January 2019 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, back to the topic.. we’re entering the final few days of a very important transfer window for the club. How are people feeling? Excited? Apprehensive? Do people think we’ll actually get an elusive striker or two through the door? Will Nelson be off?? It’s a big week ahead and hopefully an interesting one.

Regardless of the off field issues i've said all along you cannot judge Tiger or the management by this over hyped window !!

I don't think Nelson will go anywhere. Pre-contract agreement to leave in summer if anything. If there were any scouts at our games and they saw the majority of Nelson's performances lately then they would have a hard time convincing the manager of any club that he would help them out immediately (against payment as well).

As to the striker conundrum, we'll probably get a third-choice striker from the Championship with a record of one goal in four, or a cheap non-leaguer who will take ages to get up to speed, or a PL youngster. I doubt it'll be any left-field signings from Holland or Belgium or wherever.

Excited, not really. I think naff all will happen. A little resigned and also bricking it for the next 18 games. 18 cup finals as they say.

Regardless of the off field issues i've said all along you cannot judge Tiger or the management by this over hyped window !!
But people are judging Tiger and the management and they will for a long time, all that’s come from Tiger and the management so far has been bullshit and that isn’t just from this window

It seems logical that if we are going to sign a decent striker it has to be before the Barnsley match. Otherwise we will end up panic signing a donkey on the transfer deadline.

All this talk of the clubs holding on to their players until the end of the windows shouldn't wash now that we're in the last few days.

We'll be lucky to sign one striker, but if the club are serious about not ruining the club then two should be in place prior to the deadline passing.

I don't think Nelson will go anywhere. Pre-contract agreement to leave in summer if anything. If there were any scouts at our games and they saw the majority of Nelson's performances lately then they would have a hard time convincing the manager of any club that he would help them out immediately (against payment as well).

As to the striker conundrum, we'll probably get a third-choice striker from the Championship with a record of one goal in four, or a cheap non-leaguer who will take ages to get up to speed, or a PL youngster. I doubt it'll be any left-field signings from Holland or Belgium or wherever.

Excited, not really. I think naff all will happen. A little resigned and also bricking it for the next 18 games. 18 cup finals as they say.
Pretty much this. Nothing to get excited about. Bazzer to internally combust at 11:59pm Thursday.

Ive said all along that we wont sign anybody and the media utterings over the last few days, basically coming out and saying we have financial issues, convince me of that even more.

People saying we shouldnt judge tiger on this transfer window- what should we judge him on? The fibs, the broken promises and the unpaid tax?

Ive said all along that we wont sign anybody and the media utterings over the last few days, basically coming out and saying we have financial issues, convince me of that even more.

People saying we shouldnt judge tiger on this transfer window- what should we judge him on? The fibs, the broken promises and the unpaid tax?
No we will sign somebody. Will just be a deadline panic signing.

We’ve already signed three in this window.

Does this all feel like the simmer transfer window, we have a super striker,gin mind just have to wait, end up with a kid who can't cut it.
Just get someone who can score goals.

Easier said than done.

I don't think he can play for anyone else this season as he's played for FGR and Bolton.

Your quite right. My mistake! Same situation as Marvin Johnson. Except he didn’t return. Fair play to Doidge and getting goals again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom