Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

What’s confusing is, Karl has always previously said/maintained that the journey the club’s going on is amazing which is backed by influential very rich men e.g. big investment, plans for the future etc, so why does he now not know what is going on? What’s shifted?
This

Which shop in Buckingham?

OX14 said:

She has a shop in Buckingham too. Kids are settled, if it were a championship team with ambition I could understand the move.

That not apply to the Owner/s then?

there's 2 teams in the North East far Bigger than Little Oxford to start with so why Oxford?

Strange nobody had these odd thought processes whilst we flirted with relegation for 2 seasons and as i keep repeating if it's fine for the players to have ambition why not the Manager?

Robinson laying down the law in todays OM. Possibly a bit of a shame its all being played out in public but he’s right with what he says. 20% of all player sales must go back into recruiting and there should be a cut off agreed when players and agents know they wont get sold because its too late in the window.

He also seems to confirm that theres been some cost cutting in some areas.

“There are so many things internally we know we’ve got to get right.

“If you look at the staff behind the scenes, we’re probably about 20 per cent down in the last two years from people who have gone and not been replaced.”

There appears to be a bit of a power struggle taking place at the moment. I do wonder if the board would prefer these comments to be kept within the confines of the club. I guess Robinson wants to let the supporters know why he's been unsettled.

Optimistically though he does mention the ‘big hitters’ on the board and what they want to achieve being the thing that ‘fuels all their fires’ so lets hope that continues.
I think that his comments re the transfer window makes sense.
I am surprised that more clubs dont say that they will sell players but not in the last week/ 2 weeks of the windows.

Good god, that was hard reading. And some complained about the last GE election thread :D

Anyway, on staffing, KR has a point but needs to appreciate that the club have just taken over running a training ground and that is a first for the club so there is no infrastructure in place. Other than that, the interview was the interview. Not that interesting, lots of waffle and until they appoint a manager, this will rumble on not matter what anyone on the club side says.

OX14 said:

She has a shop in Buckingham too. Kids are settled, if it were a championship team with ambition I could understand the move.

That not apply to the Owner/s then?

there's 2 teams in the North East far Bigger than Little Oxford to start with so why Oxford?

Strange nobody had these odd thought processes whilst we flirted with relegation for 2 seasons and as i keep repeating if it's fine for the players to have ambition why not the Manager?

Yes their is nothing wrong with Karl having ambition, but Blackpool is not a step up in my opinion. If blackburn or Preston came in for him then i wouldn't blame him for leaving. It doesn't matter how big of a club it is, what league you are in is what's important.

For me, I think that just about any championship side with a bit of spending money available for an ambitious manager would just about be enough to tempt KR.
If we somehow manage to get promoted, I still see him thinking carefully about jumping ship.

Strike while you are hot is never truer than when you are a football manager.

Yes their is nothing wrong with Karl having ambition, but Blackpool is not a step up in my opinion. If blackburn or Preston came in for him then i wouldn't blame him for leaving. It doesn't matter how big of a club it is, what league you are in is what's important.

Well on that basis no half decent manager or player would come here yet we are to believe that some that join do so having being sold the ambition of the club...Why can that not be the same at Blackpool?
Do fans of Blackpool deserve the s**t that've had to endure over the years and just because they now find themselves in tier 3 their fans must accept or have no right to aim higher?
Their new Owner/s might actual have a good plan for their club and believe a manager like Karl can help them achieve it and likewise Karl or any other manager may match those ambitions and even more so if they feel the vibes are not good for a future where they are.

Well on that basis no half decent manager or player would come here yet we are to believe that some that join do so having being sold the ambition of the club...Why can that not be the same at Blackpool?
Do fans of Blackpool deserve the s**t that've had to endure over the years and just because they now find themselves in tier 3 their fans must accept or have no right to aim higher?
Their new Owner/s might actual have a good plan for their club and believe a manager like Karl can help them achieve it and likewise Karl or any other manager may match those ambitions and even more so if they feel the vibes are not good for a future where they are.

Blackpool have the same ambition as us and atleast half of the other teams in league 1. Why would he jump ship and relocate when he would have to same issues at Blackpool as he has here in attracting players who don't want to drop down to league 1. He has no pressure on him here, we stuck by him when we were in the relegation places where alot of other teams would of sacked him. Don't forget Blackpool sacked Grayson when they were 15th in the league so they aren't the sort of club that are going to stick by a manager in tough times.

Blackpool have the same ambition as us and atleast half of the other teams in league 1. Why would he jump ship and relocate when he would have to same issues at Blackpool as he has here in attracting players who don't want to drop down to league 1. He has no pressure on him here, we stuck by him when we were in the relegation places where alot of other teams would of sacked him. Don't forget Blackpool sacked Grayson when they were 15th in the league so they aren't the sort of club that are going to stick by a manager in tough times.
More a case of they both (Karl and the Board) stuck together whilst a lot of s**t was hitting the fan.

why would he jump ship at Charlton to come here?

Ridiculous. Of course he has pressure on him here.

If he stays and we then lose the next 8 games he’ll wish he had left once he reads the vitriol that will be spouted on here.

It wouldn't take 8 games for some on here. Try 2 to 3 games!

If this week is to go by it would only take 1 news story to turn some fans.
I think what we’ve learnt this week is that some still don’t like KR and can’t wait to get a few digs in. It must be horrible for them that Robinson has been doing so well.

Back
Top Bottom