League One Steve Evans - Gillingham manager

Graham Westley's column in the Football League Paper the other week was all about how he hadn't been offered another job in management despite his amazing record.

I think all football club owners can see that he has one style of play, which is physical, and whilst it can get you out of non-league, it doesn't get you much further.

Perhaps one for Eastleigh if and when S Donald returns?

Are you sure? You wouldn't be able to un-see it...

Go on then, I’ll wheel out the Tisdale quote I love more than my own children.

“How do you make players feel they can beat anybody? That’s why I wore a cravat for six months.”

“I said to the players, “When I’m stood there, looking down the touchline twenty yards away, and the other manager’s got his tracksuit tucked into his socks, I’m one-nil up. How are you going to be one-nil up before you start?””

“”How are you going to be feeling in that crappy tunnel? Well, the other team will be p***ed off coming out of their dressing room, because it is damp and tiny.”

“They might be four inches taller than you, but you’ll stand alongside them and know the manager’s got his cravat on.”

“I’ll go out early and be stood in that technical area, with my silk scarf, feeling the b******s. When you walk out, you’ll look at me, and know if I feel it, then you’ll feel the nuts too”.

“How do you make players feel they can beat anybody? That’s why I wore a cravat for six months.”

“I said to the players, “When I’m stood there, looking down the touchline twenty yards away, and the other manager’s got his tracksuit tucked into his socks, I’m one-nil up. How are you going to be one-nil up before you start?””

“”How are you going to be feeling in that crappy tunnel? Well, the other team will be p***ed off coming out of their dressing room, because it is damp and tiny.”

“They might be four inches taller than you, but you’ll stand alongside them and know the manager’s got his cravat on.”

“I’ll go out early and be stood in that technical area, with my silk scarf, feeling the b******s. When you walk out, you’ll look at me, and know if I feel it, then you’ll feel the nuts too”.
Is that real?

I wonder if his Ted Baker endorsements are still going? It’s funny, some managers are only good with one club, but he played good football and I thought his skills would be transferable. Maybe he’ll bounce back.

Is that real?

I wonder if his Ted Baker endorsements are still going? It’s funny, some managers are only good with one club, but he played good football and I thought his skills would be transferable. Maybe he’ll bounce back.

I think Steve Perryman was very important as Director of Football at Exeter for him and without him, he just isn't the same.

Is that real?

It is indeed.

https://www.whoateallthepies.tv/kit...houghts-on-looking-stylish-in-the-dugout.html

I reckon the cravat was his equivalent of Samson’s hair.

96848021-2044-4FB1-8178-58237B87657A.jpeg

0f34b0cf6a60c448d0d28518d9760b6c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom