Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think that a few games under Mousinho (not Short), who is hugely respected and who the players know they can relax under, and with the fans rallying and getting behind them without any bad feelings or any distractions, is the best thing for the football club. Then the board can take their time, find the person they think is best suited to come in and start rebuilding, and everybody can look forward to a fresh start with a sense of unity.

Robinson is now too divisive and too big of a distraction. He will always be one defeat away from people wanting him out and he is too lacking in humility to calm things down. He already tried to be smug and needle people who criticised him post-Exeter, and then he loses the next two games to make himself look daft. That’s all that’s going to happen now. We win and he takes digs at the fans; we lose and the pendulum swings back at him. And all the while, the football club is in the middle getting smashed about.

It has got to stop.

Yep. Arrogant tosspot.

Are you sure you hope to be proved wrong Charlie? Not put a bet on us to go down this season then?
Ha ha, no I haven't you cheeky sod. I had us down as lower midtable and think I still do.
Going down would be an unmitigated disaster for the club and would jeopardise everything, including the move to WE which Scotchers and Co fought so long and hard against, such is their devotion to lower league football at the Kassam.
Can't quite see relegation as likely, though. Seem to be some teams this year who are going to struggle to get to 40.

Are you sure you hope to be proved wrong Charlie? Not put a bet on us to go down this season then?
To be fair I bet on Peterborough today, not the result I wanted but what I expected.

I'd rather it was sunny and 25 degrees tomorrow but if you offered me over 2/1 on it raining I'd snap your hand off.

Wouldn’t be a bad bet to put on. Yet still got some who live in ‘cuckoo land’ who think we can actually challenge for the play offs 😭
You honestly think these owners would allow us to get relegated?!

You honestly think these owners would allow us to get relegated?!
How much of it is in their control at this point? No players can be signed until January and if we’re in the bottom four by then it limits the calibre of player who will sign for us, unless we overspend like crazy to attract them. Which then has implications on next season’s budget and how much we can spend. We might need to handicap ourselves for the next season or two for the sake of mere survival, in a season that was meant to be a full throttle promotion tilt.

There are so many more dominos in play than many people realise.

Ha ha, no I haven't you cheeky sod. I had us down as lower midtable and think I still do.
Going down would be an unmitigated disaster for the club and would jeopardise everything, including the move to WE which Scotchers and Co fought so long and hard against, such is their devotion to lower league football at the Kassam.
Can't quite see relegation as likely, though. Seem to be some teams this year who are going to struggle to get to 40.

If you're going to name check me then please get it right. I've never been against Water Eaton, I was against the unfunded, back of a fag packet plans being delivered by a future Netflix joker!

But that's for other threads.

Come on, this is mad, it's simply not in their interests to see us relegated, they need the exact opposite, let's not confuse the board showing a significant amount of patience with a lack of desire

If Karl takes us in to January and he gets it as wrong as this summer.

It’s not that mental of a thing.

Look at MK Dons. Play off semi finalists to 24th

How much of it is in their control at this point? No players can be signed until January and if we’re in the bottom four by then it limits the calibre of player who will sign for us, unless we overspend like crazy to attract them. Which then has implications on next season’s budget and how much we can spend. We might need to handicap ourselves for the next season or two for the sake of mere survival, in a season that was meant to be a full throttle promotion tilt.

There are so many more dominos in play than many people realise.
You and I both know that if things carry on much longer a new man will be found and money will be made available to start bringing players in during the next window to get us to where the owners want us to be.
I also think even with this current squad, a few more added to it then it is a squad that won’t get relegated.

You can never say never as far as relegation is concerned, and we're very clearly one of the worst teams based on the first quarter of the season.

But @Carpy17 is completely right. Patience is not the same as complacency and I've no doubt that the board will do everything they can to see significant improvements this season. That will include making funds available in January, and also to ensure that these finds are used wisely.

It's looking increasingly likely that these funds will be spent by someone other than Robinson, but either way it's inevitable that a far more professional structure will be in place for January to ensure we get more success with those targeted.

Writing off this season is one thing, starting next season in league two is a whole bigger issue!

Just give Darran Ferguson a war chest and tell him get us to the championship. Forget this season it’s over. Thanks Karl.

"shiny new plaything" - yes, very good description. They are all sitting just behind where you used to sit Charlie. Taking 'selfies' and laughing at half time when we had been crap in the first half. Reckon they could drop us like a stone if SB don't happen.

To be fair I bet on Peterborough today, not the result I wanted but what I expected.

I'd rather it was sunny and 25 degrees tomorrow but if you offered me over 2/1 on it raining I'd snap your hand off.

You and me both. 4 aways, Bolton, Plymouth, Pompey and Posh, £1 paid £29.40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom