Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would I be wrong to accuse all those that have plenty to say about KR on here as being nothing but bottlers and keyboard warriors in rejecting the opportunity to tell him exactly what you think to his face ? No need to be rude to him but I don’t think it takes too much balls to tell him straight what you say about him. He’s the one showing more B*****s by inviting his critics to air their views face to face.
The issue I have is it shouldn't take fans marching down to the training ground to make our views known.

I am a Director at a large company and I assess my management staff on 3 things. Results, recruitment/retention and performance of their individuals. These things are often linked.

If any of those factors are not where they need to be, I question whether that manager is the right person to bring success. If one missing, I can coach that. 2 missing, it's performance improvement plan 3 missing and that person is not right for my org.

Previous success plays a part in that decision, but it doesn't override the present, and I would always look for that person to be progressing and learning with a key plan to put things right. If the performance hasn't shown signs of improvement within 3 months, see ya. Im certainly not allowing someone 15 months to improve (especially when they don't improve).

I can see those stars with my own eyes, it's completely unneeded for me to show my customers who are getting a shite product how hard we work, how much office bantz we have. As Director, I work on facts. As a customer, I want end results. Anything in between is just fuzz.

Same applies here.

Last edited:
I’m not. It’s easier hiding behind a random username and continue to get angry than actually confront the people you are so unhappy with, to their face.
Grow up lad schools back next week. I would never hide from behind a username. There is an obvious reason I cant go. And no I wont be telling you.
If I wanted to go, I would go it wouldnt be on the say so of some pathetic soft dig from a happy clappy( kr should go, no he should stay).
If peoole who have been invited to go wish to go absolute fine, its nothing to do with me
My personal view is that if a highly appointed person has something to say, why not say it to the whole fan base, not a select few he feels he has to win over. Im.not interested in a tour of the TG when all the he needs to do is simply do what 99% of other officialsat other clubs would do and remote a drastically failing manager and appoint a new or interim.
I imagine great plans for the future may be mentioned when all that is required is far less grandiose.

Last edited:
The issue I have is it shouldn't take fans marching down to the training ground to make our views known.

I am a Director at a large company and I assess my management staff on 3 things. Results, recruitment and performance of their individuals.

If any of those factors are not where they need to be, I question whether that manager is the right person to bring success. If one missing, I can coach that. 2 missing, it's performance improvement plan 3 missing and that person is not right for my org.

Previous success plays a part in that decision, but it doesn't override the present, and I would always look for that person to be progressing and learning with a key plan to put things right.

I can see those stars with my own eyes, it's completely unneeded for me to show my customers who are getting a shite product how hard we work, how much office bantz we have. As Director, I work on facts. As a customer, I want end results. Anything in between is just fuzz.

Same applies here.
Is your company anything to do with KFC? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I think the idea that it is up to individual supporters to 'confront' KR and 'tell him what they think' or else they are being keyboard warriors is frankly bizarre, especially in a situation when you are the guest of the club at the training ground.

It is the job (as others have said) of his superiors at the club to assess his performance and to decide if he is fulfilling their targets. Of course, that doesn't preclude supporters (maybe as opposed to 'fans'?) having a view, but he isn't going to suddenly resign on the basis of ten people trying to politely say he is useless.

BUT - since he hasn't been given the heave-ho, presumably he is performing to expectations. That might well be as low an aim as 'try to keep us in L1' - but it certainly isn't what we were told what the aim was this season initially. And hence why communication from the club is so important - tell us what the aim is for the club (not necessarily personalised to the manager) for the rest of the season, tell us what the aim is for next season, and tell us how we are going to recruit over the summer to bridge that gap.

Would I be wrong to accuse all those that have plenty to say about KR on here as being nothing but bottlers and keyboard warriors in rejecting the opportunity to tell him exactly what you think to his face ? No need to be rude to him but I don’t think it takes too much balls to tell him straight what you say about him. He’s the one showing more B*****s by inviting his critics to air their views face to face.
I’ve been invited along and will be there next Friday.

If I get to speak to KR I will ask the following questions.

1. After the Blackpool fiasco you promised more powerful robust players,didn’t happen,why not.
2.With more money year on year we have gone backwards year on year is that acceptable.
3. In most games against the bigger clubs in the league we never get it right tactically
4. Why have you given aging/injured players Long contracts
5. Since Alex Gorrins injury we have not had a like for like player and have asked other players who could be better utilised elsewhere to fill that role
6. Apart from Brown and Bate would you agree that the last two transfer windows have been horrendous
7.We finished very close to Plymouth last year they improved their squad with similar/less money they knew exactly what they wanted whilst we dithered. We were told at the FF we shouldn’t compare clubs but then before the game on Tuesday you did.
8. Do you consider yourself a very fortunate manager with the new Board letting you stay on when most clubs would have let you go in October after spending a lot of money on not very good players
9.What is the REAL reasons why Stevens,Jones,Smyth and Taylor were let go and Findlay a player you chased for years is sitting on the bench
10. Are there any other reasons that are contributing to you having a hard time managing at present

Anything else you can think of Mr Walton

You are incorrect in what you say it is Tim Williams sending out invites

Last edited:
I think the idea that it is up to individual supporters to 'confront' KR and 'tell him what they think' or else they are being keyboard warriors is frankly bizarre, especially in a situation when you are the guest of the club at the training ground.

It is the job (as others have said) of his superiors at the club to assess his performance and to decide if he is fulfilling their targets. Of course, that doesn't preclude supporters (maybe as opposed to 'fans'?) having a view, but he isn't going to suddenly resign on the basis of ten people trying to politely say he is useless.

BUT - since he hasn't been given the heave-ho, presumably he is performing to expectations. That might well be as low an aim as 'try to keep us in L1' - but it certainly isn't what we were told what the aim was this season initially. And hence why communication from the club is so important - tell us what the aim is for the club (not necessarily personalised to the manager) for the rest of the season, tell us what the aim is for next season, and tell us how we are going to recruit over the summer to bridge that gap.
That has to be the boards only aim for this season. I'd snap your hand off for a 16th place finish now.

1. After the Blackpool fiasco you promised more powerful robust players,didn’t happen,why not.
2.With more money year on year we have gone backwards year on year is that acceptable.
3. In most games against the bigger clubs in the league we never get it right tactically
5. Since Alex Gorrins injury we have not had a like for like player and have asked other players who could be better utilised elsewhere to fill that role
6. Apart from Brown and Bate would you agree that the last two transfer windows have been horrendous
7.We finished very close to Plymouth last year they improved their squad with similar/less money they knew exactly what they wanted whilst we dithered. We were told at the FF we shouldn’t compare clubs but then before the game on Tuesday you did.
8. Do you consider yourself a very fortunate manager with the new Board letting you stay on when most clubs would have let you go in October after spending a lot of money on not very good players
9.What is the REAL reasons why Stevens,Jones,Smyth and Taylor were let go and Findlay a player you chased for years is sitting on the bench
10. Are there any other reasons that are contributing to you having a hard time managing at present

11. You claim to make stats-based decisions. Stevens and Eastwood's stats are poor, so why give them new contracts?

You* absolutely are wrong. In fact, you're being very disingenuous. There are many reasons why someone might not take up this opportunity. I'll outline a couple for you...

1. Short notice. It's likely people have other commitments, mainly work and childcare. Childcare could be difficult to arrange. Most employers expect a minimum of 2 weeks notice for time off requests. People have had 1 week notice of this event.

2. Cost of living. Taking a day off work may result in loss of pay for those who are self employed, or those who won't be able to work overtime. Not to mention that it uses up a day's holiday. You then have fuel and bus costs to be able to get there.

There's quite a difference in spending hours of a working day attending an event purely to ask a few questions, which should have been answered over email. The email address of those who did email in, would have, in most cases, included the senders real name. Hardly hiding behind a fake name.

*You, as in you, Dick, not you, as in everyone except you.

This is spot on

You must be right that the Board have decided that they are happy with his performance and thus that their expectation level must have sunk as low as simple survival this season (quite why this is the case compared to other clubs is moot and we will only know if they tell us - one thing is for sure he is bloody lucky and his sudden humility and acceptance of his own faults are both self-serving and clearly connected too)

I doubt many of us on here agree with them and some must now have very real and proper doubts about the real motivation of the board too - they are now playing Russian Roulette with the club and it may well backfire very badly

Either way, whether or not fans meet KR and have a dig, that is not going to suddenly inspire a eureka moment from the board so is there really any point

Great stuff.
Here’s the likely answers:

1. We have signed robust players, eg Findlay (plus loads of waffle)
2. No other big teams have been spending more (plus tons of waffle)
3. Injuries have prevented me doing things I’ve wanted (plus lots of waffle)
4. 7 of us got together and agreed these it‘s a positive move (plus tons of waffle)
5. Alex‘s injuries have been unfortunate especially this season (plus mega waffle)
6. A lot of things went against us, you wouldn’t believe how unlucky we were (plus incredible amount of waffle).
7. Not fair to compare clubs or interviews months apart (plus tons of waffle)
8. The board recognise the bad luck with injuries and transfers, and how we are transitioning moving forward (plus loads more waffle)
9. We do what’s best for players careers and look after them if opportunities may be limited here. SF has been unlucky and had personal issues I can’t discuss (plus waffle)
10. No I always give 110% and love the club and want success as much as the fans, I dont think we’re far away (plus unbelievable amount of waffle)

Hope you’ve got a lot of time to spare

Great stuff.
Here’s the likely answers:

1. We have signed robust players, eg Findlay (plus loads of waffle)
2. No other big teams have been spending more (plus tons of waffle)
3. Injuries have prevented me doing things I’ve wanted (plus lots of waffle)
4. 7 of us got together and agreed these it‘s a positive move (plus tons of waffle)
5. Alex‘s injuries have been unfortunate especially this season (plus mega waffle)
6. A lot of things went against us, you wouldn’t believe how unlucky we were (plus incredible amount of waffle).
7. Not fair to compare clubs or interviews months apart (plus tons of waffle)
8. The board recognise the bad luck with injuries and transfers, and how we are transitioning moving forward (plus loads more waffle)
9. We do what’s best for players careers and look after them if opportunities may be limited here. SF has been unlucky and had personal issues I can’t discuss (plus waffle)
10. No I always give 110% and love the club and want success as much as the fans, I dont think we’re far away (plus unbelievable amount of waffle)

Hope you’ve got a lot of time to spare
You forgot one question…. With all those waffles will they come with Honey and ice cream
?

Previous success plays a part in that decision, but it doesn't override the present, and I would always look for that person to be progressing and learning with a key plan to put things right. If the performance hasn't shown signs of improvement within 3 months, see ya. Im certainly not allowing someone 15 months to improve (especially when they don't improve).
Easing gently back into the real world, boy oh boy are you in for a treat trying to fire a long standing and senior UK employee after three months of under performance in one (tenuous and vague) aspect of their jobs.

Last edited:
@Mellowyellow said

Ive also been invited along next Friday, but wont be going. If he wants to speak to me, he should be speaking to the whole fan base. That is simply my opnion. Each to his own.
Does he expect us to sit and listen to his great plan, then after a personal tour of the TG, bring in robinson to speak to us as mates, and listen to robinson explaining why next seasons squad, will be a transitional success.
kr should go now, I wont change the same view I have had since last May.
The board should get a spine and get rid of him
If any.of the senior management have something to say, then tell all fans not a select.few who they feel they need to convert from kr out.

@Mellowyellow please think again, I’ve been invited along after writing in and saying I won’t renew.

My reasons for going is that if enough of us go along saying the same things we won’t get railroaded.
They must be told that hundreds of ST holders,(maybe closer to a thousand ) will not renew if KR is still there.
If your concern is being railroaded with codswallop, I'm happy to come along as a leading voice ensuring there is no bluster whilst adopting the persona of MellowYellow.

Naturally I will need to adorn my fake mustache and even more confusingly intersperse my obvious frustration with Tim Williams with occasional mellow vibes which may do more to damage the message that to support it. Nonetheless the disguise is a non-negotiable.

Naturally I will need to adorn my fake mustache and even more confusingly intersperse my obvious frustration with Tim Williams with occasional mellow vibes which may do more to damage the message that to support it.
Change the moustache for some mental sideburns and you could just as easily go as Dylan from The Magic Roundabout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom