Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with you Malc. I want KR to stay but he needs support and a DoF would really help. I may be living in a parallel world but I think we have a good team but as we know weak in a couple of areas. KR needs to focus totally on the playing side and demand the recruiting team get him the couple of quality players he knows we need in Jan. We know he’s just as frustrated as we are about the poor summer recruitment but it all seems to rest on his shoulders. This can’t be a one man band he needs support. That’s my view anyway.
I think its perfectly coherent to say that KR should stay whilst a DoF is a) recruited (at least 1 month) and b) gets his feet under the table (couple of weeks).
And if, during that month and a half, the team performs to 'par' (ie circa 1.8 points per match over a ) then it's not mad to think that a DoF might decide to keep him, for now, and re-assess in the spring.
However, since the DoF's first brief would be staying in L1, it would be eccentric of him to keep KR if team performance is tracking at less than 1.5 pts per match. Because that would mean we are still under real threat of relegation and KR was massively under-performing budget over a 12 month period. I seriously hope that the search for a DoF onis underway, and that KR is already on a 'performance review programme' by which he is given a clear understanding of what is acceptable over the next month or so.

I think the problem with this scenario of a dof working above KR as a coach is highly unlikely. I think KR would resent having the best bits of his current job taken away as a loss of face and standing. KR is a huge personality at the club and his unease would be unsettling. If it was ever going to work it would have needed to be at the time of his appointment.
So, we’re either sticking with KR carrying on as he is, or looking at a replacing him with a proper structured setup.

So now I'm going to come out of the closet.

To be honest I want KR to stay. Don't ask me why. Can't explain, just a gut feeling.
Yes there are better trainers out there, and maybe our new owners could financially entice one to replace KR. But if he stays I'm happy with that too.

BUT...

I really do think we need a DoF, just as much as we need left and right backs. That would help KR concentrate on the game alone.

(breathes sigh of relief)
Glad you’ve come out of the closet Malc, we’re all here to help
It’s a brave thing you’ve done, in the coming days be prepared for a backlash especially if we return from Exeter with null points 😀

We’ve had 10 clean sheets since the start of last season. That’s 46 games last season and 11 so far this season.

10 clean sheets in 57 league games.

We needed a new number one.
We needed 2 new full backs.
We needed a defensive midfielder.

Moore/Findlay COULD be a good partnership.
I think Moore/Brown would be better we haven’t really seen Brown in his preferred position

I think the problem with this scenario of a dof working above KR as a coach is highly unlikely. I think KR would resent having the best bits of his current job taken away as a loss of face and standing. KR is a huge personality at the club and his unease would be unsettling. If it was ever going to work it would have needed to be at the time of his appointment.
So, we’re either sticking with KR carrying on as he is, or looking at a replacing him with a proper structured setup.

Exactly this.

Fresh start for me, give a new system the best chance of success.

I have said it before but Robinson has almost become a cult and bigger than the club to some of our fans, to do that without a promotion under your belt is some achievement.

Robinson has actively fought against having a DoF for the last several years. He was willing to have his mate Steve Gallen in the role but when he wasn’t available or affordable he pulled up the drawbridge on the idea. That was in late 2018. Good luck getting him to agree to it now, especially when he’s already got a CEO based at the training ground who is now his boss and can monitor things daily.

The current structure (or lack of one) has been designed. Shaun Derry was a very big character and was subsequently replaced with what some could call far less ‘threatening’ individuals, while Derek Faz was carefully sidelined from being assistant manager to a mere coach and then moved into a “Football Advisor” role. Chris Allen was once deemed a future manager as coach under Appleton but was bumped down the pecking order before being completely removed from the first team setup, told to work with the U23s and then eventually jacked it in. The coaching staff is currently a local fella who is happy to have a nice commute (Short), a player/coach/PFA executive (Mousinho) and a bloke barely out of his twenties who used to coach the kids (LBS). The whole thing needs fixing.

And while people can say, “Well he’ll just have to get over it, won’t he?” they aren’t the ones forking out hundreds of thousands to pay him off (cheers, Tiger) in the event that it causes the working relationship to completely break down. The last thing the club needs right now is a manager having a standoff with his paymasters and effectively willing them to sack him. That won’t do the relegation battle much good.

Do we need a DoF / SD figure? Absolutely. Does the support staff need bolstering for good measure? Almost certainly. Is Robinson likely to encourage this? Highly doubtful. He designed the entire thing.

I don’t think you get a middle ground with him. You get the current setup or you need a fresh start with somebody else.

We need Steve Kinniburgh to do the interviews.

I think Jerome and Nathan are too close to the club in general to give them a hard time.Same having PRB on match days,he is great when things are going well but refuses to say what I’m sure he really thinks because he is employed by the club
I agree re. Jerome, but I think Nathan is decent at asking the hard questions. He even asked Karl about fans saying he's taken us as far as he can last weekend. The Kinnibrator would be fun though.

We’ve had 10 clean sheets since the start of last season. That’s 46 games last season and 11 so far this season.

Spot on

Eastie down there on the 'goals prevented' stats
1665649724239.jpeg

1665649681577.jpeg

Robinson has actively fought against having a DoF for the last several years. He was willing to have his mate Steve Gallen in the role but when he wasn’t available or affordable he pulled up the drawbridge on the idea. That was in late 2018. Good luck getting him to agree to it now, especially when he’s already got a CEO based at the training ground who is now his boss and can monitor things daily.

The current structure (or lack of one) has been designed. Shaun Derry was a very big character and was subsequently replaced with what some could call far less ‘threatening’ individuals, while Derek Faz was carefully sidelined from being assistant manager to a mere coach and then moved into a “Football Advisor” role. Chris Allen was once deemed a future manager as coach under Appleton but was bumped down the pecking order before being completely removed from the first team setup, told to work with the U23s and then eventually jacked it in. The coaching staff is currently a local fella who is happy to have a nice commute (Short), a player/coach/PFA executive (Mousinho) and a bloke barely out of his twenties who used to coach the kids (LBS). The whole thing needs fixing.

And while people can say, “Well he’ll just have to get over it, won’t he?” they aren’t the ones forking out hundreds of thousands to pay him off (cheers, Tiger) in the event that it causes the working relationship to completely break down. The last thing the club needs right now is a manager having a standoff with his paymasters and effectively willing them to sack him. That won’t do the relegation battle much good.

Do we need a DoF / SD figure? Absolutely. Does the support staff need bolstering for good measure? Almost certainly. Is Robinson likely to encourage this? Highly doubtful. He designed the entire thing.

I don’t think you get a middle ground with him. You get the current setup or you need a fresh start with somebody else.
This is pretty much it
That's why the CEO needs to talk to senior players and staff individually to hear their confidential thoughts on the state of things at the club at the moment

I totally agree with you Malc. I want KR to stay but he needs support and a DoF would really help. I may be living in a parallel world but I think we have a good team but as we know weak in a couple of areas. KR needs to focus totally on the playing side and demand the recruiting team get him the couple of quality players he knows we need in Jan. We know he’s just as frustrated as we are about the poor summer recruitment but it all seems to rest on his shoulders. This can’t be a one man band he needs support. That’s my view anyway.
The recruitment team should be sacked along with your messiah

I cannot believe I'm going to defend Kemp, but I am. That "defence" was put together by Denis Smith. Kemp actually added Rob Quinn and Andy Scott, Brentford's two star performers. Imagine that!

And yep. The brain donors society who are determined to believe, halfway through the season and goal difference above the relegation places, that we are still playoff candidates. You have to wonder what it would take. We are utterly s**t. Give me 16th right now .....

Robbo out.
I was doing the OUFC press releases at the time of those two signings. We were hanging around in the office at the Manor while Firoz negotiated with the agent. It nearly didn't happen as Kassam refused to pay the agent a fee. I think it was about 7.30pm when it was all sorted. As an unpaid volunteer I was a bit pissed off to be so late to my home 30 miles away.

The recruitment team should be sacked along with your messiah
The same recruitment team that has seen us with some real gems that we've later sold for decent Money Hmmmmm.

I recall saying some seasons back that with our model there will be a time when the conveyor belts comes to a temporary halt due to may factors,not least others fishing in the same waters.

Let's not forget we pretty much were ahead of many clubs with the areas we were fishing, so much so that many were still seeking a seat on the River Bank.

it's very easy to make throw away comments when things are not going so well but jumping on the back of the Recruitment team should not be one of them imho.

Yes, those two more or less single-handedly kept us afloat.

Back to Knight, we were pretty blessed with good GK’s in that 90’s era. Whitehead, Gerrard, Knight and who can forget
He wasn’t tall enough. We let in 100 goals the following season. Any player walking on that pitch in 2000/2001 filled me with dread.

I remember coming back from one game during that winter and ceremoniously burning my scarf in the garden in front of my bemused children.

The situation today is caviar compared to 2000/2001.

Bought our Exeter tickets yesterday and was pleasantly surprised that over 700 were already sold. I then thought after all that has/hasn't been said this week a complete 'out of the box' thought - is it because their is a chance to visit the lovely cathedral or.........

The same recruitment team that has seen us with some real gems that we've later sold for decent Money Hmmmmm.

I recall saying some seasons back that with our model there will be a time when the conveyor belts comes to a temporary halt due to may factors,not least others fishing in the same waters.

Let's not forget we pretty much were ahead of many clubs with the areas we were fishing, so much so that many were still seeking a seat on the River Bank.

it's very easy to make throw away comments when things are not going so well but jumping on the back of the Recruitment team should not be one of them imho.
So you’re happy with this seasons recruitment? Sack em end off.
Look at Notts forest back in the premiership after god knows how long look where they are look at how much spending they did and they’re now all sacked the owners obviously want success something I think our board want.

So you’re happy with this seasons recruitment? Sack em end off.
Look at Notts forest back in the premiership after god knows how long look where they are look at how much spending they did and they’re now all sacked the owners obviously want success something I think our board want.

Ok so going by that way of thinking Bazzer, the board should give Robinson a new contract because that’s what Forrest have done. Would you be happy with that? Sack the recruitment team but Robinson gets a new contract.

He wasn’t tall enough. We let in 100 goals the following season. Any player walking on that pitch in 2000/2001 filled me with dread.

I remember coming back from one game during that winter and ceremoniously burning my scarf in the garden in front of my bemused children.

The situation today is caviar compared to 2000/2001.
Richard Knight made loads of spectacular saves and was POTY I think but was then released and left the game. He let in 100 goals and had the chance to look good because our defence was so bad!

Ok so going by that way of thinking Bazzer, the board should give Robinson a new contract because that’s what Forrest have done. Would you be happy with that? Sack the recruitment team but Robinson gets a new contract.
He will go maybe it’s the pay off they’re not happy with, but we have a powerful board with lots of financial clout who could get rid of KR and the recruitment team and have replacements in before January to assess where and what we need in tone for the January window.
But Forest have started where with their sackings but next will be cooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom