Getting the crowds back in

I'm not sure that anyone is suggesting that any season ticket holder will be prioritised over another. With around 4000 season tickets sold, and the hope that we'll be able to go up to around 30% ground capacity, then every season ticket holder able to attend can do from October (assuming nothing changes).

As for season ticket holders over casual fans, then this season, more than ever before, priority MUST go to season ticket holders. The vast majority paid their money when there were no guarantees of seeing ANY games. Nearly all paid for games last season that they couldn't attend without refund. So yes, season ticket holders in any stands, on their own or as a family, every one hopefully gets to see every possible game.

Why does it matter that someone who pays more should get more priority people choose what they can afford to pay doesn’t make them any less of a fan just because they couldn’t afford the more expensive tickets the club should try and make it as fair as they can for people to attend matches and I’m sure they will try there best
Of course they will. But IMO it wouldn't actually be about the money - I think OUFC94 got it right for the wrong reason.

If there are six people in a family bubble who go together then they can sit on seats next to each other, with a seat free to the left and right of them. That's eight seats taken up for six people. If I go (not in a football going bubble) then with two seats left and right of me, that is three seats. So six people like me would take up 18 seats.

A rough and ready calculation. In a 12,400 capacity stadium if all of the crowd were singletons, and you could use every row of sets by staggering people then you'd get 4,100 or so in. If you *did* have to leave an empty row of sets then that would be just over 2,000 attendees. If (let's say) the crowd were all in bubbles of four (taking up six seats), with no blank rows you'd get approx (12,400/6 seats = 2,100 seating blocks x 4 people per group) 8,000 in there - 4000 if there had to be an empty row. Very rough estimations of course! So you'd get double the amount of people in by prioritising the family groups.

So on the basis that we have 4000 ST holders, at least a proportion of them will come in family groups and there will be another group who do not yet feel safe enough to want to attend in person anyway - I think there's a fighting chance that the vast majority of ST holders will be able to get in, depending entirely on the rules that are put in place and the state of the virus figures of course.

The EFL spent all summer talking about 25% capacity internally. That would be around 3,000 people in our case. This talk of crowd bubbling and spreading people out differently to fit more individuals in directly goes against what the league has been saying is going to be possible for several months. So it’ll be interesting to know whether this is an official change of stance from the EFL, and a recent one at that, or whether this is something clubs are exploring in the hope that they can talk the league round.

I don’t profess to be overly ITK about much, but when it comes to the EFL I do have a bit of insight. Hence posting the new season start date on July 15 when it wasn’t announced until July 24, despite other people insisting that nobody knew the dates yet. It’s my largely useless special skill.

Last edited:
If the club can fit in 1000 single tickets or 900 families of four (3600 supporters) which do you think would be better for the club?
The 1000, easier crowd control and income will be the same.

The EFL spent all summer talking about 25% capacity internally. That would be around 3,000 people in our case. This talk of crowd bubbling and spreading people out differently to fit more individuals in directly goes against what the league has been saying is going to be possible for several months. So it’ll be interesting to know whether this is an official change of stance from the EFL, and a recent one at that, or whether this is something clubs are exploring in the hope that they can talk the league round.

I don’t profess to be overly ITK about much, but when it comes to the EFL I do have a bit of insight. Hence posting the new season start date on July 15 when it wasn’t announced until July 24, despite other people insisting that nobody knew the dates yet. It’s my largely useless special skill.

From what I've read the FA are setting a % across the board regardless of the stadium in the National League and below. But in the FL, the amount allowed is being considered on a ground by ground basis due to the individual differences in stadiums and working with their SAGs. My understanding could be wrong though but I have read this in more than one place over a bit of time.

From what I've read the FA are setting a % across the board regardless of the stadium in the National League and below. But in the FL, the amount allowed is being considered on a ground by ground basis due to the individual differences in stadiums and working with their SAGs. My understanding could be wrong though but I have read this in more than one place over a bit of time.
You could ultimately be right - the last I heard (around a fortnight ago) it was being planned as a flat percentage in the EFL as well, but it would be more than reasonable for them to look at everything on individual merit. There will certainly be pressure from a fair few clubs to allow as many people in as possible for financial reasons, rather than feeling they could’ve had more in at a time when every penny counts double.

I hope it’s possible for some wiggle room to emerge. It would be a rare display of common sense from a largely incompetent organisation.

You could ultimately be right - the last I heard (around a fortnight ago) it was being planned as a flat percentage in the EFL as well, but it would be more than reasonable for them to look at everything on individual merit. There will certainly be pressure from a fair few clubs to allow as many people in as possible for financial reasons, rather than feeling they could’ve had more in at a time when every penny counts double.

I hope it’s possible for some wiggle room to emerge. It would be a rare display of common sense from a largely incompetent organisation.

I think the difference is how more closely the FL clubs work with a SAG compared to NL clubs and certainly lower. We can but hope this is the case.

During the initial release of season tickets, we sold around 3500 or so. If we were only looking at 25% capacity then I think we would have stopped there, but the continued push makes me confident that we know that 30-35% is more realistic which will allow around 4000 in.

Of course, the issue around the "bubbles" is true, and as mentioned, 1000 groups of 4 takes up less room than 4000 individuals once you include the necessary spacing. It may be necessary to move some people across to the North stand where there will be fewer tickets sold but many more seats available without any away fans.

I'm sure that this will be far from easy and tgat the club will be working hard to find a way to make it possible for as many fans to watch live as is safe to do so.

* I have no ITK knowledge on agreed attendance figures or communication between the EFL and the club!!

Just waiting for the "it would have been worse if Corbyn was in charge" so that we can officially write this thread off like so many others!!!

Don't forget that you still need to fill out the survey even if you are not in a bubble.

Positive test figures have been going up steadily before yesterday. Not the case with hospitalisations. How are things in Dead Gulch City Arizona, Otto?

They have indeed. I’ve been correlating the two data sets and it’s tracking similar whereby it steadily grew in Dead Gulch City and then exploded.

It takes a few weeks for hospitalizations and deaths to catch up to the increased rate although overall hospitals in both countries appear to be working out how to reduce the death rate.

The death rate per case has been way higher in the UK from the beginning for some reason which is hard to explain

Texas:
Population: c.30m
Total cases: 668k
Total deaths: 13k
Death rate: c.2%

UK :
Population: c.60m
Total cases: 350k
Total deaths: 41k
Death rate: c.12%

Last edited:
Back