Matches 3 10K Crowds in 8 days

I reckon that Lincoln will bring 700 to 800.
We should be what around 9000?
It looks like it will be fairly close but without a lit of walk ups on the day it looks a little unlikely that we will do the 3 10ks in a way.

If its not raining or really cold (or both) theres likely to be more than a few walkups on boxing day I'd think? ...reckon itll just shade the wycombe attendance last sat with the on the day walk ups

If its not raining or really cold (or both) theres likely to be more than a few walkups on boxing day I'd think? ...reckon itll just shade the wycombe attendance last sat with the on the day walk ups
Hope that you are right Sarge

I imagine family’s will get together Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and decide to go. With print at home tickets available it is easy to arrange last minute.
I think we will be over the 10k Mark.

Not looking good for match day, 50% chance of rain although for this time of year not cold according to the Met Office.

I concur with The Curragh's figures and have us at just over 200 sold so far today, which puts us about 1,300 ahead of the same period before Wycombe. I would expect 800/1,000 from Lincoln so we need another 350/550 to reach 10,000. I would expect us to do it with a bit to spare, even if they only bring 800.

Home sales are up to an estimated 8,800 at 12.30pm on Christmas Eve. 156 have sold since 3.30pm yesterday.

There are 1505 seats left in the total home allocation, split:

South Stand Upper 128
South Stand Lower 467
East Stand 314
North Stand 596 (with 61 seats sold of the 375 available in recently opened Block 26)
online sales this avo/eve ( possibly, but unlikely many tomorrow too) and on the day walk ups will tip the balance over the 10k total Id think

We're at 8,900 approx now. 200 sold so far today and I'd expect to go over 9,000 before the end of the day. That's 700 more than we had for Wycombe already, thereby proving irrefutably that Wycombe is not a derby!

People do actually buy tickets online on Christmas Day and I'd expect another 100 or so tomorrow, maybe more? Boxing Day is forecast to be "light showers" so shouldn't put people off from coming and we do normally have good walk up business on Boxing Day. I'm predicting 9,400 home fans to be in attendance.

I've been doing a bit of research into Lincoln's away followings and they're very hard to predict. They've taken over 3,000 to Doncaster, just under 3,000 to Rotherham, and over 2,500 to Peterborough, which are all relatively easy journeys for them. They took 800 to Portsmouth, 700 to Wimbledon and only 475 to Gillingham (their lowest following this season. Recently they've taken 1,300 to Blackpool and MK, and 1,100 to Coventry last Saturday. On the basis that they had sold 400 six days ago I'm going to predict that they'll bring 800 to us, leaving us with a largest League attendance of the season (so far!) of 10,200.

Going out shortly, so won't do a further count up until late this evening, so if @Thecurraghofkildare wants do do one in the meantime that would be great. No rest for the dot counters!!!

That's 700 more than we had for Wycombe already, thereby proving irrefutably that Wycombe is not a derby!

Or merely that Lincoln is more of a derby, a qualified logician could opine with some justice.

'Nothing is so difficult as not deceiving oneself' as Wittgenstein said; although he was of course a Cambridge man and closer to Lincoln in at least one sense.

And @Colin B before you rush to counter this, recall please Freddie Ayer's wise words - 'the fact that a conclusion does not follow from its putative premise is not sufficient to show that it is false.'

Merry Mithrastide, dear boy, come and shower us with cake at the Bird like in the old days.

1242 home seats left at 10.30pm on Christmas Eve (so 122 sold in last 6 hours) which means that total Oxford sales are now up to an estimated 9063.

Remaining seats are split:

South Stand Upper 99
South Stand Lower 470
East Stand 267
North Stand 506

Back
Top Bottom