Getting the crowds back in

I know we see issues with identifying which ST can attend or not but imagine the problem Swindon have, every fan is related so a single social bubble covers all of them.

Disclaimer: obviously i don't actually believe all Swindon fans are related, that would be ridiculous.

I know we see issues with identifying which ST can attend or not but imagine the problem Swindon have, every fan is related so a single social bubble covers all of them.

Disclaimer: obviously i don't actually believe all Swindon fans are related, that would be ridiculous.
The ones who think they are probably aren’t.

They have indeed. I’ve been correlating the two data sets and it’s tracking similar whereby it steadily grew in Dead Gulch City and then exploded.

It takes a few weeks for hospitalizations and deaths to catch up to the increased rate although overall hospitals in both countries appear to be working out how to reduce the death rate.

The death rate per case has been way higher in the UK from the beginning for some reason which is hard to explain

Texas:
Population: c.30m
Total cases: 668k
Total deaths: 13k
Death rate: c.2%

UK :
Population: c.60m
Total cases: 350k
Total deaths: 41k
Death rate: c.12%

Age, ethnicity, population density, co-morbidities, cultural behaviou and lots of other factors as far as the weather can be thrown in the mix.
Interesting stats thank you.

Age, ethnicity, population density, co-morbidities, cultural behaviour and lots of other factors as far as the weather can be thrown in the mix.
Interesting stats thank you.
Yes, very informative. I try to keep up with the Texas news myself because our younger son and his wife live in Austin.

Given the new restrictions as of Monday and the fact Donny races has now been asked to go behind closed doors from tomorrow, I would be very surprised if we are allowed back in the Kassam in October.

Honestly don’t think anyone can expect to see a game live in 2020. I said this before and it wasn’t well received but the reality is that we are dealing with a very contagious illness and nobody wants to be the one accountable for making a decision that could latterly be scrutinized as culpable for deaths

Honestly don’t think anyone can expect to see a game live in 2020. I said this before and it wasn’t well received but the reality is that we are dealing with a very contagious illness and nobody wants to be the one accountable for making a decision that could latterly be scrutinized as culpable for deaths
Unfortunately I think you’re right. I was due to attend a trial day at Warwick races in a couple of weeks, about 1,200 people at a racecourse that can hold 10,000 plus. Was due to be largely outdoors, limited food and drink facilities with an emphasis on outdoor food and drink vendors. Presumably that’s going to be cancelled at 4pm today and on that basis I can’t see any way a football ground like ours would be allowed even 10% in let alone the desired 25% to 40%.

Boris just said that a review of whether to proceed with crowds in stadiums from 1st October is to take place given the new restrictions.

Thanks to the brain dead morons who only think about themselves spreading the decease its depriving us all of what we want most, getting back and supporting our teams again. How long before the games are brought to a halt once more.

I said in April that football should scrap any thoughts of crowds being in attendance for this coming season, and just focus on getting its alternative revenue models in place and improving the capabilities for streaming and e-commerce. That was nearly six months ago.

It was never going to blow over by now, let alone stay that way.

I said in April that football should scrap any thoughts of crowds being in attendance for this coming season, and just focus on getting its alternative revenue models in place and improving the capabilities for streaming and e-commerce. That was nearly six months ago.

It was never going to blow over by now, let alone stay that way.

Still, at least there’s a sensible, planned and well thought out system in place for streaming games now.

Remind me, can we pay to stream Tuesday’s League cup game against Watford??

It’s under review but with some test events going ahead, but only those of a 1000 or less.

I reckon we will still see crowds back but perhaps a bit later, but with much lower initial numbers, 10% (or lower for the bigger clubs) for the first month or two.

Lucky dip for season ticket holders.

I reckon we will still see crowds back but perhaps a bit later, but with much lower initial numbers, 10% (or lower for the bigger clubs) for the first month or two.
It took us six months to get from no fans to test events for a relative handful, which are now being cancelled. Right as we’re seeing a sharp upturn in infections as schools goes back, people are told to go to the office, and the weather starts to turn for the worse. The first six months of this thing were the ‘good’ months; the summer months. The next six are surely unlikely to be an improvement.

I would be staggered if anybody sees a league football match in the flesh this season. If they do then I don’t think it’ll be much before the very end of the season, around April perhaps, so that they can “end the season on a high” with a couple of games in front of fans.

Hope for the best, but expect the worst seems like the way to go.

I've got the solution!

Stop any further season ticket sales now, and only let existing season ticket holders attend alternate home games, with no away fans.
That way, we all get to go to games, whilst also still having free access to ifollow, for the home games all season.

For example:

If there have been 5000 season ticket sales, 2500 go one week, spread over the three stands, with each "bubble" sat 2-3 seats apart.

Then the following week, with all seats used at the previous game having been cleaned and sanitised, the other 2500 go along, and do the same.

Then simply have a steward outside the toilets, making sure only 4-5 people use the toilets at once.

And just keep all the confectionary stands in and around the ground closed, or open them before the game and at half time, but with socially distanced queues of only 4-5 people.

Everyone has to wear a face covering, and lets face it, at that time of year, most people will be wearing gloves anyway!

There, sorted!

You're welcome!

Still, at least there’s a sensible, planned and well thought out system in place for streaming games now.

Remind me, can we pay to stream Tuesday’s League cup game against Watford??
Should be able to if it hasn't been selected for live TV on Sky.

Thanks to the brain dead morons who only think about themselves spreading the decease its depriving us all of what we want most, getting back and supporting our teams again. How long before the games are brought to a halt once more.

Brain dead morons being those that:

1) are going to work to provide their family?
2) are exercising their right to visit shops while wearing a mask/face covering?
3) are people enjoying the ‘eat out to help out’ scheme in August and have continued to contribute to the economy during the start of September?

Can’t wait to hear from you...

The government is permitting up to 1,000 fans into Wembley for Non-League Finals Day - what is that going to 'test' exactly?

Back
Top Bottom