General Feedback from Friday's visit at OUFC

For me the club should have an identity & culture set throughout it from people higher up than the manager.

You then go and employ a manager who’s able to work under what you expect under those terms.

Then you have a sporting director, head coach, academy manager & recruitment team for both working alongside each other.

This means when a manager leaves a club another one can slot in easily.

Like Brighton in the PL, Like Luton in the Championship.
From what has been said the club is going back to that identity this summer by bringing in young players who can be developed then sold as a profit. We also have to get back to playing the football we have become used to.
With regards to recruitment and academy manager, the 1st team manager should over see them to ensure they are inline with the 1st team.

It is the difference between having a manager or a head coach.

Robinson should not be at this meeting, it‘s difficult to be critical of someone when they are in earshot. And especially so given his intimidating personality. That’s naughty of them to bring him along.

For goodness sake, what difference does it make?

Those fans in attendance should still be asking the same questions, whether Robinson is there or not. So the message would have been clear, regardless.

Unless of course you think that said fans would also have been too intimidated to ask the pertinent questions!

From what has been said the club is going back to that identity this summer by bringing in young players who can be developed then sold as a profit. We also have to get back to playing the football we have become used to.
With regards to recruitment and academy manager, the 1st team manager should over see them to ensure they are inline with the 1st team.

It is the difference between having a manager or a head coach.

It was made clear today Karl’s a head coach, not a manager. Which I think we can both agree on, isn’t the case.

Let’s just hope they get a proper structure in place for when they make the change whenever that may be.

It’s not healthy for a football club to delay or bottle making the needed change due to worries of what’s left behind.

Let’s just say Mousinho leaving couldn’t have come at a worse time. Can’t say much more.

That one was denied. At no time were we, apparently, in for Hardie. - Surprised me as well!
I said in summer there was no truth whatsoever about us bidding for Hardie when others were saying it on here.
Sorry, I’ve not read anymore of this thread if it’s been talked about.
Jebbison at Sheffield United was our main target in Jan but never got close. Never knew anything about the Brighton striker. Being talked about 30 million quid offers already! Not sure an offer of 700k from us would have got us very far!!!

Was anything mentioned about frustrations from councillor Miller regarding the stadium?

I haven’t read all this thread but I get the impression that the tough, personal questions weren’t asked of him in person like they are on here ? Why not ? By definition, if you were there it’s because you’ve written in to Tim Williams basically asking him to sack Robinson. You’ve got Robinson face to face and it seems you’ve bottled it. What’s the worst he can do if you basically tell him he’s a fat, useless, scouse gobshite - like you do on here. Was it 12 who went ? I hope each and everyone at least had the balls to tell him you wanted him sacked.

just can’t believe what the post we are getting from 2 on here.
please somebody tell me they feel the same.
It’s them that try to belittle people who doesn’t hold the same view as them.
Perhaps they just want to argue

"I'll finance the degradation of my club" he said, with a sense of almost pride.
I’m not sure it is right or fair to question anyone who is willing to part with their hard earned money to support a club they have followed for years.
Football is a rollercoaster but to enjoy the good times, you have to go through the bad too.

I understand some might not want to renew but let’s not criticise the ones that do still want to buy a ST.

I said in summer there was no truth whatsoever about us bidding for Hardie when others were saying it on here.
Sorry, I’ve not read anymore of this thread if it’s been talked about.
Jebbison at Sheffield United was our main target in Jan but never got close. Never knew anything about the Brighton striker. Being talked about 30 million quid offers already! Not sure an offer of 700k from us would have got us very far!!!

Was anything mentioned about frustrations from councillor Miller regarding the stadium?
I asked Niall McWilliams about the delaying tactics of Miller, he didn't appear unduly bothered. All is on course with everything in hand. Plans are on the way and everybody seems to be happy. The reassurance that The Triangle is more than sufficient space for what is required was confirmed. I made the point that it would be large enough for a stadium with all the necessary infrastructure integrated into the build. This was greeted with large smiles from McWilliams and Williams.
I'd say things are good on the stadium side, less so on the playing. The team needs a full refresh come the summer and, some very astute recruitment in the back room areas. I got the impression that KR and his mobile will not be the order of the day!

I asked Niall McWilliams about the delaying tactics of Miller, he didn't appear unduly bothered. All is on course with everything in hand. Plans are on the way and everybody seems to be happy. The reassurance that The Triangle is more than sufficient space for what is required was confirmed. I made the point that it would be large enough for a stadium with all the necessary infrastructure integrated into the build. This was greeted with large smiles from McWilliams and Williams.
I'd say things are good on the stadium side, less so on the playing. The team needs a full refresh come the summer and, some very astute recruitment in the back room areas. I got the impression that KR and his mobile will not be the order of the day!
Very positive news regarding the stadium! 👍🏻

It was made clear today Karl’s a head coach, not a manager. Which I think we can both agree on, isn’t the case.

Let’s just hope they get a proper structure in place for when they make the change whenever that may be.

It’s not healthy for a football club to delay or bottle making the needed change due to worries of what’s left behind.

Let’s just say Mousinho leaving couldn’t have come at a worse time. Can’t say much more.
I agree that Robinson isn’t just a head coach, he does the job of a manager.

Mous was always next in line for the job but he is now at Pompey and that ship has sailed. Again, another reason why the club are holding off from pulling the trigger just yet.

Fans have been wanting to know the answers around Stevens, Jones, Taylor, Findlay, Murphy, Smyth for months. This was their chance to ask the man directly.

He only spoke about Jones and Murphy
You might even be surprised with tomorrows starting line up

I haven’t read all this thread but I get the impression that the tough, personal questions weren’t asked of him in person like they are on here ? Why not ? By definition, if you were there it’s because you’ve written in to Tim Williams basically asking him to sack Robinson. You’ve got Robinson face to face and it seems you’ve bottled it. What’s the worst he can do if you basically tell him he’s a fat, useless, scouse gobshite - like you do on here. Was it 12 who went ? I hope each and everyone at least had the balls to tell him you wanted him sacked.

10 went. 8 made it pretty clear they wanted change, Dick.

Didn’t see you there, Dick.

You were not there and you really don't know. Some of us went and made every effort to be civil and ask pertinent questions. If you really believe that you could spout the kind of language you have and get an answer, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom