Matches Derby County (away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I think that's been reciprocated in kind @Ricky Otto

But this latest guy firstly came on here to have a pop about us financially, while getting his facts wrong, and then came out with his line about us going to Derby with "the right attitude" It was patronising and I've responded in kind. You know me, I'll call it how it is, always give people a chance, but this guy was aggressive from the off, so you reap what you sow.

FWIW I don't really have ANY view of Derby, they're just another club, but I also won't be told how to behave at another club's ground, when that behaviour includes rolling over and letting it all be about them. What next, us telling them that they can't sing nasty songs about us only having three stands?

Major overreaction here.

Firstly, he's correct when saying we've also had terrible owners who have left us in financial issues that we would have hated to be punished further with.

Secondly, he's saying that the first game of the season will have a party atmosphere due to the fact they've not been completely liquidized. He's not saying we roll over and lose to let them enjoy the day, he's saying let's all enjoy ourselves. We certainly never made any indication against Cambridge last season that they should let us win when we were mourning Joey, but if they came in the right spirit the day could be enjoyed better by all.

You'll now say that I shouldn't compare those two situations at all, and of course, they are completely different. But Derby will be in a good mood this weekend for even existing at all, not because they're going to p*ss the league.

Major overreaction here.

Firstly, he's correct when saying we've also had terrible owners who have left us in financial issues that we would have hated to be punished further with.

Secondly, he's saying that the first game of the season will have a party atmosphere due to the fact they've not been completely liquidized. He's not saying we roll over and lose to let them enjoy the day, he's saying let's all enjoy ourselves. We certainly never made any indication against Cambridge last season that they should let us win when we were mourning Joey, but if they came in the right spirit the day could be enjoyed better by all.

You'll now say that I shouldn't compare those two situations at all, and of course, they are completely different. But Derby will be in a good mood this weekend for even existing at all, not because they're going to p*ss the league.
Have you read all of my posts on this, or are you taking this one in isolation and out of context?

He said we'd been in Administration, and I corrected him, with quite a comprehensive post, using some facts to put the record straight. He came back with a load of crap about us needing to visit Derby "with the right attitude" which I, and others took exception to. If the Derby fan hadn't come on here spouting untruths, and then being patronising in his reply, none of this would have happened. And you think I'm in the wrong for putting him straight???!!!

Can't believe you're standing up for him. The other Derby fans have been fine so far, and have had the courteous replies that you'd expect, but this fella was an aggressive, arrogant t**t and I replied accordingly. What should I do, apologise that his world famous team should have to lower themselves to play against us???!!!

Cheers buddy. I’m looking forward to visiting your ground later in the season. It’s definitely on my wish list.
Can’t think why you’re looking forward to visiting our ground. You’ll find out for yourself when you’re here and inhale the gentle waft from the nearby sewerage farm whilst freezing your nuts off in a 3 sided, soulless, concrete s**t tip.

Can’t think why you’re looking forward to visiting our ground. You’ll find out for yourself when you’re here and inhale the gentle waft from the nearby sewerage farm whilst freezing your nuts off in a 3 sided, soulless, concrete s**t tip.
Can't you find anything positive to say ( about our ground) surely there is one thing 😂😂😳

Have you read all of my posts on this, or are you taking this one in isolation and out of context?

He said we'd been in Administration, and I corrected him, with quite a comprehensive post, using some facts to put the record straight. He came back with a load of crap about us needing to visit Derby "with the right attitude" which I, and others took exception to. If the Derby fan hadn't come on here spouting untruths, and then being patronising in his reply, none of this would have happened. And you think I'm in the wrong for putting him straight???!!!

Can't believe you're standing up for him. The other Derby fans have been fine so far, and have had the courteous replies that you'd expect, but this fella was an aggressive, arrogant t**t and I replied accordingly. What should I do, apologise that his world famous team should have to lower themselves to play against us???!!!
Did you read my post? I explained what I felt he meant by 'the right attitude'.

I don't see him posting anything about how good or big they are. Just that lots of teams go through financial difficulties due to bad ownership (including ours), plenty of those hit the wall and go out of existence, and he's grateful that his club aren't one of them.

There are plenty of big-headed Derby fans out there, but this guy didn't sound like one to me.

Did you read my post? I explained what I felt he meant by 'the right attitude'.

I don't see him posting anything about how good or big they are. Just that lots of teams go through financial difficulties due to bad ownership (including ours), plenty of those hit the wall and go out of existence, and he's grateful that his club aren't one of them.

There are plenty of big-headed Derby fans out there, but this guy didn't sound like one to me.
Your interpretation of this person's meaning are different to mine then, as I don't agree at all with your explanation of what you think he meant by "the right attitude." I think you're cutting him far too much slack, and I'm not the only one who felt he was patronising.

I'm actually getting bored with going round in circles, but just for clarification, he didn't say we'd had financial problems and difficult owners, he specifically said we were in Administration, like Derby, which we were not. He further implied that we should have received a 12 point penalty, which was not the ruling at the time, and even if it was we could have modified the terms of our CVA to avoid it. It's very very different to Derby's situation.

Fact is, if he hadn't taken it upon himself to come on another club's forum and spout off there would be no need for me, or anyone else, to even comment, let alone disagree.

Derby are a decent sized club but like Sunderland they will have a few fans who think they are a lot bigger than they are, it’s not like we are playing Man U, Liverpool or even Arsenal, it’s Derby f*****g County of league one.

Your interpretation of this person's meaning are different to mine then, as I don't agree at all with your explanation of what you think he meant by "the right attitude." I think you're cutting him far too much slack, and I'm not the only one who felt he was patronising.
I wasn't the only one who felt you overreacted. Saying that it's going to be an emotional day for them clearly means it's about more than just the final score, which he clarified by saying everyone should have a good time whatever the result.
I'm actually getting bored with going round in circles, but just for clarification, he didn't say we'd had financial problems and difficult owners, he specifically said we were in Administration, like Derby, which we were not. He further implied that we should have received a 12 point penalty, which was not the ruling at the time, and even if it was we could have modified the terms of our CVA to avoid it. It's very very different to Derby's situation.
You're technically correct, but the differences are relatively minor. He suggested we were lucky that the current rules weren't in place at that time. I don't think you ever got a chance to mention the 'modification of the terms of the CVA' part to him, you just went for being angry.
Fact is, if he hadn't taken it upon himself to come on another club's forum and spout off there would be no need for me, or anyone else, to even comment, let alone disagree.
He didn't spout off, and it would be nice to feel we can welcome fans of other clubs without chasing them away by calling them 'obnoxious tw*ts' after literally two posts. We've had far worse on here who are literally on to troll and try and be big-shots.

Anyway... if you're bored of going round in circles, I imagine this will be the last post from either of us on this subject.

Must admit your comment @Yellowmania made me smile! One of the best summaries in a few words of the Grenoble Road 'experience' I've read, and underlines, if underlining were needed, the need to do all we can to make Stratfield Brake happen.

I wonder if Mr Findlay could advise us how to clone his erstwhile home, Subaru Park ( https://www.philadelphiaunion.com/stadium/about ) ? Looks to be just about what we need, right down to the stands not being a short bus ride away from the action!

Don't think we had 3000 away fans visiting Pride Park many times last season so very impressive from your fan base, particularly with lots of people on holiday.

£20 for a ticket was a slight surprise, think we were charging £25 - £30 last season but all good, the football fan world deserves to be treated fairly.

What's the typical price for away fans in League One ?

Don't think we had 3000 away fans visiting Pride Park many times last season so very impressive from your fan base, particularly with lots of people on holiday.

£20 for a ticket was a slight surprise, think we were charging £25 - £30 last season but all good, the football fan world deserves to be treated fairly.

Low to mid £20s last season with the odd exception higher iirc.

Last edited:
It was Kassam, before he sold up to Merry.

Mick Brown was in the unfortunate position of being the club secretary who had to implement it.
At the time many of us blamed Mr MB for this total shambles , are you saying he just was doing as he was told?
The whole day , is back in my head now ! Ahhhh

Last edited:

Yeah , I am with Eric on this one if that is how he feels he should not pop over on our forum!

£20 is fine and concessions for the older and younger. Unlike our forthcoming to visit one of the greats tips of League One - Bristol Rovers. £30 (£26 for over 65s and under 21s) to sit in a glorified marquee or £25 and £21 respectively to get an obscured view from the corner of the ground on a crumbling terrace.

I fully agree that the match day experience at Oxford is not great but the views are unobscured at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom