Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf @Scrongo HF and TW don’t seem capable of dealing with important issues like wonder WTF is going on and dealing with it also there is the financial issues that only the owners could deal with.
To be honest I don't really know what's going on.i don't think anyone does.
The silence from above almost deafening.
From the stadium, to the football side ,the managerial side, we just don't have a Scooby what's happening.

For 65 minutes yesterday we were clueless, abject, downright poor. MK should have been several ahead. If Eisa and the other MK forward hadn't got in each others' way, they'd have been 2 up and cruising. Fair play to Easty, he made a worldly at 1-0 down which again would have given them the game. 1 point away to a dreadful, struggling side is nothing to celebrate wildly and if MKD had won the match (which they should have despite KR's fanciful suggestions otherwise) this board would have gone into total meltdown.

- 1 point from the last 15 available
- 4 clean sheets in 38 games
- 2 goals in the last 5 games
- A manager who harks back to games 5 years ago in interviews and now claims we are 'transitioning' (well done Janine Bailey for calling out this as 'revisionism' on RadOx)

We have a small group of players but marshalled in the right way, they could be effective. Unfortunately our current helmsman has shown he doesn't have the wherewithal to achieve that.

If it is, I hope the board are prepared to lose lots of revenue
I’m afraid that I’m starting to struggle to believe for one second that enough people would vote with their wallets if it came down to it. “I’ll miss my football” would ring out and 90% of people, maybe even more, would carry on swallowing everything and anything after a bit of a moan and a strop. Those who don’t blindly follow suit will be ostracised and accused of not supporting the club, not being a proper fan and so forth.

People get involved in buying football clubs partly because they know that the customer base is overly emotional and driven by feelings, not logic. They can do largely whatever they like - nearly everybody will cough up no matter what. They can spit in your food and throw it all over you before keying your car, but people won’t go to another restaurant. They’ll just keep coming back “because that’s what it’s about”.

Support the club first and foremost in my view, not going because you don’t like the manager is a bit childish isn’t it, especially as there will never be enough of you to make a difference. We have had plenty of crap managers in the 50 years that I’ve been going and I wouldn’t even bracket Robinson as a crap one even though I think he’s lost his way and needs to move on.

For 65 minutes yesterday we were clueless, abject, downright poor. MK should have been several ahead. If Eisa and the other MK forward hadn't got in each others' way, they'd have been 2 up and cruising. Fair play to Easty, he made a worldly at 1-0 down which again would have given them the game. 1 point away to a dreadful, struggling side is nothing to celebrate wildly and if MKD had won the match (which they should have despite KR's fanciful suggestions otherwise) this board would have gone into total meltdown.

- 1 point from the last 15 available
- 4 clean sheets in 38 games
- 2 goals in the last 5 games
- A manager who harks back to games 5 years ago in interviews and now claims we are 'transitioning' (well done Janine Bailey for calling out this as 'revisionism' on RadOx)

We have a small group of players but marshalled in the right way, they could be effective. Unfortunately our current helmsman has shown he doesn't have the wherewithal to achieve that.
Thought Janine spoke very well and didn’t sit on the fence,she’s obviously had enough of KR

Support the club first and foremost in my view, not going because you don’t like the manager is a bit childish isn’t it, especially as there will never be enough of you to make a difference. We have had plenty of crap managers in the 50 years that I’ve been going and I wouldn’t even bracket Robinson as a crap one even though I think he’s lost his way and needs to move on.

Its not just the manager though is it?

I could deal with Karl being in charge if we had an honest board/owners who kept us up to date, actually had an ambitious window with regards to signings, actually appreciated season ticket holders rather than making us pay £10 for a plastic card and also got rid of the club shop discount and replaced with the laughable promotions where you have 48 hours to get the offer.

The whole running of the club this season has been nothing more than tinpot.

Spot on OX14.
Wonder what KR feels about Jodi Jones being MOM for Notts County?
What Notts County have done is given Jones more minutes in each game he has played. He is now up to speed.

Compare that with Murphy he has been given several games and after Charlton I thought great when he’s up to speed we will have some player. That was not to be the case.
Had Jones been given this opportunity I think he would have been a mainstay in our team.

I will put my hand up here I thought Wildschutt was poor at the start and wasn’t going to be any good for us, however he has grown on me and I like the way he runs at defenders he should be starting games and Murphy shouldn’t be allowed near the team again until he is prepared to put a shift in

Karl didn't like Jodi Jones attitude from what I've been told but rates Murphy who has an even worse one. 🙄
Depends what that 'attitude' is. If it is a player who tells the manager a few home truths, that is a completely different thing than seemingly wanting to pick and choose when you play (and then not putting in much effort when you actually do).

I do wonder how much of our budget we've spent. It's oft stated that we're paying the likes of Brannagan and Murphy big money, and Findlay a fair old whack, but how does that stack up when we consider we clearly haven't filled the squad out and we have a few youth teamers making up the numbers?

Just hoping there's enough in there to bin off Robinson.

Depends what that 'attitude' is. If it is a player who tells the manager a few home truths, that is a completely different thing than seemingly wanting to pick and choose when you play (and then not putting in much effort when you actually do).

You dare question Karl's managing or life choices you ultimately get thrown under the bus no matter how good of a player you are. This could be also a reason why we struggle to sign players every window.

I do wonder how much of our budget we've spent. It's oft stated that we're paying the likes of Brannagan and Murphy big money, and Findlay a fair old whack, but how does that stack up when we consider we clearly haven't filled the squad out and we have a few youth teamers making up the numbers?

Just hoping there's enough in there to bin off Robinson.
Browne, Brannagan, Murphy and Henry are on around £30,000 per week between the four of them. For context, that’s what Accrington spend on their entire first team squad.

Findlay, Moore, Joseph and Bate are all being paid nearly double what Hanson was on, and it was pretty widely accepted that he was one of our best earners for basically his entire time here, which only ended in June. We haven’t even got to the likes of Wildschut and Anderson yet, who both agreed to join from clubs that play in the Europa / Conference League(s) most seasons. Anderson was on over 15k a week at Lazio - he’ll have been paid a chunk of the difference by them before he left but he isn’t here for peanuts.

We have spent so much money.

Browne, Brannagan, Murphy and Henry are on around £30,000 per week between the four of them. For context, that’s what Accrington spend on their entire first team squad.

Findlay, Moore, Joseph and Bate are all being paid nearly double what Hanson was on, and it was pretty widely accepted that he was one of our best earners for basically his entire time here, which only ended in June. We haven’t even got to the likes of Wildschut and Anderson yet, who both agreed to join from clubs that play in the Europa / Conference League(s) most seasons. Anderson was on over 15k a week at Lazio - he’ll have been paid a chunk of the difference by them before he left but he isn’t here for peanuts.

Best run club in League 1 Accrington.

Fees they’ve made from Sykes, Bishop, Charles, Burgess, Johnson & Jackson spent mostly on the stadium re-build & the clubs future.

Might see them relegated this season but long term stability on club looks spot on with the moves.

It’s a shame we don’t have Andy Holt running OUFC but with the wealth of our board.

If I was Thohir and Bakrie I would be fuming at both Karl and the chuckle brothers (Tim and Grant) running things day to day as we drop to 16th in the league following another bloody awful window.

I hope there is a root and branch review in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom