General Gamesmanship, game management, and drinks breaks

It's simple really if a player goes down and gets the game stopped then her should be forced to leave the field and only return on the referees say so, that should soon deter fake injuries where they don't want the trainer on but the ref is compelled to halt the game.
Also I would bring in a rule where the 4th official brings drinks to the centre circle and all players have to stay away from the touchline to avoid deliberate coaching breaks.

Unfortunately it needs refs with a spine to carry this out so never going to happen.

I don't think that's fair.

It takes backing from the EFL and/or FA. A statement acknowledging the issue before announcing a crackdown.

Noticed its the goalies going down injured now, can't ask them to go to the side of the pitch of the pitch to get treated while the game goes on.
I wasn't at the match, was it our GK or Fleetwood's? Or both? Or a different match
It's been brought up earlier in the thread. The FA brought in the "players treated off the pitch" to avoid delays, so goalkeepers now seem more likely to get cramp towards the end of the game as obviously they can't leave the pitch and the game continue. I think we did it during the "boring boring Oxford" game at Ipswich last season.
Have we been doing it again? I've missed several games so haven't been aware if we are doing this a lot.

I wasn't at the match, was it our GK or Fleetwood's? Or both? Or a different match
It's been brought up earlier in the thread. The FA brought in the "players treated off the pitch" to avoid delays, so goalkeepers now seem more likely to get cramp towards the end of the game as obviously they can't leave the pitch and the game continue. I think we did it during the "boring boring Oxford" game at Ipswich last season.
Have we been doing it again? I've missed several games so haven't been aware if we are doing this a lot.
It was dirty dirty Fleetwood doing it. At least we had them a bit rattled in the second half, though they looked more likely to score when they did come forward.

It was theres, Peterborough goalie did the same after we scored as well. Its fairly obviously a plan, used to go seasons without GK getting cramp now its fairly frequent.

It was theres, Peterborough goalie did the same after we scored as well. Its fairly obviously a plan, used to go seasons without GK getting cramp now its fairly frequent.
At least the Peterborough one was vaguely after he might have got contact. The Fleetwood keeper had been nowhere near the action for a while and just knelt down.

I don't think that's fair.

It takes backing from the EFL and/or FA. A statement acknowledging the issue before announcing a crackdown.
I think it's perfectly fair, new rules are brought in that are clamped down on for the first month of the season then just fizzle out.

I get marginal decisions like contact can sometimes be inconsistent but kicking the ball away, preventing a team taking a free kick, not taking free kicks/throw ins from the right place just allowed to happen one minute but penalised 5 minutes later.

One thing that has crept into the game is goalkeepers falling to the floor with every catch, all teams do it but it's annoying and needless.

I think it's perfectly fair, new rules are brought in that are clamped down on for the first month of the season then just fizzle out.

I get marginal decisions like contact can sometimes be inconsistent but kicking the ball away, preventing a team taking a free kick, not taking free kicks/throw ins from the right place just allowed to happen one minute but penalised 5 minutes later.

One thing that has crept into the game is goalkeepers falling to the floor with every catch, all teams do it but it's annoying and needless.

That's exactly it though.

Referees need constant and vocal backing from football's governing bodies if change is going to happen. State and restate what should be happening. It's weak governance and it comes from above the ref.

At least the Peterborough one was vaguely after he might have got contact. The Fleetwood keeper had been nowhere near the action for a while and just knelt down.
Wish we could go back to that era of just one/two subs but no replacement keeper. An outfield player would have to go in goal if your keeper got injured.

Great fun, added an extra element to the game

Didn't Scott McNiven also keep a clean sheet away to Shrewsbury?

I can remember Bobby Ford making a fantastic save down in front of the LRT against Sheffield United. Unfortunately, he was playing in midfield at the time and was harshly sent off.

On Gillete Soccer special last night the guy at Bramhall Lane was saying the Rotherham players were falling over injured which was disrupting any momentum Sheffield Utd were trying to get. Rotherham won 1-0.

Back
Top Bottom