2022/23: 46
2021/22: 40
2020/21: 48
2018/19: 50
2017/18: 51
Average = 47
PPB for 47 points = 6​

Last edited:
A good start to 3rd block but some tough games in this one with Blackpool, Wigan, Wycombe and Lincoln to play. I think I’d take 8 points from the next 4.

That's games against the sides currently sat in 11th, 23rd (18th without points deduction), 7th and 15th, respectively. With the two 'tougher' games both at home.

From what I've watched this season, we're better than 8 points from those.

I swear we're the only fanbase that can watch 9 wins from 11 (9 from the last 10) and still be desperete to take draws against inferior teams.

That's games against the sides currently sat in 11th, 23rd (18th without points deduction), 7th and 15th, respectively. With the two 'tougher' games both at home.

I swear we're the only fanbase that can watch 9 wins from 11 (9 from the last 10) and still be desperete to take draws against inferior teams.
If we get 8 points from the next 4 we’ll only be 1 point worse off this block than we were the last two, hardly a disastrous drop

I’m slightly less far down this road than you, but we absolutely were treating Bristol Rovers like Brazil this week and I expect we will spend the next fortnight doing the same with Blackpool.

I’m slightly less far down this road than you, but we absolutely were treating Bristol Rovers like Brazil this week and I expect we will spend the next fortnight doing the same with Blackpool.
I’m not too worried about Blackpool. I actually think the tough games are Wigan and Lincoln away which are both Tuesday nights.

Really?
They lost their best 3 players in the pre season.
They were good against us, but I wouldn't be amazed if they struggled

It appears I could be very wrong about Cambridge! They were woeful tonight.

I can't find a non-match day thread for Saturday.
Blackpool 3 - 0 Stevenage
Cambridge 1 -1 Shrewsbury
Carlisle 0 - 1 Leyton Orient
Lincoln 0 - 1 Burton

Not much to say as only Stevenage of the top 6 played.
Looks like they are dropping away a bit now with three defeats in four.
Blackpool and Orient both coming in to a little bit of form ahead of our upcoming fixtures.

Lincoln 0 - 1 Burton

Blackpool and Orient both coming in to a little bit of form ahead of our upcoming fixtures.

Rumour that Huddersfield will recall Jordan Rhodes in January. Don't know how reliable this is mind.

Rumour that Huddersfield will recall Jordan Rhodes in January. Don't know how reliable this is mind.
Yeah one of my mates is a massive Huddersfield fan and said while Warnock didn't fancy him, Rhodes is exactly the sort of striker the side needs under Moore. Seems likely if there is definitely a recall clause, that they'll be using it.

Lincoln 0 - 1 Burton

I was hoping Stevenage would take something from Blackpool. Stevenage will finish mid table whereas Blackpool could be in the playoff mix so I'd rather have kept a bigger gap between us and them, although it's more important we keep doing our thing.

Edit - just posted this and saw about Rhodes potentially being recalled. They'd certainly be less to worry about if he got recalled.

Block 1
Cambridge (A) - 0
Carlisle (H) - 3
Derby (A) - 3
Barnsley (A) - 3
Charlton (H) - 3
Total out of 15: 12

Block 2

Vale (H) - 0
Fleetwood (A) - 3
Exeter (H) - 3
Stevenage (A) - 3
Shrewsbury (H) - 3
Total out of 15: 12

Block 3

Bristol Rovers (H) - 3
Blackpool (H) - 1
Wigan (A) - 0
Wycombe (H) - 1
Lincoln (A) - 3
Total out of 15: 8
I wonder what could have been happening in Block 3 to cause us to fall off a little, didn't know my a**e

My problem now is persuading my wife that my boy and I need to fly back regularly for games otherwise Oxford might start losing. I had worried we might curse the team, but it’s now 6 goals in 2 games, all scored by defenders/backs.
You (or more likely your wife) don't have to worry; all that needs to happen is for me NOT to come to England to watch us play. Like you, I was able to go to three games--two home draws sandwiching the loss at Wigan! Unlike you, who got to see three wins! Anyway, since my departure we've gone back to four straight wins.

Block 4 looks like a tough block but we should be able to get 9-11 points from it I reckon. Anywhere between those numbers and I’d be happy enough

You (or more likely your wife) don't have to worry; all that needs to happen is for me NOT to come to England to watch us play. Like you, I was able to go to three games--two home draws sandwiching the loss at Wigan! Unlike you, who got to see three wins! Anyway, since my departure we've gone back to four straight wins.
It sounds like your experience is exactly what I feared would happen for us. Sorry!

I think the most important thing is that the two of you never meet. It could have very grave consequences for the universe as we know it.

I think the most important thing is that the two of you never meet. It could have very grave consequences for the universe as we know it.
You think the southern hemisphere oufc professoriat might annihilate or something?

I think @chuckbert you can come over whenever you like especially if we win when you attend... @Jon-ioualways probably best you stick to pre season games if you only bring us bad luck 😂😂

Nah in all seriousness fair play to the both of you living so far away and still coming home to watch the yellows 💛💙

Block 4 looks like a tough block but we should be able to get 9-11 points from it I reckon. Anywhere between those numbers and I’d be happy enough
Block 4
Orient (A) - 3
Cheltenham (A)
Bolton (H)
Peterborough (A)
Reading (A)
Total out of 15:

I think Block 4 looks okay, Reading are still a basket case and Cheltenham are relegation candidates, block 7 on the other hand looks very tough

Block 7

Blackpool (A)
Wigan (H)
Wycombe (A)
Orient (H)
Pompey (A)
Total out of 15:

Block 4
Orient (A) - 3
Cheltenham (A)
Bolton (H)
Peterborough (A)
Reading (A)
Total out of 15:

I think Block 4 looks okay, Reading are still a basket case and Cheltenham are relegation candidates, block 7 on the other hand looks very tough

Block 7
Blackpool (A)
Wigan (H)
Wycombe (A)
Orient (H)
Pompey (A)
Total out of 15:
We don’t know what block Pompey at home will fall into yet either.

That completes Block 4 (Block 3 was shocking) and sees us back up to playoff position form in terms of PPG.

Block 5
Burton (H) - 3
Northampton (A) - 0
Cambridge (H) - 3
Derby (H) - 0
Charlton (A) - 3
Total out of 15: 9

Back
Top Bottom