Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, Ryan, this is over the top. KR has always been a loose cannon on the touch line, not just this week. So I’d ease back on the behavioral analysis
a bit.

I wouldn’t be having a pop at the management either; he’s in the middle of an ‘improve or else’ series of matches and to date there have been some signs of improvement.

IMO this key period ends with the Woking game.
The faux outrage doesn’t suit you, Tim.

Other people have been far more critical than me, and made far more personal accusations than anything I have remotely hinted at, and you haven’t felt the need to step in and attempt to call them out.

Play the ball.

Could @OUSP Secretary ask the football club why ‘Karl Out’ banners are banned at home games?

Fans should be allowed to exercise there opinions via banners or voice. After all we are the heartbeat of the football club. It’s our hard earned cash that we put into the club season upon season. Surely we should be allowed a voice, rather than be told to it’s not permitted.

Otherwise fans will do it’s talking with there feet, and stop attending games. That could impact the club in the long term as well as short term.

The faux outrage doesn’t suit you, Tim.

Other people have been far more critical than me, and made far more personal accusations than anything I have remotely hinted at, and you haven’t felt the need to step in and attempt to call them out.

Play the ball.
Nothing faux. You’re an influential respected poster . The others tend to be washerwomen.

Asking this forum to desist from gossip or speculation about personal lives clearly makes complete sense but I’ve never heard of a club contacting supporters to discourage them from protesting at games, never. If fans want to show or voice their protest at the current situation at games, surely they can do that providing it’s not contrary to the law and / or ground regs. It’s probably best not to announce their intention to protest on a public fans forum, or anywhere else for that matter though..

Fans should be allowed to exercise there opinions via banners or voice. After all we are the heartbeat of the football club. It’s our hard earned cash that we put into the club season upon season. Surely we should be allowed a voice, rather than be told to it’s not permitted.

Otherwise fans will do it’s talking with there feet, and stop attending games. That could impact the club in the long term as well as short term.
Banners can be taken to any match as long as they meet the safety guidelines I posted elsewhere. That is:
Your flag/banner must be:
Less than 2m x 1 m
Not contain anything of an offensive nature
Flag poles must be less than 1m, made of wood or plastic and NOT telescopic

Anything larger is allowed if it has a fire safety certificate and the prior permission of the club’s safety officer.

I spoke to the club on Monday to lodge concern over rumours of flags being disallowed. I'm told this applied to a bedsheet size one that contravened fire regs.

There is no move to ban regulation standard flags, regardless of the message as long as it is not offensive.

Asking this forum to desist from gossip or speculation about personal lives clearly makes complete sense but I’ve never heard of a club contacting supporters to discourage them from protesting at games, never. If fans want to show or voice their protest at the current situation at games, surely they can do that providing it’s not contrary to the law and / or ground regs. It’s probably best not to announce their intention to protest on a public fans forum, or anywhere else for that matter though..

The warning re flags was a pretty clear warning that the club could enforce their ground rules and regulations if they wanted to. I.e no “anti” flags/ banners / bedsheets.

As it happened at the back of the East Stand the latest group of flag wavers were not stopped from their oversize waving flags on telescopic poles.

Banners can be taken to any match as long as they meet the safety guidelines I posted elsewhere. That is:
Your flag/banner must be:
Less than 2m x 1 m
Not contain anything of an offensive nature
Flag poles must be less than 1m, made of wood or plastic and NOT telescopic

Anything larger is allowed if it has a fire safety certificate and the prior permission of the club’s safety officer.

I spoke to the club on Monday to lodge concern over rumours of flags being disallowed. I'm told this applied to a bedsheet size one that contravened fire regs.

There is no move to ban regulation standard flags, regardless of the message as long as it is not offensive.
Tbh most clubs would try to discourage large flags or banners protesting against the manager

The warning re flags was a pretty clear warning that the club could enforce their ground rules and regulations if they wanted to. I.e no “anti” flags/ banners / bedsheets.

As it happened at the back of the East Stand the latest group of flag wavers were not stopped from their oversize waving flags on telescopic poles.
The info was aiming to share safety and fire regs. to assist anyone thinking of taking a home made flag.
The large ones last Saturday have been around all season, are professionally manufactured and have the necessary relevant safety certification and permissions.

The info was aiming to share safety and fire regs. to assist anyone thinking of taking a home made flag.
The large ones last Saturday have been around all season, are professionally manufactured and have the necessary relevant safety certification and permissions.

Maybe so , but still smells of a pre-emptive strike against “anti” banners rather than any safety reason.

Perhaps our current flag wavers could tell us if their flags had been pre-approved ?

Sorry guys, just had to vent somewhere! 🙂

Not that the players or management read YF but if they did it would be clear to them that there is an extreme disparity between the club, it’s management and fans over Karl and the performances to date.
Many of the Players and staff rally to his defence which is a good thing and recent games have shown fight but I do wonder if some players find this current situation as one of ‘them’ against us?
I truly hope not, because, by and large, the fan base has kept itself from all out dissent on the terraces.
Only on here is there open and full on criticism, most of which is directed at KR.
I understand that too.
In fact I totally get why we feel this way. You cannot feel any other way when you cast your mind back and see where we have come from since the arrival of Appleton.
Out with the shite and in with dynamic blitzkrieg football. High tempo excitement that led to promotion.
With a blip over Clotet, we returned to more boom boom football under Karl for a few seasons and it was great to watch. Pace. With attack minded players drafted in and we flew.
All those shitty seasons where we flatlined in obscurity had been blown away.
We heavy petted with another promotion. Flair encouraged to shine in a breezeblock temple.
New owners then came along and offered us a dream of a future filled with better days. In a stadium we could finally be proud to call our own. Their Ambition knitted neatly into our patent success on the field…And then at the tail end of last season, the wheels fell off.
For whatever reason/s, Injury, Results and recruitment saw us lose our way. I think most of us expected Karl to fix the glaring, in yer face problems that blunted our momentum but he didn’t/couldn’t. Hasn’t!
The current players are by and large trying to fix it and are to be applauded for making a fist of it but the buck ultimately stops with Karl.
The thing is, No matter what we feel about him, we all want the best for our club. If he cannot recruit, inspire, instruct and organise our team to promotion, then it is clear that the club has to find someone who can.
Nothing personal. No name calling from me. He has given us some wonderful cup games and some thrilling matches along the way and I still forlornly hope that this team will discover it’s mojo and storm the rest of the season.
However, he let it all slip, just when we needed him to put the finishing touches to the plan.
It just hurts knowing we were so close.
Unless this squad find their feet and win the s**t out of this league, he’s a gonner!!

Sorry guys, just had to vent somewhere! 🙂

Not that the players or management read YF but if they did it would be clear to them that there is an extreme disparity between the club, it’s management and fans over Karl and the performances to date.
Oh but, they do read it. And they react as well. Never think for one moment that opinion on here is ignored or disparaged.

And then at the tail end of last season, the wheels fell off.

And I don't think all of the blame for this lies with Karl.

I said previously that it wasn't one or two transfers we missed out on during the summer. It was several, and the alarm bells should have been ringing loud enough to be heard across Asia whilst the board were finalising the takeover. Had Grant Ferguson and Tim Williams been in place in May then I don't think we'd have had the same issues. But they weren't and Karl had no option but to get involved in every step of player recruitment. I'm sure it was a role he relished but he should never have been left in that position when it was clear that the board had promotion aspirations for this season, and recruitment was stalling from day one.

It's easy to blame Robinson, and some of that blame is valid. But a top 30 club shouldn't go into the most crucial transfer window in years with one man responsible for all recruitment and contract discussions - no matter how much they want that role.

And this is why I believe the board are being more patient than many on here. I think they recognise that collectively they took their eye of the ball at a key moment and owe Karl a little more time to recover. Personally, I'm not sure that time is enough, and I think that a change of manager is inevitable. However, if the new man goes into the January window alone with no one overseeing recruitment then I fear that we'll come out of it with the same results.

Looking like the board are taking this shambles out on us supporters
I actually think they are just trying to protect one of their employees mental health with limiting the abuse they see.
They aren’t stopping fans bringing flags in that day KR out on that meet the various H&S regs they are just enforcing the ground regs.

With regards to them turning off their twitter reply’s I actually understood that with what was getting posted on twitter at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom