Transfer News Eastwood wanted by Barnsley

I think Eastwood is great
But if he does go, it will be for £300-400k
He's a really good L1 keeper
But a bit of a punt for the Championship
No guarantee he will cut it there
Hope he stays
If he’s not told he’s going to be number one, I’m not sure how attractive this will be, despite the pay rise. Particularly given some of the basket case clubs he’s previously paid for - new baby on the way so stability might be what he wants.

£300-400k is too low for a valued, under-contract player although the £4-£5m figures banded around here are ridiculous. Goalkeepers at this level do not tend to command that kind of fee, so it’ll be nowhere near that if he does go.

Hope he does stay though. Aside from his typically excellent shot-stopping on Saturday, it’s nice to have a keeper you always have confidence in across all disciplines of goalkeeping.

Not since Clarke’s season in the conference have I felt that way, and even then he managed to chuck one in his own net!!

In my opinion he's our most important player and has probably saved us at least 10 points this season so far. To lose him in January with our defence as it is would be a disaster. I can't see it happening for a couple of reasons as A; I think Pep would walk and B; I think it would be the final nail in the coffin RE relationship between Eales and large numbers of the fans.

There's absolutely no way we would find a replacement anywhere near as good as Eastwood is and there's no way our current back ups are up to the job at the moment.

I understand we have a selling model for the right price but sometimes the club comes first and this would not be in our interest at all.

If he’s not told he’s going to be number one, I’m not sure how attractive this will be, despite the pay rise. Particularly given some of the basket case clubs he’s previously paid for - new baby on the way so stability might be what he wants.

£300-400k is too low for a valued, under-contract player although the £4-£5m figures banded around here are ridiculous. Goalkeepers at this level do not tend to command that kind of fee, so it’ll be nowhere near that if he does go.

Hope he does stay though. Aside from his typically excellent shot-stopping on Saturday, it’s nice to have a keeper you always have confidence in across all disciplines of goalkeeping.

Not since Clarke’s season in the conference have I felt that way, and even then he managed to chuck one in his own net!!

if you dont need to sell and the buyer are looking over their shoulder/staring at relegation you hold out for more

Really hope Eastwood stays, excellent all-round keeper.

However a big increase in salary is likely to turn any players’ head.

A bid of 750k might well secure his services.

With the supposed interest in Ledson as well, there’s won’t be anything left of Appleton’s team before too long.:(

With the supposed interest in Ledson as well, there’s won’t be anything left of Appleton’s team before too long.:(
And the way things are Going there won’t be many supporters left.

Reason i value him that highly us because we have funds for the rest of the season and don't need to sell him. Only way i would be content with our best player leaving when we dont need to sell is for a fee that high.

I think that is a good point. We attracted players like Roofe and McAleny and Martinez on the promise of regular first team football, playing nice attractive style. It doesn't take a genius to see that "system" is long gone.

Although Eastwood was brought in by Appleton, this is the first time in his career he has been first choice GK and it's now been a season and a half. Would he really move on like Appleton to be assistant? Though money talks too.

He has insisted on playing every game since joining OUFC there is no way he is going to move to sit on the bench.

How is DE lining his pockets other than covering previous large losses?

And wasn't there a rumour we offered £500k for Keiffer Moore? Coupled with an undisclosed fee for Rob Dickie.

Well dickie wouldn’t have been much and as regard keiffer Moore don’t if he would drop to L1 and where is the money from last summer

2014 Fraser Foster went from Celtic to Southampton for £10 million. 2017 Jordan Pickford Sunderland to Everton £25 million.

Barnsley have investment, want to make it to the "Trough of Greed- Premiershite"......... and "we" don`t want to sell.......... £4-£5 million as a price tag may not be unrealistic.

Well dickie wouldn’t have been much and as regard keiffer Moore don’t if he would drop to L1 and where is the money from last summer

You haven't a clue about what Moore would have done if we offered him what he wanted as a salary, assuming we got that far which I doubt considering the Posh chairman reckoned he wanted a 5 figure salary. Likewise you don't know how much we paid for Dickie.

2014 Fraser Foster went from Celtic to Southampton for £10 million. 2017 Jordan Pickford Sunderland to Everton £25 million.

Barnsley have investment, want to make it to the "Trough of Greed- Premiershite"......... and "we" don`t want to sell.......... £4-£5 million as a price tag may not be unrealistic.
Dont be ridiculous! Forster had played Champions league with a standout game against Barcelona. Pickford had a stellar season in the Prem in a dreadful team. Eastwood is a vg L1 keeper unproven in the Championship. £300k or thereabouts will be his value

Back
Top Bottom