Getting the crowds back in

It will be interesting to see how they cope with supporters who are coming *from* an affected area even if the stadium isn't!

Some people would be sensible enough not to go, others....

Well this is why they are planning on social distancing...there's no ban on people moving around the country and flooding into shopping centres like The Westgate (which was jam packed again last week) or going on holiday so why should football stadiums be treated differently when it will be safer?

Well this is why they are planning on social distancing...there's no ban on people moving around the country and flooding into shopping centres like The Westgate (which was jam packed again last week) or going on holiday so why should football stadiums be treated differently when it will be safer?
Good point.

Are we also going to get as many youth teamers, sponsors and family as we possibly can too, like Lincoln did?

No 1000 test crowd for us this Saturday then, club intends to use the Crewe game at the start of October for it.

Reading the chairman’s notes for the Watford game he says hold on to your season tickets. Has anyone received theirs ?

Reading the chairman’s notes for the Watford game he says hold on to your season tickets. Has anyone received theirs ?
Not yet. It would be good if the club could send them out now the season has started although, given that we can't used them yet, I suppose it doesn't matter. I think when/if we are allowed to com back they are sending us e-tickets anyway so we know which seat/stand we are in.

Not yet. It would be good if the club could send them out now the season has started although, given that we can't used them yet, I suppose it doesn't matter. I think when/if we are allowed to com back they are sending us e-tickets anyway so we know which seat/stand we are in.
they did announce that the physical cards had been delayed. initially there would be either temporary cards or ecards for smartphone (there was an option to choose which in the return survey from memory).

the whole set of rules for "elite sports" are different and ridiculous. The Westgate could just re-open after considering impact and mitigating risks internally.
"elite sports" have to make plans that include "Zone Ex" - "the external zone (also known as ‘the last mile’) which lies immediately beyond the outer perimeter of the sports ground, consisting of a network of routes or areas, often leading to transport hubs, and whose management is considered key to the safe and secure arrival and departure of spectators. "

This means that amongst other things they have to come up with a transport plan that includes "the capacity of local public transport systems (service frequency and transport hub size/configuration), including a requirement to liaise with local and national transport providers to increase service frequency, where needed", and " Integration with the spectator communications plan to provide spectators with options to walk, run or cycle to the competition venue and communicate any local environmental initiatives".

They also have to plan to "minimise public gatherings outside of the event footprint, such as in visiting local pubs"

I might just drive down from Leicester, park at my sisters in BB Leys, pop to the Bird and then the ground.

Ringing my plague bell all the way............................. :LOL::LOL:
1600257190671.png

matches chosen for the pilot this w/e:

Championship

• Luton Town v Derby County
  • Middlesbrough v AFC Bournemouth
  • Norwich City v Preston North End
League One

• Blackpool v Swindon Town
  • Charlton Athletic v Doncaster Rovers
  • Hull City v Crewe Alexandra
  • Shrewsbury Town v Northampton Town
League Two

• Carlisle United v Southend United
  • Forest Green Rovers v Bradford City
  • Morecambe v Cambridge United

I saw that the Tranmere Chairman said that all clubs were invited. He said that they received an email from the EFL at 11.22am yesterday and had to confirm they would everything in place (Police etc) by 2pm so given about 2.5 hours to organise that

Surprised any club can make that committment in such as short time

I saw that the Tranmere Chairman said that all clubs were invited. He said that they received an email from the EFL at 11.22am yesterday and had to confirm they would everything in place (Police etc) by 2pm so given about 2.5 hours to organise that

You would have thought they would have been ahead of the game having thought about it over the last few weeks or so.

And with that, Luton have just pulled out for that exact reason. Crazy deadlines from the EFL.

You would have thought they would have been ahead of the game having thought about it over the last few weeks or so.

They were. But they weren’t planning for this weekend. So any club who has decided to go ahead has made a decision that that could bring their planning forward.

I`m guessing some of these test events will be impacted by the changes in the North East & North West?
Seems some outbreaks have been directly linked to attending amateur sports events as spectators.

Seems some outbreaks have been directly linked to attending amateur sports events as spectators.

Not surprised. Disappointingly, I've seen tons of pictures and videos on Twitter of people at grassroots level not give a damn about social distancing and when they're called out on it, they usually respond with hostility.

What they don't seem to comprehend is that such behaviour could lead to more cases, and in turn, less football for them - whether it's fans accessing games or even games being played. You have to think that, when the government look at ways of cutting transmission rates, allowing 22 untested people to play a contact sport may be one of the things they look at.

Tl;dr - wise up dummies, it's not hard. ?‍♂️

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom