Transfer News Eastwood wanted by Barnsley

Dont be ridiculous! Forster had played Champions league with a standout game against Barcelona. Pickford had a stellar season in the Prem in a dreadful team. Eastwood is a vg L1 keeper unproven in the Championship. £300k or thereabouts will be his value
Higher than that I would think, if we’re not desperate for the money. People were talking about that clown at Swindon going for £1m in the summer and Eastwood is a much better keeper. Tell Barnsley no, get a decent contract in front of him and he’s worth at least that

4 million is silly money! A bid of 750k - 1mil would be enough.

I don’t want him to leave at all, would be very difficult to replace but money talks! Let’s hope nothing comes of it!!

It’s always bloody Barnsley, either nicking our players, transfer targets (Mawson, Lindsay, Moore) or beating us at Wembley!!

4 million is silly money! A bid of 750k - 1mil would be enough.

I don’t want him to leave at all, would be very difficult to replace but money talks! Let’s hope nothing comes of it!!

It’s always bloody Barnsley, either nicking our players, transfer targets (Mawson, Lindsay, Moore) or beating us at Wembley!!

Could be worse, he could go to join Wilder's boys!

Personally, icing on the cake for me, top class keeper and a massive loss, not happy about him going anywhere.

Could we bring MAPP back, loved the way he got us playing, we seem so unstable now, no flair and fragile at the back.

You haven't a clue about what Moore would have done if we offered him what he wanted as a salary, assuming we got that far which I doubt considering the Posh chairman reckoned he wanted a 5 figure salary. Likewise you don't know how much we paid for Dickie.

How much for Dickie compensation no more! He never started for Reading so 100-150k I would think and no we wouldn’t pay a 5 figure wage unless we were in the Championship and even then if we have good sponsorship along with the championship income. As regard Moore if he had come here it would be similar to us bringing Eddie Hutchinson here rather than him go to the scum. But there’s 4 million floating from last summers transfer activity and if you think that was used up in part for Pekalski and Dickie then you need to look at reality. But who knows if we get 5 million for Easty then the club may spend out a bit that would be a total of around 8 million spare, unless Daryl wants to fill him snoockets and f**k the club.

How much for Dickie compensation no more! He never started for Reading so 100-150k I would think and no we wouldn’t pay a 5 figure wage unless we were in the Championship and even then if we have good sponsorship along with the championship income. As regard Moore if he had come here it would be similar to us bringing Eddie Hutchinson here rather than him go to the scum. But there’s 4 million floating from last summers transfer activity and if you think that was used up in part for Pekalski and Dickie then you need to look at reality. But who knows if we get 5 million for Easty then the club may spend out a bit that would be a total of around 8 million spare, unless Daryl wants to fill him snoockets and f**k the club.
We won't get £4-5m for Eastwood!!!
He's unproven in the Championship
Bentley of Sarfend went last summer to Brentford. He was the standout keeper in L1 (which Eastwood isn't) and he is three years younger. And he went for £1.1m......

It isn't £4m upfront, transfers are paid over a period of time. And so £100k+ now is just to be dismissed as compensation? We were throwing around bigger transfer fees before DE were we?

Do you grasp that without transfer fees we as a club make a significant loss, unless we have superb cup draws/runs and then we may make a profit?

We won't get £4-5m for Eastwood!!!
He's unproven in the Championship
Bentley of Sarfend went last summer to Brentford. He was the standout keeper in L1 (which Eastwood isn't) and he is three years younger. And he went for £1.1m......

So Jake Turner 18 year old from Bolton never played a 1st game is being quoted at 4 million yeah right if that’s the case then Eastwood would be with similar if not more otherwise we need to employ the fella from Bolton so he can sell out players and make a fortune

It isn't £4m upfront, transfers are paid over a period of time. And so £100k+ now is just to be dismissed as compensation? We were throwing around bigger transfer fees before DE were we?

Do you grasp that without transfer fees we as a club make a significant loss, unless we have superb cup draws/runs and then we may make a profit?

No way would Dickie be worth more than around 150k but thought it was 3 million upfront for Johnson with add ons and yes I do grasp his w some transfers are done.

No way would Dickie be worth more than around 150k but thought it was 3 million upfront for Johnson with add ons and yes I do grasp his w some transfers are done.

The fee may be £3m guaranteed but the actual cash is generally paid in instalments over a couple of years (sometimes longer depending on the agreement).

I never said Dickie would be worth more than £150k. I queried you dismissing £100k+ as just 'compensation' when before DE fees were a rarity, nevermind over £100k+ for a promising young player.

You also failed to acknowledge that apart from the odd year, we make significant losses each season.

I just hope there’s no legs in this story. That’d be the worst news we could have given all the money that’s come in and not been reinvested.
I’m not sure who could replace the best ever goalkeeper we’ve had here. Nine clean sheets this season and countless saves keepin us in the game. Without him this season we would be struggling to stay up

I just hope there’s no legs in this story. That’d be the worst news we could have given all the money that’s come in and not been reinvested.
I’m not sure who could replace the best ever goalkeeper we’ve had here. Nine clean sheets this season and countless saves keepin us in the game. Without him this season we would be struggling to stay up
lawrence vigouroux? He earns us nearly as many points as Eastwood

If a bid comes in, in the region of £1m - I think he's gone.

The fact that he is the most important player in our squad, and as an individual generates the most points - I think it's not the right time to be losing him, and accepting a bid. Because of that, ask for silly money.

I'm starting to despise Barnsley, they seem to monitor our every move when it comes to transfers. It wouldn't surprise me that if we get a bid for for Ledson, they'll be in for him also.

The fee may be £3m guaranteed but the actual cash is generally paid in instalments over a couple of years (sometimes longer depending on the agreement).

I never said Dickie would be worth more than £150k. I queried you dismissing £100k+ as just 'compensation' when before DE fees were a rarity, nevermind over £100k+ for a promising young player.

You also failed to acknowledge that apart from the odd year, we make significant losses each season.
I know we make loses most seasons but I said I think we get t 3million up front for Johnson with add ons, don’t forget part of the fee was a sell on to Motherwell so before any transfer fee is required you start with the sell on then add your transfer fee which I’m sure would include add ons and another sell on clause, but then you could say the transfer a certain amount is paid up front and in this case I believe it was 3 million for Johnsom

I’m not bothered if they offer silly money or not. The club/Eales have made plenty this season already with the sale of Johnson and Lundstrum plus what I assume was some healthy compensation for the Appleton move.

Yes we’ve brought in ex premiership/CL players but largely for free. They may have large salaries but there’s absolutely no need to sell Eastwood in January.

Eales may not be speaking a great deal at the moment but if this is genuine then his actions as to whether we sell or not will be worth more than all of his words.

It would be terrible for a team who are relying on his ability to keep the score down!

A good L1 keeper, of Eastwood's age (in his prime, with little room for improvement with age) would set you back about £300-500k.

The issue is Eastwood will know that if he is to play championship football/earn a big wage, he needs to move soon, while his stock is high.

I'm starting to despise Barnsley, they seem to monitor our every move when it comes to transfers. It wouldn't surprise me that if we get a bid for for Ledson, they'll be in for him also.

Fine by me...bidding war commence!
Regarding Clint, we are the first team where he has settled into a regular spot. But we are where we are, in the middle of L1. If you get seven figures for a keeper at this level you'll be doing well. Even Joe Hart only went from Shrewsbury for 600,000 (ten years ago, but still). And Clint isn't as good as Joe Hart was then...

Also, people need to understand how the transfer market works. It is very hard to stop players leaving to play in better leagues with better wages. You can force them to stay, but it typically doesn't end well.

All this 'lack of ambition' stuff is nonsense. If players were being sold to L2 clubs or similar size L1 clubs, I'd agree. Players want and need to progress up the pyramid. Wouldn't you want to play in a better league for more money? We will have our best players signed by bigger clubs. It's just the way it is. The key thing is to hold out for a good fee and re-invest.

That's the dirty truth of our youth-based recruitment programme - it's about making money and accepting quality players will leave - but to make the most of them while they are here.

My nan's postman was just walking his dog past the Kassam and saw Andy Woodman in the car park. Make of that what you will.

Also, people need to understand how the transfer market works. It is very hard to stop players leaving to play in better leagues with better wages. You can force them to stay, but it typically doesn't end well.

All this 'lack of ambition' stuff is nonsense. If players were being sold to L2 clubs or similar size L1 clubs, I'd agree. Players want and need to progress up the pyramid. Wouldn't you want to play in a better league for more money? We will have our best players signed by bigger clubs. It's just the way it is. The key thing is to hold out for a good fee and re-invest.

That's the dirty truth of our youth-based recruitment programme - it's about making money and accepting quality players will leave - but to make the most of them while they are here.
You can cut out that sensible stuff

Back
Top Bottom