January 2019 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t it be nice to derail Orient chances, and keep them in the Non Lge.
Would be nice but can’t see it happening, he’ll cost far too much for us. If we get anyone I reckon it’ll be another loan from a prem or champ academy

Would be nice but can’t see it happening, he’ll cost far too much for us. If we get anyone I reckon it’ll be another loan from a prem or champ academy
won't cost too much, Contract expires in summer. Probably looking at 150-300k

• React
Reactions: Ian
Just broke into the starting 11, so doubt they would.

Macaulay Bonne and James Norwood 2 names being thrown about.

Not hot on Norwood, not sure we should be ploughing significant money into a 28yo striker.

Bonne would also cost as has a longer contract with the chairman stating promotion is worth more

• React
Reactions: Ian
Not hot on Norwood, not sure we should be ploughing significant money into a 28yo striker.

Bonne would also cost as has a longer contract with the chairman stating promotion is worth more
Norwood’s contract is up in the summer so might not be loads + Tranmere have just agreed terms for a new ST so may be expecting him to leave.

Jeez this obsession with youth , 28 isn't old - anyway if he comes here all we want right now is goals and safety from relegation. I Don't care if he's a half a season wonder and bit duff next year (still would be a better squad player than Beeks and Smith lol) so long as we are in league 1 having built a stronger squad in the summer (with at least another 2 strikers added or youth teamers making the step up)

Last edited:
Didn't realise 28 was old.

This is the first season Norwood has scored consistently outside of the conference.

If we can get him cheap, he’s worth a punt. If we are shelling out for him, I don’t think that money is best spent on a player that is on the wrong side of the age curve.

Waiting by the phone like

View attachment 986
The funny thing is, the current style we play (hoof the ball up front to Mackie) would've suited midson down to the ground. He had great link up plauy as a cf. He was rather unfortunate that he played as a wideman in a front three that didn't suit his style. I guess some would say similar to hemmings, never saw the best of him because he was deployed in a system that never favoured his style.

Rhys Healey on loan from Cardiff as MK Dons are about to return him. Not sure about his current form, looks a bit like a slightly better Sam Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom