Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

I think the Blackpool fan maybe right this isn’t dead I think KR wants out of Oxford the big question is tho has he got the bolloxs to admit it he can’t keep stringing us along you either wanna be here KR all you don’t if you don’t then do one charlton went up after you left them and there is no reason we couldn’t do the same stick the two JMs in charge until
The summer

That was worth listening to then! .... tiger & the board according to KR have yet to assure him re mid and long term ambition. Im soooo reassured now :cautious:

He wants the supporters to turn up in numbers on saturday, yet hasnt confirmed he isnt going to walk, tell the supporters youre 100% staying KR, then you may get a response in additional numbers at the game?
I read an article about Sykes saying that he was told by KR when he signed that nobody would stand in his way if bigger clubs come calling. I like Robinson but if that is true, he has known for a long time what the score is in terms of our model. Having said that I have no idea what has happened behind the scenes between them but I don't like Robinson playing it out so publicly..

Robinson hasn’t had any reassurances from the board since this Blackpool business came out

He says he hasn’t said he doesn’t want another contract.

players are in discussion over contracts

no release clause 2022

needs better attendances but we must remain sustainable wants fans to come and enjoy them.

Matty Taylor and Marcy Browne are players Robinson wants

South of Spain ?for pre season

That’s if the coronavirus hasn’t made it a no go

I have no idea what your rambling on about pal.

Ignore some of the nonsense on here - you’ve been perfectly respectful. KR may well end up with you but I think more generally the concern here is that he is generally unsettled and wants out. You may find that he’s using Blackpool as much as he’s using us to engineer a bigger move...

Ignore some of the nonsense on here - you’ve been perfectly respectful. KR may well end up with you but I think more generally the concern here is that he is generally unsettled and wants out. You may find that he’s using Blackpool as much as he’s using us to engineer a bigger move...
I agree he has been perfectly respectful but he did say that Blackpool have more ambition....can’t get my head round that

Aye we’ll see in june wont we if you don’t go up. But all the best

So you aren't going to appoint a new manager in the mean time? If you have all this money and ambition why aren't you paying out on Nathan Jones so that Stoke don't have to pay the remainder of his wages? He fits the same criteria as KR.

It seems to me that since the fosu/baptiste incident Robinson has hit a crossroads. He wants answers now regarding Tiger’s mid to long term goals and capabilities. I dont think its a coincidence that Blackpool have come sniffing at the same time, Robinsons agent has probably made the situation here the worst kept secret in football to see what options arise (lets face it, he wouldnt be doing his job if he didnt) Unfortunately its now become a bit of a mexican stand-off with the first one to blink. Does Robinson walk? Do Blackpool come in again - maybe more likely now that Swindon and Wellens have knocked them back? Does Robinson sit tight? Find out next week I guess.. It does feel like Robinson has stepped back from the brink a tad today though, especially after his bullish attitude on Tuesday. The question is why if he still hasn’t received any assurances from Tiger. Is it because Blackpool got cold feet maybe?

So you aren't going to appoint a new manager in the mean time? If you have all this money and ambition why aren't you paying out on Nathan Jones so that Stoke don't have to pay the remainder of his wages? He fits the same criteria as KR.
Nathan Jones doesn’t want to come to this way so I’ve been told. We’ve plenty of money and ambition but I wouldn’t like to think what he was on money wise at stoke. In my opinion after us sacking Grayson, the next person that comes in has to be absolutely nailed on right

Yep totally understand what your saying mate. It just sounded like he fits perfect up here that was all. A bigger north west team may come in for him in the summer you never know

That was worth listening to then! .... tiger & the board according to KR have yet to assure him re mid and long term ambition. Im soooo reassured now :cautious:

He wants the supporters to turn up in numbers on saturday, yet hasnt confirmed he isnt going to walk, tell the supporters youre 100% staying KR, then you may get a response in additional numbers at the game?
After the past 3 games and the excellent football and some really entertaining footballers, shouldn't they expect additional numbers on Saturday?
If the fans dont bother turning up on Saturday do we deserve promotion?

I must be the only one reading this the other way, after Robbo's rambling on the radio Tuesday night where he sounded like he wanted to go. His attitude tonight was back to normal and sounded like the board have gave him reassurances which way the club are going. Why would he go on about the summer tour if he wasn't intending of being here?

Nathan Jones doesn’t want to come to this way so I’ve been told. We’ve plenty of money and ambition but I wouldn’t like to think what he was on money wise at stoke. In my opinion after us sacking Grayson, the next person that comes in has to be absolutely nailed on right
Nathan Jones is probably playing the long game. There’s a possibility of a vacancy at the mighty Oxford United. Of course hes going to bide his time.

I must be the only one reading this the other way, after Robbo's rambling on the radio Tuesday night where he sounded like he wanted to go. His attitude tonight was back to normal and sounded like the board have gave him reassurances which way the club are going. Why would he go on about the summer tour if he wasn't intending of being here?
I suppose if you want to take "I don't want a new contract"

Out of context it sounds pretty bad but when you complete the sentence with

"it's not about using the Blackpool contact as an excuse to increase my wage with a new contract" etc it sounds quite promising.

** I am paraphrasing what was said not direct quoting..**

Back
Top Bottom