Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

Crazy stuff on here! Just because we are above Blackpool in this year's L1 it doesn't make us a "bigger club"!
We're not a bigger club than Bolton despite the fact they're going down to L2.
Since 2000 Blackpool have had 7 seasons in the Championship and 1 season in the Premier League.
Even now they get 1.5 - 2k more through the gate for home games on average.
They were in the top two divisions for most of the period from the late 1940s to the late 1970s.
And most football fans around the country will applaud their fans for the stand they took against the Oystons after many long-suffering years.
I've always felt that as soon as you have to argue about why your club is a bigger club, it's not a bigger club, it's a similar sized club. It's like Newcastle and Aston Villa fans arguing who is the bigger club - realistically, they're both essentially the same, it doesn't really matter. Whereas I don't think there's anyone who would seriously start an argument that e.g. Newcastle aren't a bigger club than Oxford United. The only people who seem to care about this stuff are the 13 year olds who make those arbitrary lists on Twitter.

I've always felt that as soon as you have to argue about why your club is a bigger club, it's not a bigger club, it's a similar sized club. It's like Newcastle and Aston Villa fans arguing who is the bigger club - realistically, they're both essentially the same, it doesn't really matter.

But Villa have won the European Cup in living memory, whereas the last time Newcastle won anything, they were playing in black-and-white...

But they (toon) always play in black and white at home....:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Well three loaners don’t make for everything as they’re not ours we put bids in for I believe 3 players unfortunately that didn’t bear fruit, ok we sold 2 decent players but remember Fosu seemed to have lost interest in OUFC and Bad taste as much as we know he can be a quality player has had 2 serious injuries in the last couple of tears so the club cashed in and by all accounts we got a decent wedge for. They would be the 2 that would have been sold before our other midfielders. Our friend from Blackpool said they turned down an offer for Gnanduillet with 6 months left on his contract and very doubtful that Blackpool will make the play offs so he could well walk for free come the summer. But that’s not ambition it’s bad logistics.

When did we sell Bad taste?

Good one that pal. Never heard that before. You thought of that all by yourself?

The question that I could not fathom out is you are either Blackpool fans or not, either supporting the team or not. You had a grudge with the Chairman/owner, fair enough, but to stop supporting the team, not sure on that one.
We went through the exact same thing with a chairman some time ago, from what I remember fans didn't boycott the games.

The question that I could not fathom out is you are either Blackpool fans or not, either supporting the team or not. You had a grudge with the Chairman/owner, fair enough, but to stop supporting the team, not sure on that one.
We went through the exact same thing with a chairman some time ago, from what I remember fans didn't boycott the games.

Ultras ??

Robinson laying down the law in todays OM. Possibly a bit of a shame its all being played out in public but he’s right with what he says. 20% of all player sales must go back into recruiting and there should be a cut off agreed when players and agents know they wont get sold because its too late in the window.

He also seems to confirm that theres been some cost cutting in some areas.

“There are so many things internally we know we’ve got to get right.

“If you look at the staff behind the scenes, we’re probably about 20 per cent down in the last two years from people who have gone and not been replaced.”

There appears to be a bit of a power struggle taking place at the moment. I do wonder if the board would prefer these comments to be kept within the confines of the club. I guess Robinson wants to let the supporters know why he's been unsettled.

Optimistically though he does mention the ‘big hitters’ on the board and what they want to achieve being the thing that ‘fuels all their fires’ so lets hope that continues.

That was worth listening to then! .... tiger & the board according to KR have yet to assure him re mid and long term ambition. Im soooo reassured now :cautious:

He wants the supporters to turn up in numbers on saturday, yet hasnt confirmed he isnt going to walk, tell the supporters youre 100% staying KR, then you may get a response in additional numbers at the game?

What’s confusing is, Karl has always previously said/maintained that the journey the club’s going on is amazing which is backed by influential very rich men e.g. big investment, plans for the future etc, so why does he now not know what is going on? What’s shifted?

Where have the club not shown ambition, the board are trying to sort the stadium issue out, added Browne, Holland, Kelly in the transfer window, bought atkinson, bidded 700k for Cadden, had a bid accepted for the rb but he didn't want to move south of the border, bidded for Grigg but manager didn't want to sell to a promotion rival, signed a long term lease on the training ground where we have full control... Yeh they might of sold Fosu and Baptiste but fosu had a buy out clause and wanted to leave, Baptiste they cashed in and I don't blame them if he had another injury he would of been worth nothing. The only thing wrong was the timing, if this was at the start of January no one would of bat an eyelid. I swear Robbo and some of are fans need to take a long hard look at the way are club is being run at the moment as it hasn't been run as good as it is now in my 20 years following the U's

Hi Scotchers

Back
Top Bottom