League One Gillingham - Paul Scally's letter to the fans

To make life easier, just have the one thread per match, pre, during, post, and let threads die naturally.

Also, maybe let threads just develop as they do. Can often be more interesting than the original intent.

Just trying to help. [emoji6]

Disagree. The old rules were a match day thread couldn’t start until the day before. I often find interesting stories about opponents and injury news from their local
News pages. And think it is worth sharing.

Disagree. The old rules were a match day thread couldn’t start until the day before. I often find interesting stories about opponents and injury news from their local
Well ... it used to be superstition not rules. Starting a match day thread on the wrong day with the wrong arrangement of +++ was frowned on by the gods, not the mods!

Controlling this forum to keep it tidy is almost a ful-time job. The amount of s*g*r we mods have to read, including all incoming complaints, is mind-bending. But we do our best to try and keep it tidy.

Having a different opinion is fine, good actually. Keeps conversations going. Being rude or racist is a definate no-no.

Also thread that go off course annoy me personally but I know that I am also guilty of doing the same. So I will wait quite a time in the hope that threads get back on course. And then I use my powers!

But generally you're a nice bunch.
You do a fantastic job guys. I think we’d be lost without a fix from this forum. Thanx one n all.

So just relax the rule and let the match thread be started whenever yourself, or anyone, has something relevant to it to post.
I'm sure the thread won't get lost.

Controlling this forum to keep it tidy is almost a ful-time job. The amount of s*g*r we mods have to read, including all incoming complaints, is mind-bending. But we do our best to try and keep it tidy.

Having a different opinion is fine, good actually. Keeps conversations going. Being rude or racist is a definate no-no.

Also thread that go off course annoy me personally but I know that I am also guilty of doing the same. So I will wait quite a time in the hope that threads get back on course. And then I use my powers!

But generally you're a nice bunch.
With rare exceptions we are respectful of each other’s views whether we agree with them or not. A forum such as this is what differing opinions are about. Frequently someone makes a good point that I’ve not considered. We all support a common cause and in the main debate constructively. As for Twitter, I’d never go near it.

So just relax the rule and let the match thread be started whenever yourself, or anyone, has something relevant to it to post.
I'm sure the thread won't get lost.
Maybe just open the next match thread as soon as the previous match is over?

• React
Reactions: ljs
Anybody can start a Match day build-up thread. I'll correct any errors in the title formatting and make sure it closes early on match day.

Anybody can start a Match day build-up thread. I'll correct any errors in the title formatting and make sure it closes early on match day.
This thread has gone off course ........
Back to Mr Scally's letter, it is too long for me to read. Did he say anything about his lovely polite manager Mr Evans.

• Haha
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom