International News Israel Palestine conflict

The BBC are one of many media organisations reporting this, including some Israeli ones, and many international organisations such as the UN or Amnesty have investigated and reported on such. So I'm confident what the BBC and many other organisations are reporting is true as this has been reported on over many years.

Also the settlements in West Bank have already been ruled illegal under international law. The theft of Palestinian land by the Israeli Govt is also fact as they announced it.

You can support Israel as is your choice. You asked the question so I just pointed that Israel is using violence, taking hostages or enabling/supporting settlers to steal land from Palestinians. The same as Hamas bar Hamas aren't helping Palestinian settlers steal Israeli land.

Love to know how the BBC manage to operate with all the biases they are supposed to have. :unsure:
I used to love the BBC, the programmes they used to make were top quality, unfortunately with a few exceptions it consists of game shows and light (very) entertainment, you seem knowledgeable so you don,t need me to tell you of a very left wing bias.

They continue to operate because of the licence fee which has just risen in cost again, I very rarely watch it but maybe you do.

Don,t believe everything you see and read, I make up my own informed decisions, imagine living in Russia, they back Putin In his special operation, perhaps it,s something they saw on TV.

I used to love the BBC, the programmes they used to make were top quality, unfortunately with a few exceptions it consists of game shows and light (very) entertainment, you seem knowledgeable so you don,t need me to tell you of a very left wing bias.

They continue to operate because of the licence fee which has just risen in cost again, I very rarely watch it but maybe you do.

Don,t believe everything you see and read, I make up my own informed decisions, imagine living in Russia, they back Putin In his special operation, perhaps it,s something they saw on TV.

Israel could provide safe passage to foreign journalists tomorrow that would enable a completely independent assessment to be carried out into the death and destruction in Gaza.

Why are they not allowing foreign press in?

Israel could provide safe passage to foreign journalists tomorrow that would enable a completely independent assessment to be carried out into the death and destruction in Gaza.

Why are they not allowing foreign press in?
Well yes they would witness death and destruction, it,s a war zone, I m not sure safety could be guaranteed currently but yes I agree it needs to happen when a ceasefire is in place.

With the huge amount of anti Israel propaganda weather it could be independent is open to question.
Most people would have already made there minds up, I expect you have already done so as have I.

Ah, the left wing bias nugget comes out......

I believe it on the basis that many media organisations worldwide, including some Israeli ones, are saying the same thing as are the International Organisations I mentioned and have done for years. Further that the settlements have been found to break international law and the Israeli Govt still support them.

It is absolutely nothing like Kremlin control of the Russian media. Or are you genuinely suggesting all these organisations worldwide are colluding and running a disinformation campaign against Israel for many years? And are you suggesting Israel isn't stealing Palestinian land in West Bank or that they provide military support to settlers even though this Israeli Govt have announced policies and funding that do exactly that?

• React
Reactions: QR

I know this will come as something of a surprise to you, but you might want to know that the BBC also has a news channel and a number of radio stations that don't churn out a diet of light entertainment and game shows, including the World Service, which plays a major part in delivering news to countries throughout the world that don't have a free press.

Still, I guess GB News have interesting viewpoint on this conflict and I'm sure you are utilising a wide range of international news sources.

Last edited:
Ah, the left wing bias nugget comes out......

I believe it on the basis that many media organisations worldwide, including some Israeli ones, are saying the same thing as are the International Organisations I mentioned and have done for years. Further that the settlements have been found to break international law and the Israeli Govt still support them.

It is absolutely nothing like Kremlin control of the Russian media. Or are you genuinely suggesting all these organisations worldwide are colluding and running a disinformation campaign against Israel for many years? And are you suggesting Israel isn't stealing Palestinian land in West Bank or that they provide military support to settlers even though this Israeli Govt have announced policies and funding that do exactly that?
In my opinion the whole world currently has a left wing bias, we are not allowed to say anything in case we upset someone, people lose there job particularly in the media if they step out of line, we won,t be allowed to have a reasoned debate on here in case we upset each other.

We are not as far from Russian media control as you might think, it,s quite scary.

History will tell us who,s viewpoint is correct so let,s agree no point in arguing about it here it s good that people have differing views, I don,t agree with yours but I do respect them.

Well yes they would witness death and destruction, it,s a war zone, I m not sure safety could be guaranteed currently but yes I agree it needs to happen when a ceasefire is in place.

With the huge amount of anti Israel propaganda weather it could be independent is open to question.
Most people would have already made there minds up, I expect you have already done so as have I.

There is so much more pro-Israel propaganda, and some of that is also fuelled by islamiphobic thinking unfortunately.

I have looked to gather information from numerous different sources, many of whom come from a completely unbiased and humanitian position. And they are the ones documenting war crimes against Israel as well as raising fears that an entire population is on the brink of deliberately targeted starvation and that amounts to genocide.

For balance, I have also seem footage of the events of October 7th as well as reading the accounts of those who were involved and survived on the day or were subsequently captured from Hamas. The actions of Hamas were barbaric and disgusting. I condemn these events today as I did 6 months ago, and those directly involved in these atrocities deserve everything that they get.

However, tens of thousands of innocent women and children have been slaughtered in retaliation. Not a single one of these was responsible for the atrocities. Many were simply too young to even understand what was happening, others were oppressed under the Hamas regime and in no way supported their actions. Yet they have been bombed, shot in the street and deprived of medical care, water and food.

That is not evidence of a warzone, it's evidence of genocide. You may find that easy to ignore, but I can't, and I couldn't no matter which country was involved or which religion they followed.

Hum. This would suggest you are very right wing by definition.
Lol, good thinking, you know they say opposites attract, we could be best mates?

Funnily enough for most of my life I was very Pro Labour but as I have got older I have changed, the old Labour had all the brains but that,s not the case anymore.

That,s a debate for another day, don,t want any more bashing on here today.

Lets face it, the Middle East is a mess that we try and place Western "values" on.

That will never be the case. There is too much history much of which we do not truly understand.

Ironic that when a Middle East state has a strong leader who DOES understand tribal/religious influence the West call them a "dictator" and arrange their removal.
The decision to go to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were absolutely nonsensical to me.

Will never forgive Blair and Campbell for backing that.

I prefer democracy, but do we have a right to impose our value system on these countries? I don't think so. We basically did the same with colonialism, thinking we were civilising savages. It's not our place to get involved.

Lol, good thinking, you know they say opposites attract, we could be best mates?

Funnily enough for most of my life I was very Pro Labour but as I have got older I have changed, the old Labour had all the brains but that,s not the case anymore.

That,s a debate for another day, don,t want any more bashing on here today.
I’ll tell you what, you’re spot on, 14 years of left wing rule in the UK is doing my head in and as for those bloody commies in the US…..

The decision to go to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were absolutely nonsensical to me.

Will never forgive Blair and Campbell for backing that.

I prefer democracy, but do we have a right to impose our value system on these countries? I don't think so. We basically did the same with colonialism, thinking we were civilising savages. It's not our place to get
I marched against the war but I didn't kid myself that if Blair hadn't have supported it it wouldn't have happened.

Last edited:
I prefer democracy, but do we have a right to impose our value system on these countries? I don't think so. We basically did the same with colonialism, thinking we were civilising savages. It's not our place to get involved.

I can't think of many parts of the world (apart from the Israeli Government and a small corner of Yellows Forum) that are at best indifferent to the violent deaths of tens of thousands of civilians including well over ten thousand children

No. Shields are things that stop things from happening. What you are describing therefore is not a shield; it's an excuse for the cold blooded murder of innocence women and children. Open your fkg eyes!!!
Geneva convention in relation to the use of 'human shields': 'The presence or movements of the civilian population or individual civilians shall not be used to render certain points or areas immune from military operations, in particular in attempts to shield military objectives from attacks or to shield, favour or impede military operations.'

I marched against the war but I didn't kid myself that if Blair hadn't have supported it it wouldn't have happened.
That's a willful misinterpretation of what I was saying. Bush and America was dead set on war, of course it would have happened, but Britain needn't have joined them.

I can't think of many parts of the world (apart from the Israeli Government and a small corner of Yellows Forum) that are at best indifferent to the violent deaths of tens of thousands of civilians including well over ten thousand children
Are you suggesting I'm indifferent to these deaths? Obviously I'm not. My reply was based on what Essex wrote.

Britain can't wash its hands with this because of the specific history of British Palestine and Israel. But I agree with Essex about trying to impose western values on places being wrong.

Look at Haiti right now, it's an absolute clusterfuck, and innocent people are dying. That is a travesty but we don't have the right to go and try and impose a new system.

I doubt Hamas had any expectations of victory. It's a cynical recruitment tool. Thousands more will now want avenge the death of family members.
I agree. What's happening now is exactly what Hamas wanted to happen.

In my view, Israel had no choice. Do nothing and you look weak to not just your enemies, but also to the Israeli public. Hamas knew this.

For those berating the BBC I suggest you watch "The Darkest Days - Israel-Gaza Six months on".

It will also educate people as to why any form of peace/ceasefire is only going to be very short lived.

For those comparing it to Northern Ireland it is absolutely poles apart due to sheer volume of innocent people dying.