Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

Nathan Jones doesn’t want to come to this way so I’ve been told. We’ve plenty of money and ambition but I wouldn’t like to think what he was on money wise at stoke. In my opinion after us sacking Grayson, the next person that comes in has to be absolutely nailed on right

Heckingbottom?

Crazy stuff on here! Just because we are above Blackpool in this year's L1 it doesn't make us a "bigger club"!
We're not a bigger club than Bolton despite the fact they're going down to L2.
Since 2000 Blackpool have had 7 seasons in the Championship and 1 season in the Premier League.
Even now they get 1.5 - 2k more through the gate for home games on average.
They were in the top two divisions for most of the period from the late 1940s to the late 1970s.
And most football fans around the country will applaud their fans for the stand they took against the Oystons after many long-suffering years.

Being a bigger club doesn't mean Jack shite. A club should be judged on their ambition not their past. So the argument of who is the biggest is irrelevant. Just because Blackpool have asked to speak to Robbo doesn't mean they are more ambitious than us either they may have a wealthy owner but so does are board and with contacts. I'm sure if a piece of land is found where we can build on then a few wealthy buisness men will get involved, then who would be the most ambitious?

Crazy stuff on here! Just because we are above Blackpool in this year's L1 it doesn't make us a "bigger club"!
We're not a bigger club than Bolton despite the fact they're going down to L2.
Since 2000 Blackpool have had 7 seasons in the Championship and 1 season in the Premier League.
Even now they get 1.5 - 2k more through the gate for home games on average.
They were in the top two divisions for most of the period from the late 1940s to the late 1970s.
And most football fans around the country will applaud their fans for the stand they took against the Oystons after many long-suffering years.
Bigger club is all billy big B*****s stuff as I said but league positions come May are the most important. If Oxford finish 6th and Sunderland 7th it doesn’t make Oxford a bigger club but 1 that’s achieving more .History is exactly that, in the past. Totally agree regarding your last sentence.

Well after listening to the 5 minutes fans forum earlier this evening I got the distinct impression that KR sees Blackpool as a club with more ambition than Oxford, and given the chance he would like to be their manager.

I would love to know the dream, vision, assurances and promises that Robinson was given when he signed his contract and if the transfer window matched those promises.

I’m torn.

On the one hand I really appreciate the team he has put together, the cup runs, and particularly the quality of football on show, it’s a joy to watch. On the other hand he needs shut the f**k up from time to time.

However as I’ve said said before it’s ‘warts an’ all’ with Karl and I’m more than prepared to put up with the occasional verbal nonsense if the entertaining football continues.

I may have missed a reference to it earlier in this thread but surely Robinson's 'business as usual' interview on the OUFC site today says all we need to know about 'Blackpool', for now?
Whatever happens in the medium to long term will happen but no-one on this forum can know what that might be so let's park it and move onto Saturday and the rest of what should be a cracking run in to the end of the season.

On my reading he was polite until the 'small town in Fleetwood comment' which was just plain rude - he had said multiple times before that that he hoped we went up.
That said, I may have misread it and the messages on the last couple of pages don't look particularly good for anyone.
Did you miss the bit where he claimed Blackpool ghad more ambition and maybe that’s why KR should go there?

Last edited:
Bigger club is all billy big B*****s stuff as I said but league positions come May are the most important. If Oxford finish 6th and Sunderland 7th it doesn’t make Oxford a bigger club but 1 that’s achieving more .History is exactly that, in the past. Totally agree regarding your last sentence.

Wilder pretty much said that once about us and some people went into melt down.

as an Oxford fan, I agree with him unfortunately!
So all this from the chairman down to KR about wanting promotion owning our own club sorting out the training ground isn’t ambition? All I’ve heard them is they’re a bigger club with a wealthy owner and want promotion, we have a very wealthy board I would assume more wealthy than their owner and board and we both want promotion so why is their ambition bigger than ours?

Wilder pretty much said that once about us and some people went into melt down.
That would be the season we both went up I assume. Both being the point here but we weren’t pissing a 10 million loan from the council away.

So all this from the chairman down to KR about wanting promotion owning our own club sorting out the training ground isn’t ambition? All I’ve heard them is they’re a bigger club with a wealthy owner and want promotion, we have a very wealthy board I would assume more wealthy than their owner and board and we both want promotion so why is their ambition bigger than ours?
Blackpool's owner is a Blackpool fan; ours is a Thai investor with no particular interest in OUFC itself.
That said this isn't the point of this thread so probably best to leave this one here!

as an Oxford fan, I agree with him unfortunately!

Where have the club not shown ambition, the board are trying to sort the stadium issue out, added Browne, Holland, Kelly in the transfer window, bought atkinson, bidded 700k for Cadden, had a bid accepted for the rb but he didn't want to move south of the border, bidded for Grigg but manager didn't want to sell to a promotion rival, signed a long term lease on the training ground where we have full control... Yeh they might of sold Fosu and Baptiste but fosu had a buy out clause and wanted to leave, Baptiste they cashed in and I don't blame them if he had another injury he would of been worth nothing. The only thing wrong was the timing, if this was at the start of January no one would of bat an eyelid. I swear Robbo and some of are fans need to take a long hard look at the way are club is being run at the moment as it hasn't been run as good as it is now in my 20 years following the U's

Many on here started to question ambition in January. I know I did.
Well three loaners don’t make for everything as they’re not ours we put bids in for I believe 3 players unfortunately that didn’t bear fruit, ok we sold 2 decent players but remember Fosu seemed to have lost interest in OUFC and Baptiste as much as we know he can be a quality player has had 2 serious injuries in the last couple of tears so the club cashed in and by all accounts we got a decent wedge for. They would be the 2 that would have been sold before our other midfielders. Our friend from Blackpool said they turned down an offer for Gnanduillet with 6 months left on his contract and very doubtful that Blackpool will make the play offs so he could well walk for free come the summer. But that’s not ambition it’s bad logistics.

Last edited:
Blackpool's owner is a Blackpool fan; ours is a Thai investor with no particular interest in OUFC itself.
That said this isn't the point of this thread so probably best to leave this one here!
He maybe a businessman but I do believe his heart is in Oxford he has spent money on bringing in players so I doubt whether he is here to make a fast buck which considering that was nigh on impossible.

Back
Top Bottom