HMRC?

This is my first post on this forum. I originally joined to have some lighthearted banter with fellow Oxford fans. But woke up this morning to read more embarrassing news coming out of Our club. Now fans on here seem more interested in getting personal digs in more then the real question. What as fans can we do to save our club. People can say I'm being over dramatic but I do hope I'm wrong. I don't no the politics of the club or oxvox as I'm just a fan of the club. But neither have come out of this with flying colours. So please as a worried fan that doesn't get involved with the politics of the club or the wrongs or rights of oxvox. What is going on?

If things were really desperate though wouldn’t both Nelson and Whyte have been shifted on by now?

I reckon there is some money floating round - we are of course bringing players in - but the communication between layers of management and then on to fans is simply abysmal.

We need a person running the shop day to day. I see no evidence that Mr McWilliams is that man.

Robbo seems to be the only mouthpiece for the club - which makes things er... wild and woolly to put it mildly..

Will just leave this here:

"When asked about Zaki and his closer involvement in the club Tiger suggested he would be in close contact with Niall but also would be more involved in the financial side of the club as per his background. Zaki is already involved more on a day to day basis as he lives within an hour of Oxford and we expect this involvement to continue and develop".

So last time people started asking questions about tax issue, they came out at the fans forum and said it would be sorted imminently. Then several weeks later it turned out they hadn’t sorted it at all, and people aggressively went for them, at which point they then came out and went “This time we REALLY sorted it, sorry about that!” But now it appears that actually they perhaps still hadn’t sorted it at all, despite saying for a second time that they had? Is it fair to assume that within that second statement of sorting it, they still weren’t being truthful? It certainly seems so.

I don’t know how much more we all need to see before we realise where this is all going. I’ve always enjoyed giving Charlie boy a good dig in the ribs, especially when I’ve known he was being a naughty fibber about certain things, but I was firmly in the Sartori camp at the time. He’s a legitimate businessman and with Stewart involved day to day, a lifelong supporter who had already gone above and beyond on multiple occasions financially, I felt that regardless of success the club would be safe and looked after. When that deal went away I was gutted, to be frank, and now I look at this complete shambles and feel even worse. The Sunderland gang may not have bankrolled us to immediate promotion (although who knows, maybe they would) but they certainly would have stabilised us. We’d finished what, eighth in the division when they tried to complete the purchase? We were already competitive. Now look at the absolute state of it all.

Just as damaging in other ways as the financial issues are the communication ones. It’s just total radio silence from everybody, all the time. No figurehead, no front person of the club engaging people, just bland and soulless appearances once every six months at best where all we hear is “we can’t say presently” or “we’ll come back to you”. Even when we won the most consecutive home league games we’d managed for something like 25 years, the stadium was flat as a pancake every single game. Even when it’s gone well on the pitch, albeit briefly, it didn’t lift anybody, because frankly the entire club is shot to s**t and 95% of the people turning up are doing so out of habit, and feeling as though they should, not because they have an urge to go. Everybody feels how rotten the entire thing is.

The question is, at what point do we collectively decide to do something about it? Where’s the tipping point? Because it’s been such a disaster on and off the pitch all season as it is, so I’m not sure at what point everyone is going to go, “Sod this, the club is dying again, let’s boot off.” If our supporters trust is even saying they’re satisfied with everything after talking to the owner, what hope do we have if barely two weeks after that happens we find out they weren’t even being completely straight?

They’ve done nothing but lie and ignore every single supporter from day one, and I don’t know why every last person hasn’t had enough by now. What are we waiting for?

It’s not just a question of when to do something, but what to do?

When your owner is as enigmatic and invisible as Tiger, how do you make someone like that see sense? What’s their agenda here? All of us to a man and woman have zero idea what the plan is. It’s secretive and hidden. I could see your first port of call in a formal protest outside the ground going barely noticed by Tiger as he won’t be around to witness the ill feeling.

I knew when Tiger came in that he was certainly no wealthier than DE. Nevertheless, benefit of the doubt and all that. There’s been interest piqued with his wealthy mates coming on board but the lack of any form of clarity or statement on anything of note. The HMRC episodes have eradicated any credit in his favour though. £100k on Mark Sykes is meaningless if your club could be punted out the entire FL come the end of the season.

Some have suggested that Tiger micromanages hence why the likes of NM come out with such flat-bat responses like ‘we’ll get back to you’. Personally, I don’t think he manages or delegates at all and hence his minions just don’t have the confidence to speak on his behalf. He leaves them to get on with it which zero direction. If you’re not going to be here enough to manage your estate, have a consigliere who you trust to do the right thing with your money to do it. NM could be that person – he’s approachable and has a wealth of management experience albeit in a school setting – but he’s hardly being given much instruction nor the tools to do it.

IL had KT in the past and DE had MAsh. Those did go sour in the end, but they did at the time allow for stability. Running a football club based on occasional visits from Bangkok is a hopeless task unless you delegate.

Thanks to Paul for the Oxvox update. I hope we can start to really nail down the ownership and their intentions after seemingly making progress re: 6th January update.

We dealt with the Gavin Whyte issue swiftly and correctly whilst hearing nothing on HMRC...this highlights where the issues lie.

So it IS true another fine mess. Late payments are always frowned upon!

I wonder what the club's credit rating is!?

Our Credit rating had been 12 out of 100 (or less) for many years, and had a rating of very high risk. Recommended monthly credit was £0.
Since the 2 new Board Members joined towards the end of last year, our rating has gone up to 49 out of 100, has a suggested monthly credit limit of £23,500, and is described as moderate risk. This has been maintained despite the winding up petitions.
Ironically quite a healthy rating actually.

Last edited:
Our Credit rating had been 12 out of 100 (or less) for many years, and had a rating of very high risk. Recommended monthly credit was £0.
Since the 2 new Board Members joined towards the end of next year, our rating has gone up to 49 out of 100, has a suggested monthly credit limit of £23,500, and is described as moderate risk. This has been maintained despite the winding up petitions.
Ironically quite a healthy rating actually.

Dun & Brad ? :)

So last time people started asking questions about tax issue, they came out at the fans forum and said it would be sorted imminently. Then several weeks later it turned out they hadn’t sorted it at all, and people aggressively went for them, at which point they then came out and went “This time we REALLY sorted it, sorry about that!” But now it appears that actually they perhaps still hadn’t sorted it at all, despite saying for a second time that they had? Is it fair to assume that within that second statement of sorting it, they still weren’t being truthful? It certainly seems so.

I don’t know how much more we all need to see before we realise where this is all going. I’ve always enjoyed giving Charlie boy a good dig in the ribs, especially when I’ve known he was being a naughty fibber about certain things, but I was firmly in the Sartori camp at the time. He’s a legitimate businessman and with Stewart involved day to day, a lifelong supporter who had already gone above and beyond on multiple occasions financially, I felt that regardless of success the club would be safe and looked after. When that deal went away I was gutted, to be frank, and now I look at this complete shambles and feel even worse. The Sunderland gang may not have bankrolled us to immediate promotion (although who knows, maybe they would) but they certainly would have stabilised us. We’d finished what, eighth in the division when they tried to complete the purchase? We were already competitive. Now look at the absolute state of it all.

Just as damaging in other ways as the financial issues are the communication ones. It’s just total radio silence from everybody, all the time. No figurehead, no front person of the club engaging people, just bland and soulless appearances once every six months at best where all we hear is “we can’t say presently” or “we’ll come back to you”. Even when we won the most consecutive home league games we’d managed for something like 25 years, the stadium was flat as a pancake every single game. Even when it’s gone well on the pitch, albeit briefly, it didn’t lift anybody, because frankly the entire club is shot to s**t and 95% of the people turning up are doing so out of habit, and feeling as though they should, not because they have an urge to go. Everybody feels how rotten the entire thing is.

The question is, at what point do we collectively decide to do something about it? Where’s the tipping point? Because it’s been such a disaster on and off the pitch all season as it is, so I’m not sure at what point everyone is going to go, “Sod this, the club is dying again, let’s boot off.” If our supporters trust is even saying they’re satisfied with everything after talking to the owner, what hope do we have if barely two weeks after that happens we find out they weren’t even being completely straight?

They’ve done nothing but lie and ignore every single supporter from day one, and I don’t know why every last person hasn’t had enough by now. What are we waiting for?
I’d say that one of Robinson’s roles when he was appointed, was to be the figurehead/focal point of the club with the fans. Tiger and Robinson probably thought he has the personality to carry that off - starting with his first RO phone-in on the Friday evening after he was appointed. Unfortunately, like a dodgy politician, that’s not worked out too well..

This really is a disgraceful state of affairs.

To make the mistake once was bad enough. The second time was shameful. To get in the same position again for a 3rd time in a year, and 2nd month in a row, after the assurances that were given, is totally unacceptable.

Is it any wonder that we have underperforming players, if they have concerns over the club's finances and potential risks to their pay?

There is no valid excuse for this.

What is the point of Tiger? What is the point of the other very wealthy board members?

OxVox need to step up big time here.

Well Tiger did say that he didn't think it would happen again.

It wasn't a firm commitment or anything.

I can't wait for Tiger's notes in the programme on Saturday. At least he has a few days to come up with an excuse like his dog ate the reminder letter.

This really is a disgraceful state of affairs.

To make the mistake once was bad enough. The second time was shameful. To get in the same position again for a 3rd time in a year, and 2nd month in a row, after the assurances that were given, is totally unacceptable.

Is it any wonder that we have underperforming players, if they have concerns over the club's finances and potential risks to their pay?

There is no valid excuse for this.

What is the point of Tiger? What is the point of the other very wealthy board members?

OxVox need to step up big time here.
But what are Oxvox going to step up and do?
Demanding answers is getting nowhere.

Are we at a stage of Blackpool / Charlton fan protests yet, demanding that Tiger puts the club up for sale if he can't afford to run it?

But what are Oxvox going to step up and do?
Demanding answers is getting nowhere.

Are we at a stage of Blackpool / Charlton fan protests yet, demanding that Tiger puts the club up for sale if he can't afford to run it?

I think we are close to it. Part of me would love to know what Robinson thinks of it all considering he was in charge of Charlton when they were getting royally screwed over by their owner.

I'd suggest that even by OUFC's standards it would be a PR disaster if they tried to brush this under the carpet and not even mention it!

I think we can all write it ourselves:

"We were a couple of days late paying the HMRC bill this month - but supporters should not be concerned. It is as a result of putting in new procedures to ensure the timely paying of such expenses in the future and there was a small hiccup. That has now been corrected and supporters can be assured that it will never ever happen again. Probably. On an unrelated note, please bring several friends to the Portsmouth and Sunderland games, buy a half season ticket, replica shirts are now half price and if you see a bucket by the turnstiles please feel free to donate all your change to this weeks's deserving cause. #BrightFuture #Believe #KeepSwallowingThisGuff.

CW Tiger"

Absolutley fucked off by DE, Tiger, Nial and others. I asked the question at the Forum after the 1st winding up order and was made to feel small and like some sort of fool by their dismisal of the HMRC problem as being administrative. It's clearly not.

The club havent got a penny to put in a P**s pot and we fans need to put the pressure on now and I commend OxVOx for trying today. It's time the local press started getting into the story properly.

Total bloody pisstake of us fans, lack of respect and any sort of empathy by the board for the clubs fans and supporters.

Back
Top Bottom