Getting the crowds back in

I should imagine the brain dead morons being referred to are those that fill the pubs and attend houseparties illegal raves and the ones happily attending demonstrations against the wearing of masks. Those going to work should be able to carry out the basic self preservation techniques of hand washing, distancing and coughing into a tissue without problems as can those going shopping. As for reviewing the possibility of crowds attending sporting events I would have thought the latest lockdown measures of only 6 per social gathering would have provided the answer without the need to spend millions on a review.
Should the death rate rise over the next couple of weeks and that is the key figure in my view, we could see harsher measures bought back or at least an increase in the number of fines being handed out.

I should imagine the brain dead morons being referred to are those that fill the pubs and attend houseparties illegal raves and the ones happily attending demonstrations against the wearing of masks. Those going to work should be able to carry out the basic self preservation techniques of hand washing, distancing and coughing into a tissue without problems as can those going shopping. As for reviewing the possibility of crowds attending sporting events I would have thought the latest lockdown measures of only 6 per social gathering would have provided the answer without the need to spend millions on a review.
Should the death rate rise over the next couple of weeks and that is the key figure in my view, we could see harsher measures bought back or at least an increase in the number of fines being handed out.

Those that fill pubs (where landlords allow them to fill btw) are contributing to the economy as per the encouragement from the government - see August for the example.

As for illegal raves and parties that are apparently taking place, I tend to agree that more control should be taken by those choosing to make those decisions to attend.

That said, until the government gets a grip on those with respiratory health conditions and the elderly - still the demographics with the highest death rate, then I can’t help but feel those ‘ravers’ are being made to be a little scapegoat in a big pool of mis-management.

Meanwhile, an extinction rebellion took place in a town near me on Saturday, where children and young adults were protesting with no PPE in place at all...I guess that doesn’t fit with the media’s wider agenda though.

Let those that are low risk of Covid make their own decisions on whether to attend matches, meanwhile doing everything possible to safeguard the vulnerable.

Those that fill pubs (where landlords allow them to fill btw) are contributing to the economy as per the encouragement from the government - see August for the example.

As for illegal raves and parties that are apparently taking place, I tend to agree that more control should be taken by those choosing to make those decisions to attend.

That said, until the government gets a grip on those with respiratory health conditions and the elderly - still the demographics with the highest death rate, then I can’t help but feel those ‘ravers’ are being made to be a little scapegoat in a big pool of mis-management.

Meanwhile, an extinction rebellion took place in a town near me on Saturday, where children and young adults were protesting with no PPE in place at all...I guess that doesn’t fit with the media’s wider agenda though.

Let those that are low risk of Covid make their own decisions on whether to attend matches, meanwhile doing everything possible to safeguard the vulnerable.

I’ve read this three times and still can’t work out who the new player is.

The media’s wider agenda?

I made a decision sometime ago to not get involved in the political side of discussions on this forum but, I cannot let this go without saying something.

Being "low risk" does not mean zero risk. It does not mean that low risk is not infectious. It does not mean that being "low risk" allows carte blanche with regard to activities, meeting others etc.
And just what gives anyone the right to "lockdown" all those deemed to be at risk while everyone else goes out for a good time?
I am over 50 and therefore lumped into an at risk category and yet being responsible, I take precautions when going out. I wear a mask when entering premises, I wash my hands regularly, I use hand sanitisers and observe social distancing, all things that I see being regularly ignored by those in the "low risk" category. Which. to my mind, makes them "high risk" - high risk to me!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Spot on Mr Lounger

Winds me up no end that in supermarkets the only people that ignore the mask wearing or social distancing are those deemed "low risk" not a care in the world. If they get asked to wear a face covering all you get back is a load of abuse or its all scaremongering or what virus.

Exactly. The point is not how ill you will get if you contract the virus, it is how ill the person you might give the virus *to* might get.

And that is the same whether you are a 50-something who is prepared to take the risk or a 20-something who considers themselves invulnerable. 50-somethings have partners and parents who might/will be vulnerable, 20-somethings will have grandparents, uni tutors, older family members etc. To ignore that is just selfish and what's more will prolong the distancing/mask wearing/lack of social events that such people are the ones moaning about!

Will I be going to matches as soon as I can despite being asthmatic and not in the first flush of youth? Depends on the state of the virus generally and the safety precautions in the stadium specifically, but I'd certainly like to.

Can you only stream tomorrow’s game via iFollow? e.g. via laptop/HDMI cable/TV?

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the EFL were doing a deal with Sky, but could be wrong.

Can you only stream tomorrow’s game via iFollow? e.g. via laptop/HDMI cable/TV?

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the EFL were doing a deal with Sky, but could be wrong.

The FL do have a TV deal with Sky, but I don't remember any alternative to iFollow being mentioned.

Has anyone else filled the bubble survey in, received no confirmation and then had a text telling them that deadline is tonight at 5? Wondering if mine never went through.

Has anyone else filled the bubble survey in, received no confirmation and then had a text telling them that deadline is tonight at 5? Wondering if mine never went through.

Yep, exactly the same here.

Apologies for the doom and gloom but looking at how things are currently, would say there's more chance of the season being cancelled than fans being allowed back in before the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom