General Feedback from Friday's visit at OUFC

Very positive news regarding the stadium! 👍🏻

The stadium is still very much in the hands of planning.

Save your optimism for when the green light is given to actually start the build. Until then, really no point in counting your chickens.

• React
Reactions: UTO
It seems to me we’ve lost good people, in particular Dan Harris, Mark Thomas and John Mousiniho. On the plus side Stevie Kinniburgh is one positive recruitment. But we’re still left with some gaping holes and a pretty uninspiring off field coaching team, and an unbalanced ageing squad on needlessly long contracts.

Hopefully TW can see that a huge shake up will be needed in the summer on and off the field.

What a mess, a wasted season, and a squad that will take at least 2 transfer windows to sort out.

Seems like that nasty taste was helped by the bacon butty and cuppa!
I think he was referring to a couple of individuals on here not those who had a bacon butty and if you had been invited you would have seen not everything was rosey when the questions were asked.

The stadium is still very much in the hands of planning.

Save your optimism for when the green light is given to actually start the build. Until then, really no point in counting your chickens.

Planning authority have to find a reason to refuse it on certain grounds not just because a bunch of nimbys and impartial councillors dont want it. Land owner being Oxfordshire County Council will have a massive sway in the outcome.

I agree that Robinson isn’t just a head coach, he does the job of a manager.

Mous was always next in line for the job but he is now at Pompey and that ship has sailed. Again, another reason why the club are holding off from pulling the trigger just yet.
Why do you persist in positing facts that you cannot positively know are accurate? Admit it, you don't know that 'Mous was always next in line'.

One thing the was evident from talking to TW is that the owners are happy to provide the funds but we are restricted by the EFL financial regulations (forgot what he called them). So we’re very limited at the moment by how much revenue we make, the owners can’t just chuck in millions. The big concern is that if people stay away or don’t buy season tickets we’ll be further away from the big clubs in our league than ever.
It’s such a tricky thing as we need every pound but the current situation is driving fans away. This year’s top 8 budget could be much lower next year if people stay away. That’s why we all need to unite behind one person, but would we ever now fall in behind Robinson? I doubt it.

For goodness sake, what difference does it make?

Those fans in attendance should still be asking the same questions, whether Robinson is there or not. So the message would have been clear, regardless.

Unless of course you think that said fans would also have been too intimidated to ask the pertinent questions!
There were a couple of questions aimed about KR and performances and whether he should be here

People might well go to games but i bet they wont buy season tickets if Robinson is still in charge.

Yep, I think a fair few will decide not to renew, but will pick an chose which games to go to.

As a club you really don’t want that because fans can easily be lost once they get out of the habit of attending matches regularly.

One thing the was evident from talking to TW is that the owners are happy to provide the funds but we are restricted by the EFL financial regulations (forgot what he called them). So we’re very limited at the moment by how much revenue we make, the owners can’t just chuck in millions. The big concern is that if people stay away or don’t buy season tickets we’ll be further away from the big clubs in our league than ever.
It’s such a tricky thing as we need every pound but the current situation is driving fans away. This year’s top 8 budget could be much lower next year if people stay away. That’s why we all need to unite behind one person, but would we ever now fall in behind Robinson? I doubt it.
Isn't that the argument why KR must go and go now. Every day wasted will represent more lost revenue next season.

Something that Tim Williams said today and I’ve been saying for a few seasons “ shoot if you’re outside the box shoot or in his words have f*****g go and then bemoaned that sometimes our players take and extra touch a half second decision and the moments gone.

For me a manager of a football should have a say in most aspects of a football club, to how the academy ask their teams to play (should mirror how the first team play), which academy players get contracts, player contracts and even get to have a say in how the club should be marketed and how to get fans to the stadium. After all, they are the manager of the football club.

I think the biggest concern is who is managing the manager and the accountability of decisions.

I think it is quite clear that Robinson will be here until the summer as a minimum. There will then be a meeting about how the club reset and it will be down to the board to whether that is with or without Robinson. If he is to stay though I expect significant changes to his back from staff and above him.
Well at the moment our academy would wipe the floor with the first team and definitely play a better style of football too. So that’s not really happening.

Back
Top Bottom