Ex-Staff Karl Robinson

He should do the honourable thing now and cancel or refund us his remaining ill-gotten termination fee if he's to retain any goodwill or positive legacy.
On the positive side, I do hope we no longer have to pay any more cash to the fraud now he has a new job. However short-term it is, it must nix the severance clause (not a lawyer, but surely true?).

KR on the bench in the Premier League...sh*t the f*cking bed! :oops:

Appointments like this happen, it's as simple as that. He wouldn't be the first manager in his position to get a job like this. I remember Aidy Boothroyd got the job at PL Watford and he was managing something like the U16's at the time. Back in the day, when I was a kid, Bertie Mee was the Arsenal physio, he somehow got the top job, and went on to win that much fabled double in 1971.

Robinson, whatever you say, is self confident and charismatic. He wont be everyone's cup of tea but I could see how he could be very convincing in putting himself forward for the bigger job. Managerial appointments are often not on a league table basis - it's a bit of ebullience mixed in with a bit of who you know and when you now have one foot in the door, like he does, I wouldn't put it past the realms of possibility that he talks his way into the Leeds gig.

It’s a no lose situation for Big Sam and Robinson. Leeds are as good as down so if they go down then it won’t tarnish them and if they stay up then they are hero’s with a very big bank balance.
Robinson will be getting a hefty wage for a few weeks work and it will do his reputation the world of good going in and coaching premier league players.

As someone else said, clubs won’t care about the nonsense of our off field issues with KR this season. He is still regarded as an excellent coach within football.

If Allardyce and Robinson can save Leeds I wouldn't be that surprised to see Robinson get a chance in the hot seat there next season - perhaps with Allardyce going upstairs to oversee it all. In fact, even if they're relegated I think there might be a chance that KR is in the frame for the job. Leeds have gone around the houses with managers from here, there and everywhere and perhaps they might see a closer to home appointment as the way forward. I'd say it would all hinge on Allardyce though, if he wanted an overseeing role then Robinson's chances would increase immeasurably, without Allardyce he'd have little to no chance.
As much chance KR is managing Oxford for the opening game next season as Leeds.

As someone else said, clubs won’t care about the nonsense of our off field issues with KR this season. He is still regarded as an excellent coach within football.
But would they care about the ON field issues? The appalling performance related to the budget? The awful signings? The falling out with players? Surely the last season MUST have tarnished his reputation?

But would they care about the ON field issues? The appalling performance related to the budget? The awful signings? The falling out with players? Surely the last season MUST have tarnished his reputation?
Not if he is going in as number 2 plus it would have been Big Sam who requested Robinson to be his number 2. Leeds would have very little say in it.

Well managers get sacked all the time, so one abject season with us wouldn’t be the huge blot in the copy book we might think it is, especially if his previous seasons here were seen as a success (which many on this forum felt this time last year). We all know how bad he was this year, but all that’s not going to appear on a manager’s CV.

Robbie Keane also on board-but strange or luckily recorded as former MK Dons manager in The Guardian well you could say OUFC air brushed out of history!

Back
Top Bottom