Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

If we didn’t lose anyone and signed Grigg, Taylor, Browne and Cadden, we’d have a very good chance.
Maybe if we do make the championship Tiger and co could well find those deals and yes we could stay in the championship, but that would still be difficult.

The answer to exam question appears to be:

“Probably - but not sure when.”

:cry:

If we didn’t lose anyone and signed Grigg, Taylor, Browne and Cadden, we’d have a very good chance.
I dont really have any concerns that our top 12 - 14 players would all hold their own in the championship. My concern would be the strength in depth. Two or three injuries and the cracks would start to show. IF we got to the championship , 5 or 6 championship quality additions would need to be made, hopefully the finances would be there. Even if they were 30+ years old championship ‘journeymen’ (for want of a better description) free agents, to add the required depth and experience at that level. The big hit at that level is wages.

The answer to exam question appears to be:

“Probably - but not sure when.”

:cry:

There's a valedictory tone to "I've loved being part of Oxford United". Definitely looks like the end of the season, are board will be eyeing Steve Bruce, mark my words.

I dont really have any concerns that our top 12 - 14 players would all hold their own in the championship. My concern would be the strength in depth. Two or three injuries and the cracks would start to show. IF we got to the championship , 5 or 6 championship quality additions would need to be made, hopefully the finances would be there. Even if they were 30+ years old championship ‘journeymen’ (for want of a better description) free agents, to add the required depth and experience at that level. The big hit at that level is wages.

Really
Luton absolutely smashed this league last year, look at them now.
It’s so hard these days to do well when you are promoted , as you say you have to get 5/6 really good players who can hold their own in that division.Then hope the likes of Taylor, Branagan, Dickie and Henry perform at that level. The rest aren’t up to it
Now if we had Chippy Wilder back it would be no problem he seems to be able to do it ?

Back
Top Bottom