18k stadium so let's hope the owners don't have the same stance as you otherwise that stadium will be the biggest white elephant in Oxfordshire.

We were on a roll last season with attendances rocketing and the feel good factor being high (even after we missed out on the play offs), but because of a lazy summer by all concerned at the club we are being served up dross every home game.

Wether you like it we need the occasional supporters as well as yourself a true fan!

Just out of interest, why would you exclude Mous from this?

People who want Robinson to go often say that Craig Short and Wayne Brown must also go as they've been equally responsible for getting us into this position.

So why do so many then want Mous, even if only as in interim manager? Is he not just as responsible as the other coaching staff? Is he any different than Leon Blackmore-Such when people talk about jobs for the boys?

If Robinson had taken personal responsibility for improving our defending at set pieces as well as scoring from them, I think many would be highly critical of our performance in these areas. We have recently seen a little improvement but not enough to justify 2 years of specific coaching.

I like Mous, and don't want to be overly critical of an individual when the whole structure feels a mess. But I just think that if a change happens then we need to use that to have a shake up throughtout the backroom staff and I don't think Mous is excluded from that process.
That’s a fair question. I think it’s less being pro-Mous and more being anti- the rest. Our recent record with Short as assistant manager has been far from great, although being KR’s assistant is probably quite a thankless task as far as him listening to advice. The standard of goalkeeping seems to have declined which begs the question about the standard of coaching and I have no idea whatsoever about L B-S’s credentials?

I can only judge on what I see and happen to think the way Mous has had to stand up to being relied upon more than he should have been this season, on top of his PFA work, is impressive.

Interestingly the following comment by Chuckbert is the second time a supporter of KR has picked up on his ‘scouse accent’. I have absolutely no problem where our manager originates and find it quite desperate and insulting that that is what they’re grasping to as a reason people want him gone?! I’ve not heard many people who want KR out mention his accent. I think most people have been totally fair with their criticism of him and find it strange that it is his supporters who have a fixation about it.

Also, I think we need to be careful when looking at attendance figures in isolation to evidence fans staying away because of Robinson/standard of play.

Tuesday was recorded as 6286, the last time we played Fleetwood was also on a Tuesday night in November and we had 5808 that night.

So on paper, just under 500 more this year despite the poor form, cost of living issues etc. Of course, both are the recorded attendance and include non-attending season ticket holders, but that has always been the case. Also, our average attendance is up on this time last season where it only increased from January when we had a number of the bigger games along with the dot counting promotional work by some on here!

I'm not saying that everything is perfect, it's along way from that. But equally it's too early to say that people are leaving in droves and certainly no where near the point where a loss of revenue will force the board to act quicker than they would otherwise do.
I know of a fair few new season ticket holders, along with kids and grandkids.
Who took up because of the standard of football last season.
These kids are the future of the club,
My kids saw us fall from the division 1 to division 2, and we’re gone for good before we reached the conference.

We haven't got 6k true fans let alone 15k to fill the nice new shiny 18k stadium so let's hope the owners don't have the same stance as you otherwise that stadium will be the biggest white elephant in Oxfordshire.

We were on a roll last season with attendances rocketing and the feel good factor being high (even after we missed out on the play offs), but because of a lazy summer by all concerned at the club we are being served up dross every home game.

Wether you like it we need the occasional supporters as well as yourself a true fan!
I'm just joking, I've said frequently that I go to most home games but live nearby so can't claim I make a big effort

I know of a fair few new season ticket holders, along with kids and grandkids.

My sons first season ticket this season and like you said on the back of last seasons performances, atmosphere and buzz around the place. Its gone from can we go to every game to do we have to go within a few home games this season.

Why are you targeting @Scotchegg?
He's been perfectly reasonable lately and has been saying that things aren't looking good under KR, who in many ways is his own worst enemy
I went through the same process as I was previously a defender of giving things a chance to work out
People often change their.minds when the facts change
Sorry, I should act like he does and not comment on anyones post? :ROFLMAO: Don't try to dictate please, it doesn't become you. It's the same as he does, slightly more light hearted

My sons first season ticket this season and like you said on the back of last seasons performances, atmosphere and buzz around the place. Its gone from can we go to every game to do we have to go within a few home games this season.
My son isn't at that level yet but he does find it boring this is his second season as a ST holder

Just out of interest, why would you exclude Mous from this?

People who want Robinson to go often say that Craig Short and Wayne Brown must also go as they've been equally responsible for getting us into this position.

So why do so many then want Mous, even if only as in interim manager? Is he not just as responsible as the other coaching staff? Is he any different than Leon Blackmore-Such when people talk about jobs for the boys?

If Robinson had taken personal responsibility for improving our defending at set pieces as well as scoring from them, I think many would be highly critical of our performance in these areas. We have recently seen a little improvement but not enough to justify 2 years of specific coaching.

I like Mous, and don't want to be overly critical of an individual when the whole structure feels a mess. But I just think that if a change happens then we need to use that to have a shake up throughtout the backroom staff and I don't think Mous is excluded from that process.
Fair play to you for recognising this Egg, but when myself and a couple of others were arguing this on the summer transfer thread we got talked down to and were told to shut up and remember how well Karl has done here.

The whole structure IS a mess and the number of fans who don't realise this are diminishing by the day. When will the decision be made to remove KR before it all turns completely toxic?

A question for KR would be - “How many players from last seasons squad who are here have you coached to be better or improved tactically this season”

For me.. McGuane is the only one to shown a great improvement.

Eastwood, Long, Moore, Seddon, Gorrin, Brannagan, Henry, Bodin, Taylor, Browne, Baldock..

None of them have improved.

McGuane is an interesting one.

It’s without question that he’s started this season better than what he produced throughout last season, albeit the bar was pretty low to start with.

That said, I’d still argue that we aren’t seeing the best of McGuane because the manager has had to shoe horn him into that deep lying position.

Why has he had to go into that position? Because the manager failed to recruit adequately for a genuine holding midfielder.

I remain convinced that we’ll see the best of McGuane once we have someone doing the job he is doing now, while he is in a more advanced position and in an area of the pitch that he can hurt the opposition.

Currently, he looks a million dollars but is rarely put under and concerted pressure by the opposing team.

McGuane is an interesting one.

It’s without question that he’s started this season better than what he produced throughout last season, albeit the bar was pretty low to start with.

That said, I’d still argue that we aren’t seeing the best of McGuane because the manager has had to shoe horn him into that deep lying position.

Why has he had to go into that position? Because the manager failed to recruit adequately for a genuine holding midfielder.

I remain convinced that we’ll see the best of McGuane once we have someone doing the job he is doing now, while he is in a more advanced position and in an area of the pitch that he can hurt the opposition.

Currently, he looks a million dollars but is rarely put under and concerted pressure by the opposing team.

Agree 100%.

Feel like this fully fit durable version of McGuane could be the best number 8 in the league.

Just need to recruit a top quality CDM & I don’t think there’s a midfield 3 as high in quality as CDM, McGuane, Brannagan at this level age wise.

The whole structure IS a mess and the number of fans who don't realise this are diminishing by the day. When will the decision be made to remove KR before it all turns completely toxic?
But if the structure is wrong, it is the structure that needs to be addressed, which is what I would expect TW and/or the board to be undertaking as their first priority.

Replacing the manager without fixing the fundamental problem is not going to solve or improve anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom