General Ivo Pekalski

In fairness Kelleher was identified by MApp and brought here as 'one for the future'. Would like to see him given a shot as defensive cover.

Fair enough, he was just the only example of a player signed on for us for a season who has not played a game I could think of.

Is it my imagination, or is the first poll anywhere that has been in favour compared to against?
surprised me the size of the % vote in favour

there again it is OM readers voting

OM readers, Swindon Advertiser readers, REading Chronicle readers.........
ah yes, tis easy to forget plastics n inbreds (with capabilities to operate a computer) can cast an opinion too! ...and maybe Mr Ranger himself &/or his agent have found a way to disable cookies & cast multiple 'yes' votes ? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

edit- its around a 70 % yes vote & 30% no vote in the OM readers poll at 1.30pm today

Robbo would be mad not to get him back training with the first team, with Carruthers and Baptiste injured along with him just finished playing in Sweden so should be sharp.

Of course he might be absolute shite, but i guess we are paying his (probably substantial) wages so they should at least see if he has anything to offer

Robbo would be mad not to get him back training with the first team, with Carruthers and Baptiste injured along with him just finished playing in Sweden so should be sharp.

Of course he might be absolute shite, but i guess we are paying his (probably substantial) wages so they should at least see if he has anything to offer
Saw Pekalski play in the one game he featured in (Oxford Senior cup v City at CPF) .... granted he only played for half or just over half of that game, and it was on Citys 4G playing surface too .... defensive midfield appeared to be where he was asked to play.

Agree, he should be match fit, and agree @jambon46 , that Pekalski should be training with the first team, with a view to , if he's deemed up to the job, at least a few first-team squad appearances..... maybe on the bench as an option on Tuesday in Gloucestershire?

if Pekalski doesnt fit in KRs long term plans, a few appearances, even from off the bench, would at least put him in the Jan tranfer shop window , we may even get a fee for him if another club feels he can do a job for them?

Saw Pekalski play in the one game he featured in (Oxford Senior cup v City at CPF) .... granted he only played for half or just over half of that game, and it was on Citys 4G playing surface too .... defensive midfield appeared to be where he was asked to play.

Agree, he should be match fit, and agree @jambon46 , that Pekalski should be training with the first team, with a view to , if he's deemed up to the job, at least a few first-team squad appearances..... maybe on the bench as an option on Tuesday in Gloucestershire?

if Pekalski doesnt fit in KRs long term plans, a few appearances, even from off the bench, would at least put him in the Jan tranfer shop window , we may even get a fee for him if another club feels he can do a job for them?

You were lucky to see him play Sarge! he would be an ideal candidate for Tuesday at least on the bench, with Hanson taking a while to settle he might be another option going forward (that's assuming he's any good)

Is it still a rule that you can only play for two clubs in a season? Meaning, if he were to play any first team game for Oxford, he’d be unable to play for anyone else until next season?

Is it still a rule that you can only play for two clubs in a season? Meaning, if he were to play any first team game for Oxford, he’d be unable to play for anyone else until next season?

I think it's three

Wouldn't have thought playing him would be any worse than playing Hanson while Baptiste is injured? But then maybe Heap should get a runout?
And actually I think our best midfield is probably a three of Ruffles, Mousinho & Brannagan.
It's a shame that Ruffs has to play at left back. In hindsight it was probably a mistake to release Freddie Grant & Miles Welch-Hayes, let alone Ricardinho.

We didn't release Ricardinho, he turned down the offer of a new contract.

Back
Top Bottom