Ex-Staff Karl Robinson

Unless he changes his core values he will struggle for success anywhere. I don’t doubt he will charm his way in to a job and outstay his welcome but it will end in tears unless he can find a way to put himself last and treat people with due respect. It’s a simple skill that should come naturally to gen pop but sadly, it doesn’t. He needs time out of the game to properly reflect and reset as he’s become a bitter victim and there’s no place for that.

Calling him out for his utterly brash comments should be what this is about now. The man is out of control. The arrogance to suggest he put Oxford on the map again, is ridiculous, that would have been Wilder and Appleton. Robinson has done nothing of the sort, unless his inferences are about a couple of years of attractive football which he then presided over dismantling. I am bored of his PR tour of the UK.
Ignore him. The man has a huge chunk of our hard earned cash in his back pocket after neglecting us for a year. I'd be on cloud nine! Our boards fault. Our anger changes nothing. The wrath should have been on the board but wasn't. Instead people whinging at people like me for being negative.

Let him carry on chuckling away

Full focus behind Liam and the "team". Barrow away doesn't bear thinking of.

Just found this little gem in the YouTube comments from one of Karl’s many podcast appearances since leaving us (Footy Accumulators).

What could he do with a proper budget indeed. I reckon he’d certainly sign the best player in League One to spearhead a spectacular, face-first plummet down the table…

View attachment 12643
Just goes to show how deluded some people are in football and why he’ll get another job soon!!

Last edited:
Shame he decided not to take any information on from big Sam lol well anyone , he’s left us right in the brown stuff,

Another classic Karl interview blowing his own trumpet that in parts just doesn’t make sense. This ones about Deli Alli.
I don't actively dislike many people but Karl is one of them. You still get yellows who think the sun shines out of his a*se seemingly, despite the fact he achieved the square root of f all here and has left us totally in the sh*t. At least we some some pretty football, huh?

The arrogance to suggest he put Oxford on the map again, is ridiculous, that would have been Wilder and Appleton.
For me, Wilder saved the club. Appleton put it back on the map. Now the map is a bit faded, like its been left in the garage for five years. Someone just scrawled "best player in L1" on the map and then set fire to it.

We finished 8th the season before he came in, he managed a 6th place finish in the proper seasons that followed, so putting us on the map was an improvement of 2 places at best and getting sacked with us in the same position he took over but plummeting downwards, not exactly “putting us back on the map”.

He is still weighing us down isn’t he, we need to move on I reckon.
I suppose until our relegation fears are put to bed people are still going to talk about him though.

You just know that IF we survive this season and, after a massive rebuild in the summer, LM leads us to promotion next season - all a massive clutching at very optimistic straws I know - Robinson will be all over the media taking all the credit for it.

‘Yeah I saved the club, put it back on the map and that’s pretty much the squad I built that’s got promotion’

I know the usuals will jump on this, but who cares what Robinson says?

Looking at the above comment. We survive, rebuild and get promotion next season? Will anyone genuinely give two shits if Robinson looks to take credit for it? Even his biggest supporters will know that it is a load of old B*****s and it won't distract for a second from the achievements of Manning.

I know emotions are still running high, and will likely stay that way until we're safe. But some of the obsessional stuff is not helping anyone move on. Robinson has gone. He's not ever coming back. If he gets another job in the game then he's someone else's problem and whether he gets success or failure again it will not change anything about how anyone feels about him here.

I'm not telling people what to post, freedom of speech and all, but I honestly think that this board would be a more positive place if people were able to leave him in the past and ignore what is being said.

Back
Top Bottom