Ex-Staff Karl Robinson

There doesn’t seem to be much on the betting sites. It’s all premiership focused for anything other than results.
Sky bet are offering 12/1 for Oxford to be relegated. Not sure if there was a shift on that price when the sacking was announced.
No we were that price before he got sacked.I checked this morning

I’d pay whatever it takes to get Warburton here, hasn’t been manager at a club since QPR (oddly) didn’t renew his contract. Plays lovely football and astute in transfer windows.

Plus if Moyes goes at WH, he may have to go too.
This is my choice as well. Will work with a DOF too if that’s the way we decide to go.

It wasn't just @Scotchegg that feared the Board would still deliberate and keep him for at least a few more games. After all, he should have gone weeks ago. Nevertheless, they finally saw what most had seen months before and sacked him. Well done, but why did it take so long? As the salaried Board members, Tim Williams and Grant Ferguson should explain this if they care about the fans' support. Someone previously on another thread referred to contrition. I confess that I felt it was positive when both were appointed, but now, confidence in either is pretty low, and I doubt I am the only one. It was unnecessary if they were as experienced as I initially thought. Even if not, it should never have dragged on in the way it has if they were competent and or focused. Any CEO of a multi-million-pound business will have short- and long-term targets; what were ours, the remedies, and contingencies when the targets weren't being met? From the outside, it seemed to be hoping it would change, which is not good enough. How will they ensure this never happens again if they have been given, as they state, a top 30 remit?

Overall, I thought I would be elated with the news, but I feel frustrated and angry more than celebratory by the mess the Board allowed to fester and develop. The club is now facing relegation (unnecessarily). It has players on high wages that are either unavailable or simply not good enough for a team with our supposed ambitions (Baldock, Murphy, Browne (rarely performing when available), several players who most feel need upgrading, with some of the latter now on medium/long-term contracts (e.g. Long and Henry - although both will now be needed if we get relegated(!)). Whoever comes in is inheriting an incredible mess, and no one should blame them if they can't save us with such a poorly constructed squad. We need a wholesale rebuild.

As for Short and Leon Blackmore-Such (how did he get to this level), I can only hope this is a holding role until we appoint next week. Assuming the Board have been proactive in the search for a replacement in the background (am I giving them too much credit(?)). One can only hope!

Last edited:
Lets hope the new guy can find a proper defensive midfielder who can come in and shore things up and organise a few games, even if this guy is not fully match fit he can sit in there, scrap a bit and maybe have some fresher legs around him! We're so lightweight in midfield it has been so scary to see teams running straight through us!

This was one of the major problems KR never addressed and we have paid for it this season.
He cannot possibly say that he wasn’t warned about the yawning gaps in the squad. His repeated failure to plug them was the catalyst for his fall from grace.

Don't want to see a return of previous managers ! Clean slate new beginning Crichley short term , he will get us out of trouble ,no it didn't work at QPR but neither did there result yesterday under a ex player now manager !

Peter Leven, got some really good experience coaching and managing abroad and can do what he wants ;)

My final thoughts. Now we shall see how much was down to Robbo and how much can be laid at the misfiring feet of the team.

Can we please put this to bed now? Time to move on!

COYYs! 👏👍🏼

Last edited:
Leam Richardson or Appleton for me.
Richardson has been a firefighter before and Appleton will get respect (he’s a f*****g unit).
We just need to grab a few points and we will be away.

Overall, I thought I would be elated with the news, but I feel frustrated and angry more than celebratory by the mess the Board allowed to fester and develop. The club is now facing relegation (unnecessarily). It has players on high wages that are either unavailable or simply not good enough for a team with our supposed ambitions (Baldock, Murphy, Browne (rarely performing when available), several players who most feel need upgrading, with some of the latter now on medium/long-term contracts (e.g. Long and Henry - although both will now be needed if we get relegated(!)). Whoever comes in is inheriting an incredible mess, and no one should blame them if they can't save us with such a poorly constructed squad. We need a wholesale rebuild.
Very much how I feel too. The board, coaching staff and squad still have a lot to do to dig us out the hole we're in at the moment. Let's hope for a real bounce back at Lincoln.

I think whatever happens now (if we get relegated or stay up ) us fans just need to get behind the team 100% it's a relief he's gone as he was holding us back . I hope the board are sensible in their next move if they want a D.O.F they need clever planning and sensible choices.

Just got tickets for the Derby game. My son is coming too. Two people who definitely wouldn’t have attended if the change hadn’t happened today. COYY’s!!

I think a change in manager was inevitable- the only real question was when .... the surprise ( to me) is that the coaching staff are jointly in charge albeit temporarily - as IMO they shoulder some of the blame for the poor performances

I wish KR well - this season has been far from good, but the previous ones under his tenure have seen some exciting football played

A new chapter begins. I've liked Karl over the last few years, however these last three or four months have been different. Just lost all direction. The club is bigger than any one individual, so on we go to pastures new.

To put into context what a detestable person he was, something extra from Friday's meeting. Robinson came out with the following while grinning and sniggering (along with Williams) "along with the subs on the bench we run a sweepstake as to when we hear the first Robbo out chant"
Taken aback, I stopped him and remarked that this was "facile and juvenile behaviour". Williams looked at me as though I'd accused them of some heinous crime and leapt to Robinson's defence.
I was later informed that Robinson was telling anyone in the Vicky Arms, Marston who'd listen, that I had no sense of humour. Well, well, Mr Robinson, who's laughing now?

Still my favourite part of Fridays meeting was Tim & Niall’s faces when that came out of Karl’s mouth! 🤣👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom