General Fans Forum 12/12/2022

Firstly well done Sarge and UptheUs for the questions, really liked UptheUs challenging Karl.

I have heard from people in the room saying it was a good operation. Watching with 355 others on YouTube (live) I have to say, I wasn't impressed with some of the panel. I thought Niall spoke very well and articulately (noting and praising supporters), I thought Stevie K answered his questions well and as expected, I was most impressed, with Liam Gilbert. A very impressive young man/coach.

Karl had about 3 questions to answer, the first was about 20-25 minutes in, so a bit awkward that the main man, was left hanging about for so long :)

Wasn't impressed with Tim W and to a lesser extent GF. Tim W seems to be more interested in Kelvin Thomas level of detail - sorting out kit, sorting out merchandise problems and supply, speaking to iFollow, surely that's not what he's been brought in for?

They seem to have little understanding of some of the feeling and apathy amongst the fanbase. If 25-30 in attendance doesn't tell them that, well, what hope do we have.
Totally Simon,

Yes it did feel a bit disjointed.

Only right in my view that the majority of the questions should be stadium related, it is after all the most important issue facing the club at the current time. I think it would‘ve been better for those questions and answers to be grouped together in the discussion. Preferably at the beginning.

We get to hear from Robinson every week so it was unlikely that we’d get anything interesting, new or insightful from him apart from the fact he believes we had a good transfer window in the summer!

McWilliams, Kinniburgh & Gilbert all came across well.
I think both issues were important, the state of the football/recruitment etc, plus the stadium, both go hand in hand. It’s not his having a shiny new stadium with a shite team.

Really don’t like to see TW hugging KR before games either. They shouldn’t be mates.
Or clapping publicly when we’ve played shite which I commented a few weeks ago, so along with what I saw last night sort of concerned me!

Did I hear right that we haven't got the problem with a new sponsor next season slowing up the process of the new kits being revealed?
Even though I was there it was quiet on the Mike from the panel and difficult to make out .

Last edited:
It was said the sponsor on the Shirt is known for next season so this should help. But it is not known when the world supplier issues will be sorted.

I’d rather he say ‘ & knows the consequences if they aren’t achieved’

So to summarise:

"the aim this season is promotion" = bad
"Karl understands the expectations of the board for this season" = good

Seems logical....

All of that may well be true but I can’t take TW serious when he keeps saying the aim this season is promotion. He’s living in cuckoo land.
I love that he keeps reiterating that aim. It makes consequences more justifiable when we don't achieve it. Nothing wrong with keeping KR in his toes.

I have it on good authority that next year's kit includes a lovely blue crinoline (yellow shirts and socks to keep us purists happy). The players will simply pop the ball unseen under the aforesaid article and glide serenely towards goal while fluttering a small fan. It also has the advantage of making any defensive wall twice as wide. Difficult to run in of course, but that why we have been practicing the walking football this season...

Head's empty.
I have it on good authority that next year's kit includes a lovely blue crinoline (yellow shirts and socks to keep us purists happy). The players will simply pop the ball unseen under the aforesaid article and glide serenely towards goal while fluttering a small fan.

The small fan is going to be sponsored, like the mascot in 12th Man times. Who would put their child through that?

I wonder why the club haven’t invested in one of these domes. Maybe a question for the future.

Id think that its likely undersoil/ pitch heating* will be part of any new stadium design?

* if memory serves(?) there is the pipes for undersoil heating at the breeze block- however, like (many) other aspects there , the owner skimped on the actual build, and it was never actually connected to any heating system

Back
Top Bottom