Getting the crowds back in

Also had a text re bubble. Filled it in again thinking original had not gone through, received text back saying it was a reminder for those who hadnt sent theirs in with apologies for misunderstanding, so nothing to worry about guys.

Does anyone know if the club still intend to have a ballot for this Saturday - unlikely I know but would be useful to understand so ST holders can plan their Saturdays and whether they might need to get in the car at about 1.30.

Non league clubs up to a certain level are allowed small crowds in, you do have to wonder how s**t the football is if even a virus won’t attend.

Anything come out about the government review about attending games yet? If they are anything like the Football league the season will be over before we even get that.

I have filled mine in last week, after much thought based on my own individual circumstances I have ticked that I am not returning so that’s one more seat Available for some one else

Has anyone received an acknowledgement that the club has received their social bubble survey entry?

Apologies for the doom and gloom but looking at how things are currently, would say there's more chance of the season being cancelled than fans being allowed back in before the end of the year.

That would be ridiculous and catastrophic.

Apologies for the doom and gloom but looking at how things are currently, would say there's more chance of the season being cancelled than fans being allowed back in before the end of the year.

I think your concerns are very valid, at least at grassroots level. However, as elite teams are tested, I expect the season to be completed. As for fans in stadiums, I think any participation will be short-lived.

Off-topic, but...

RE: OUWFC

Mar 16: FAWNL suspends its fixture programme - there were 137 reported cases of Covid-19 that day.

Mar 26: FAWNL declares the 2019/20 season null and void - there were 1,929 reported cases of Covid-19 that day.

Can't help but feel the season is very much in danger before it has even begun. ?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the club still intend to have a ballot for this Saturday - unlikely I know but would be useful to understand so ST holders can plan their Saturdays and whether they might need to get in the car at about 1.30.
unlikely. the EFL test events this last w/e were cancelled. Can't see anything more happening at short notice.

This will be fun to see what happens next. Mentions those areas in a local lockdown won’t be allowed!

Last edited:
I have no idea if clubs had started to plan in anticipation of the imminent return of fans, but that seems logistically challenging to say the least.

The original forecast for the possibility of fans returning was the 3rd October v Crewe. That’s what I was told by the football club.

Having said that, I’m quite willing to take part in these pilot games, and will attend all if possible.

This will be fun to see what happens next. Mentions those areas in a local lockdown won’t be allowed!
It will be interesting to see how they cope with supporters who are coming *from* an affected area even if the stadium isn't!

Some people would be sensible enough not to go, others....

Back
Top Bottom