Ex-Staff Karl Robinson

If anybody believes that it was right and proper to wait and consider everything from legal through personal issues to the sort of headed letter paper to use, then they frankly, do not know how to run a business. Allowing Robinson to drive the club to the very real and tangible danger of relegation with all the financial implications that would have had, was incompetence.

This talk of not sacking KR to protect his mental health is strange.

I’m not sure how keeping someone in a high-pressured job they were clearly unsuited for, with all of the resulting media scrutiny and public calls for you to be sacked online and in person, can be considered a protection of mental health.

Even more so when you consider that he was getting half a million quid as part of the decision they finally took. He was hardly made unemployed and immediately in financial trouble (or able to get a job soon after, as we all knew he would).

Ferguson has made the mistake of thinking he could just bluff his way through an answer in the hope that the fans are simply delirious that we stayed up.

We’re not. As others have said, he should show some proper contrition. He and Williams were the cause of an absolute car crash and they were very fortunate that it didn’t lead to our relegation.

Own it. Show some humility publicly. Move on.

It’s pretty simple really, but yet again they are making a balls-up of something relatively simple.

If they were concerned for KRs mental health and saw it impacting his ability to do his job then he could have been put on sick leave and mous or whomever in temp charge. So I don’t buy this crap from Fergie

If they were concerned for KRs mental health and saw it impacting his ability to do his job then he could have been put on sick leave and mous or whomever in temp charge. So I don’t buy this crap from Fergie
The difference in Karl's persona and demeanor a week prior to the sack and a week after was night and day.

He was absolutely fucked doing a job that he didn't want to be doing, taking mid season breaks, and showing up on a Saturday to take dogs abuse. It was a broken man not thinking straight.

I've honestly never seen someone look so relieved. The 400k undoubtedly helped, but he was never going to give that up (not would I).

Tim and Grant seemingly tried to force the issue in January by refusing to back him further, but also not wanting to pay him off and hoping for a miracle.

Abysmal on every sense.

If I was the owner I would not be happy it's cost them alot more money because of there mistakes. And it nearly cost us relegation but let's hope alot of lessons have been learnt we will see.

Didn’t Robinson have Robbie Fowler and Rob Hall on the bench for paint pot games this season even though they were obviously not coaching staff? When someone starts doing strange and weird things like that it’s a pretty big sign that they are no longer taking the job seriously.

I think the ex manager spending weeks in Spain before having less than a starting team of players in pre-season whilst entertaining Lee Ryan of Blue was maybe an indication of where the season was going.
Having a former footballer turned chicken shop owner as our starting striker for most of pre-season, despite him not even having a contract, was up there. Arguably Lee from Blue would’ve been about as match sharp.

Having a former footballer turned chicken shop owner as our starting striker for most of pre-season, despite him not even having a contract, was up there. Arguably Lee from Blue would’ve been about as match sharp.
Don’t write off the Blue lads. They all rise like a salmon at the far post.

To be fair we only had the lad from Blue because the guitarist from Kasabian turned us down to go and do pre season with Barnsley instead, we had been after him for ages and he was keen to come but Barnsley just blew us out of the water at the last minute.

Grant; ‘I think with hindsight, it has worked out’

Please tell me he’s joking. Grant, yours and Tim’s incompetence nearly cost us our League One status, and reading your comments I seriously dealt either of you have learnt from this experience. Don’t take us for fouls. There are still huge question marks over yours and Tim’s heads which needs to be outed with a Fans Forum as open and honest questions need to be asked/answered.

From what I got from that interview was that they were going down the right routes of dismissing him due to not just on the field issues but to do that you have to tick a lot of boxes to cover yourself.
What ever you say about Robinson, he isn't stupid when it comes to a contract and knowing what he is entitled to and his legal rights.

I have just got a new job back doing what I used to do before being a postie and having a few members of staff that I am trying to move out of the company is a long winded process!
And back in the room!

“He’s got a very, very good ability to get his point over without upsetting people or turning people off. People just respond to him very, very well

a) clear reference to Karl and his awful ways
b) something of the Donald Trump about this level of eloquence, ‘yeah, Liam Manning is a very good guy, great guy, done a lot of good things, he is bigly clever’

I think the description of what happened matches what I said at the time: they set some notional trigger points that would elicit a sacking, and held their nerve. Once triggered they sacked him. It turned out that was a bit later than it should have been, but what they are justifying is not how it turned out, but their process. This is MBA101 stuff and I'm not justifying it as the best approach to running a club. I do think it's better than an old skool autocratic chairman picking mates and making decisions on the fly after a boozy lunch, which is the other end of the spectrum. What these guys have shown is that they can run a decision-making process, but not that they can actually make a good decision, and that's a problem.

I think the description of what happened matches what I said at the time: they set some notional trigger points that would elicit a sacking, and held their nerve. Once triggered they sacked him. It turned out that was a bit later than it should have been, but what they are justifying is not how it turned out, but their process. This is MBA101 stuff and I'm not justifying it as the best approach to running a club. I do think it's better than an old skool autocratic chairman picking mates and making decisions on the fly after a boozy lunch, which is the other end of the spectrum. What these guys have shown is that they can run a decision-making process, but not that they can actually make a good decision, and that's a problem.
And Robinson narrowly managed to escape those trigger points time and again.
It’s interesting to consider what might have been if we had lost, rather than drawn, at Portsmouth. Or if we hadn’t managed that somewhat shocking win down at Exeter.

Don’t write off the Blue lads. They all rise like a salmon at the far post.
Yeah, but you know what happened the last time we had a Salmon turn out for us. Loads of fishy defending, and a full catch in the back of the net.

Yeah, but you know what happened the last time we had a Salmon turn out for us. Loads of fishy defending, and a full catch in the back of the net.
I blame the manager who was unable to get a tuna out of the whole squad.

Back
Top Bottom