Glasgow Rangers friendly

Well that was easy to get a bite.

As for your point about Waghorn, you say he couldn't cut it in Scotland yet then went to a higher standard of football and is now a premier league player. In what way did he not cut it in Scotland?

He wasnt great for us. Hence the reason we let him go but hes holding his own in the championship. If spl was so bad hed have pissed all over it. Which he didnt

Booked for a night out in Brum on the 6th, looks like a relatively early night and then a long drive north before heading back after the game. I’ve been to Ibrox a few times watching the hoops but my lads first visit. Mrs has forbade wearing my green and white shirts unfortunately.......

What a pile of shite at the end there, why would you think about wearing green & grey top for Gers v Oxford? Next time you watch your beloved hoops sure to wear poppies as in your avatar. I'll stick a few full stops in the end also for effect.........

Direct flights from East Mids are (currently) cheap leaving Friday returning Monday. £78 return with just a cabin bag. Sadly I`m already booked for something else that weekend. ? :cry:
glasgow.JPG

Flying from Luton 8am Saturday morning. Room Saturday night and match ticket, £186 all in! Decent!

It will not be a big crowd, doubt it will even be half full

A half full Ibrox will still probably be the biggest crowd we play in front of next season. You need to get over yourself a bit. Just because you've been to see a million or so OF games, 99.9% of oxford fans will view this is a chance to see their team play at a great (historic) stadium in front a larger than normal crowd.

I think you might be wrong.

Be nice to be wrong about it but doubt it as we are of no interest up there and the big crowd last year against Bury was because Stevie G had just taken over.

A half full Ibrox will still probably be the biggest crowd we play in front of next season. You need to get over yourself a bit. Just because you've been to see a million or so OF games, 99.9% of oxford fans will view this is a chance to see their team play at a great (historic) stadium in front a larger than normal crowd.

Hope you enjoy yourself, not sure why I need to get over myself due to setting the right expectations on the size of the crowd!

Many are very disappointed with the choice of games at Ibrox.
I’ve been quite surprised at your attitude to this game. You’re clearly a passionate supporter of both clubs, and friendly or not, it’s a fixture that is so unlikely to happen in other circumstances that it may as well be called impossible. It’s a wonderful opportunity, particularly for you and any other true fans of both clubs, to see something that just won’t happen in any other way.

Perhaps it’s a case of not wanting your wife to meet your girlfriend ;)

Pretty much agree with that, it should be great weekend for fans to enjoy. Don't normally bother with friendlies but did go to Bury last year as Stevie G first game, the Bury fans I saw had great time mingling with bluenoses, however the Wigan game (which I didn't go to) there was trouble in town when Wigan lads (along with Airdrie) came unstuck after trying to attack a Rangers pub. Guess it depends what attitude you come up with as in Glasgow that's what it'll come down to.

I’ve been quite surprised at your attitude to this game. You’re clearly a passionate supporter of both clubs, and friendly or not, it’s a fixture that is so unlikely to happen in other circumstances that it may as well be called impossible. It’s a wonderful opportunity, particularly for you and any other true fans of both clubs, to see something that just won’t happen in any other way.

Perhaps it’s a case of not wanting your wife to meet your girlfriend ;)

I have a long love affair with both clubs, I just cannot stand pre season friendlies. I hope those going enjoy their trip.

And thankfully I have not seen my ex wife for about 5 years :D

Back
Top Bottom